PDA

View Full Version : What class in scca is the abarth/500t allowed

cy-clone33
10-19-2013, 03:15 PM
I can only find it legal in the STC class.

jguerdat
10-19-2013, 04:58 PM
To the best of my knowledge, the T hasn't been classed. I don't know how it compares with the Abarth suspension-wise so it may be in limbo until Fiat and the SEB talk about rollover specs. I suspect it would run in STC with the Abarth but stock/street class, I dunno...

Tweak
10-19-2013, 08:47 PM
To the best of my knowledge, the T hasn't been classed. I don't know how it compares with the Abarth suspension-wise so it may be in limbo until Fiat and the SEB talk about rollover specs. I suspect it would run in STC with the Abarth but stock/street class, I dunno...

The T is more like a Sport than an Abarth so if the Abarth isn't allowed or is questionable you can I would think pretty easily assume the T would certainly be...I know very little (make that nothing) about the classifications so just trying to offer any little help possible.

Robert Nixon
10-19-2013, 10:18 PM
Just to clarify for 2013, the SCCA ruled the Abarth as allowed in G Stock with no mods (or just a different air filter and a change to 1 sway bar). Mods after that put it in STC, and then maybe more after that.

Robert Nixon
10-19-2013, 10:25 PM
I opened up my 2013 SCCA Solo rules and did a search on Fiat, and also found the Fiat 500 Abarth listed in:
G Stock
Street Touring Front Wheel Drive (STF)
Street Touring Compact (STC)
D Street Prepared (DSP)

The listing in C Street Prepared just reads "all Abarths", which I'm not sure would apply to the 2012-now Fiat 500 Abarth, since it might just mean all those earlier Abarths

Regarding the 500T, this section probably applies, since the 500 Turbo is NOT an Abarth:

"Excluded from Stock for reasons of stability per Section 3.1:
Chevrolet Sonic
Dodge Caliber (non-SRT)
Fiat 500 (non-Abarth)
GEO Tracker/Suzuki, etc"

Robert Nixon
10-20-2013, 10:46 AM
Like the OP says, the Turbo is OK in STC, here is the language from the SCCA October Fastrack News:

"Effective immediately upon publication, add the following new listing:
STC Fiat 500 Sport Turbo (2013)"

abarth&911
10-20-2013, 04:44 PM
The regular 500 is not allowed in stock but it is allowed in STF since in that class you can modify the suspension and lower the car. The 500 T is not allowed in stock also but instead of STF it is in STC when the suspension is modified. Since the Abarth is in STC I think the 500T is at a big disadvantage in that class. You can probably have both car with the same suspension setup ( spring, shock, swaybar, etc ) but since you cannot alter the boost directly in street touring and all the legal engine mod are basically the same for both car, the 500T will always be down on power compare to the Abarth. If you do local event and there is not too many hot shoe in the class you will be fine but I will suggest you lower the car at least to the level of a stock Abarth.
Have fun