PDA

View Full Version : Instant horsepower gains!!!!

Abarth Phreak
10-18-2013, 01:24 AM
So yesterday on my way home from work I pull up to a stop light and look to my left and a very well done 427 Cobra is next to me. Beautiful to say the least. One of my dream cars. As I peak over my shoulder I notice the driver peaking at my car front to back. We make eye contact and he said "very nice looking ride". Talk about an ego boost. I told him his car was badass too. Then the guy "nod" to each other. Light went green. (No we didn't race...just nodded and the light went green - CALM DOWN - I only race for pinks and he didn't have a chance I know!)

We separate in traffic and the day is done. About 30 minutes later as I am getting fuel he pulls in too. (Stalker right???) Ironically we laugh about it and he asks to take a closer peak at my car as he is fueling. "Dang, pretty cool. Makes me want one." I take a closer look at the Cobra and confirm it is not a kit, NICE. He takes great care of it, but does not drive it often. ??????? We say ciao again.

Perfect end of the day. My car had a few more horsepower on the drive to the garage. She is happy...and has a new Cobra friend.

Could you imagine a 427 powered Abarth 500? Thing would fly!

djhace
10-18-2013, 01:33 AM
nice!

FTY
10-18-2013, 01:53 AM
Very cool.

modular
10-18-2013, 04:50 AM
Nice story. Two true "car guys" just enjoying each other's kewl rides.

KKaWing
10-18-2013, 05:09 AM
Now try to imagine the 500 is rear drive with that engine. The moment you stomp on the throttle, the 500 will pull a wheelie... then promptly roll onto its back :P

Robert Nixon
10-18-2013, 09:19 AM
if he admired the FIAT so much I would have offered to trade on the spot!

Abarth Phreak
10-18-2013, 09:59 PM
Now try to imagine the 500 is rear drive with that engine. The moment you stomp on the throttle, the 500 will pull a wheelie... then promptly roll onto its back :P

Awesome things happen!!!! You never know..someone somewhere may rig it up somehow.

Abarth Phreak
10-18-2013, 10:02 PM
if he admired the FIAT so much I would have offered to trade on the spot!

If that was on the table I woulda snatched it up. Being that it was an original Cobra $$$$$. If it had been a 1932 Ford Roadster all fixed up I would have been equally ecstatic about it. You put three cars in front of me: Veyron, Cobra and Deuce and I am picking in this order:

Deuce, Cobra, Veyron Crazy I know, but when you are stuck on certain models nothing can change your mind easily.

Abarth Phreak
10-18-2013, 10:03 PM
Nice story. Two true "car guys" just enjoying each other's kewl rides.

That's why we do what we do, right?