PDA

View Full Version : S2000 - Abarth

Oh, Word?
10-19-2013, 06:39 PM
So after having my ap2 s2000 for a year and a half I was growing tired of it and wanted to switch things up for something a little more practical but still fun to drive. I was sick of buying used cars with issues and a base abarth not only had everything I wanted in a car but was also in a price range new that I could afford. So after about two weeks of haggling I picked up my new car at 330 today. White base abarth no frills. Anyone that's been in an s2000 knows that just having a cup holder is major so anything else was an added bonus, no need for upgraded speakers or 17s for me as the car will eventually be low on nice wheels. Ended up getting the abarth for $9 more a month than what I was paying on my S. I had an 05 srt4 prior to the S and this car reminds me a lot of that but with a bit more refinement and much better gas mileage. I put down 330wtq on the stock turbo with my tune which was great when I wanted to pull on just about any car on the highway but I was also constantly harassed around town by any 16 year old with an exhaust on his civic. No plans for it right now except maybe a short throw. In a while ill probably put an intake and exhaust before I go crazy with wheels and suspension but for now ill just enjoy how it is stock.

musicsurf
10-19-2013, 07:02 PM
Congrats! Stock lasted a week for me and I just... can't... stop.

Tweak
10-19-2013, 08:40 PM
Congrats...and what he ^^^ said sounds about right. :D

FTY
10-19-2013, 09:17 PM
Congrats and an official welcome. Post up some pictures when you get them!

djhace
10-19-2013, 09:30 PM
still stock, still loving it. :-)

Andree
10-19-2013, 09:42 PM
That's great! Congratulations! Going from two seats to four makes the interior seem HUGE, doesn't it? No need to add stuff during the break-in period, in my opinion. It takes awhile for the parts to function optimally, like your gas mpg will go up as the car is broken in. And by then you'll have a real feel for the car as it is. Driving in real life is different than a test drive. You'll get to try out your new car the way you drive all the time, on the roads you have to drive on.

It might be fine as it is, perfect for your driving conditions. If you're in pothole central, lower profile tires won't help at all. Stiffer suspension will make it worse, not better, if you have jarring bumps on the roads. On the other hand, if you have perfect roads, you'll have plenty of time to check out what options you want to add, and in what order.

Abarth Phreak
10-19-2013, 09:56 PM
welcome to the Forum!

Congrats on your decision to get the Abarth!

Now stop following my footsteps....LOL

Had an S2000, liked it but also got bored with it. Also had two 2005 SRT-5 Monsters!!! First one got stolen...bought a second one (ACR Edition), built it, loved it, got a fix "Everything" ticket, then hated it. Sold it. Love my Abarth dearly and yet it does bring back some memories of the SRTs...at least for the fun factor. Those SRTs were just brutes.

I like that the Abarth still has limited parts availability as we all learn about the car from its infancy stages. Same was true for the SRT with only 3 model years...but had massive support in that community.

Have fun with it!

Yorkman1
10-19-2013, 11:13 PM
Welcome fellow s2k friend. I still own mine an have my abarth as well :).

Juair
10-19-2013, 11:18 PM
Another SRT-4 driver in the Abarth family!!

WELCOME!!!

(2004 Neon SRt-4 and 2008 Caliber Srt-4 old car)

Oh, Word?
10-20-2013, 12:12 AM
I was working as a painter at a dodge dealer in 2006 and they still had a bunch of 05 srt4 on the lot but at 18 I couldn't afford the insurance. Bought the gli instead and immediately regret it after I drove a caliber srt4 a while later but those are very few and far between to come by used. Come 2011 I find a silver 05 unmollested srt4 with 50k on it and jumped on it. I did a few things, bmfic greddy bov, granatelli coil and wires one step colder plugs 3" turbo and a tune. Then I slammed it on bc coils and Schmidt th lines. Car was so fun and was a beast for being stock turbo but my friend let me take his s2k for a weekend to fix some paint issues and I was hooked, sold the srt to a local kid and got my ap2. The kid put bigger injectors and a better front mount got it retuned and then immediately crashed it. So far I really like the abarth, the seating position is so far from the s2k but its already doing wonders for my back.

deathshead
10-21-2013, 04:26 PM
Welcome! lots of ex-SRT-4 owners here it seems eh?

My old Srt-4 acr to me was like an old Muscle car on the street.
the Abarth feels more like a Sportbike. :)

shadyabarth
10-21-2013, 05:17 PM
Congrats! Stock lasted a week for me and I just... can't... stop.

HAHAHA..Stock lasted me about 2hrs..The time it took me to drive from my dealer in Manhattan during rush hour and back home into my driveway before I took her all apart for mods...