PDA

View Full Version : Bad Service Departments

James Hunt
10-17-2013, 05:45 PM
Fields of Orlando has the worst service I have had from a dealer.Fields Mini and BMW have always provided great service in the past. Is this a Chrysler/Fiat problem or is it just the staff at Fields does not care?

Always no problem found on requested issues to grease stains on interior,seems to me that they need a shop foreman to do inspections and test drives before returning cars to the customer .

Hard to engage 1st 2nd and reverse on Abarth . tech said no problem found.
Seats squeak on 500 Pop C , tech said no problem found.
Steering wheel off center on 500 Pop C ,reported fixed but still off center.

The only repair fixed to satisfaction was sent to a outside company for repair of the soft top.

ScorpionSkins.com
10-17-2013, 08:33 PM
I've had similar issues with the Fiat dealership I purchased my vehicle from here on the east coast of Canada. They refuse to acknowledge any issues.

Squeaky seat: They sprayed the underside down with silicone grease and claimed the seats, being made out of plastic and leather, are bound to make some noise.
Manufacturer defective tires: (Which I had confirmed by a private mechanic AND another Fiat dealership) I was basically communicated that they are performance tires, there is nothing wrong with them, they wear down this way and there's not much they can do for me. (Now I need to pursue the issue with Pirelli because Fiat also won't directly resolve the issue for me)

This doesn't factor in the oil change where they damaged the side of my windshield washer reservoir tank and didn't properly drain the old oil.

The majority of the Fiat service departments I've dealt with so far have been terrible. I've tried contacting my Fiat rep, but I was pointed right back to the dealership (who will continue to deny any issues anyways).

When you can't trust your local dealership, you have a very big problem at hand. I feel that Fiat HQ needs to start taking a much stronger initiative in resolving these matters.

redred
10-17-2013, 09:03 PM
Yet again another common thread.... just plain sad Fiat. The dealership here in Glendale is also quite terrible. I am going to try out Fiat of Santa Monica next week for a rear brake caliper issue. I've heard really good things about their service department there.

djlarryt
10-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Fields of Orlando has the worst service I have had from a dealer.Fields Mini and BMW have always provided great service in the past. Is this a Chrysler/Fiat problem or is it just the staff at Fields does not care?

Always no problem found on requested issues to grease stains on interior,seems to me that they need a shop foreman to do inspections and test drives before returning cars to the customer .

Hard to engage 1st 2nd and reverse on Abarth . tech said no problem found.
Seats squeak on 500 Pop C , tech said no problem found.
Steering wheel off center on 500 Pop C ,reported fixed but still off center.

The only repair fixed to satisfaction was sent to a outside company for repair of the soft top.

"James Hunt"

Before you go to the forums (where we have many positive comments) please talk to the General MGR whom you know at the studio. I just think this is odd behavior....especially since we worked with you well in the past. I will talk with my service mgr in the morning about your issues...and then please give me a call at your convenience. Here at Fields, we do not want an upset owner and we want to fix any issues you may have with your FIAT....but I also won't allow my employees to be talked to the way you did today. Please communicate with me personally going forward.

SeaDawg
10-17-2013, 09:21 PM

It is unfortunate that you feel your experience was unsatisfactory.

I have experienced exactly the opposite from Fields FIAT of Orlando. They have been doing my service since November of 2011 which was the 1st six month oil change. In addition to scheduled service, they have installed H&R lowering springs, an Abarth steering wheel, TWM replacement shift assembly and replaced the BCM (Body Control Module). I'll be visiting them next month for my 2 1/2 year service. CJ is usually the tech who works on my car. He has been with Fields FIAT since before they opened. I know they now have a 2nd tech, but I am not acquainted with him.

Kathi, the Service Manager, has been with Fields FIAT since June of 2012 and worked for Fields Mini before that.

No, I do not, nor have I ever worked for any Fields dealership. I just feel there are usually at least two sides to every service experience.

500ways
10-17-2013, 09:46 PM
No issues here at FIAT of Maple Shade in NJ - 2 years and counting...

James Hunt
10-17-2013, 10:27 PM
Larry

Have visited the service dept 3 times in 8 days, each visit has been less than stellar. Sales is great and you do your job but service feels like a Chrysler experience not a Mini or Bmw experience.

Thanks
JD

musicsurf
10-17-2013, 11:02 PM
I bought my car from Fields and although I have not been there for service, I wouldn't hesitate to bring my car there if I had too. I know other people who have had excellent experiences with them from aftermarket installs to regular service. I don't want to start trouble but you get from people what you give. By your conduct I have seen on the forums I doubt you treat those people like people and should expect them to treat you in kind.

jennburr
11-14-2013, 12:55 PM
HOLY CRAP Ft wayne In, Fiat................. NEVER AGAIN!

Abarth67
11-14-2013, 01:42 PM
Harper FIAT in Knoxville is the best. They have people in the service department that actually care and know what they are doing. I actually don't mind paying them a visit. I have heard that they are getting work from all around due to the service they offer. Way to go Harper FIAT!

rnddude
11-14-2013, 01:54 PM
"James Hunt"

Before you go to the forums (where we have many positive comments) please talk to the General MGR whom you know at the studio. I just think this is odd behavior....especially since we worked with you well in the past. I will talk with my service mgr in the morning about your issues...and then please give me a call at your convenience. Here at Fields, we do not want an upset owner and we want to fix any issues you may have with your FIAT....but I also won't allow my employees to be talked to the way you did today. Please communicate with me personally going forward.

Good to see the dealership at least monitoring the forum and attempting to resolve the issue directly with the owner.

Abarth67
11-14-2013, 02:07 PM
Good to see the dealership at least monitoring the forum and attempting to resolve the issue directly with the owner.

The forum should NEVER be the first place we vent our problems. Give the party involved a chance to make it right and then see what happens. Most companies want to do what is right, if not, they will not be around long. Then again, the customer is not always right in the real world. Sometimes people are unreasonable to the limit.

musicsurf
11-14-2013, 06:29 PM
Harper FIAT in Knoxville is the best. They have people in the service department that actually care and know what they are doing. I actually don't mind paying them a visit. I have heard that they are getting work from all around due to the service they offer. Way to go Harper FIAT!

+1 If I didn't live 10.5 hours away I would probably go there too. They all seemed like nice, knowledgeable people when I picked up some parts from them.

jennburr
11-15-2013, 11:06 AM
now my studio in Columbus Ohio is AMAZING there is a buy named Steve he goes above and beyond. had a scuff mark on dash that I could not get off never even asked about it. I got in my car after he worked on it and he had removed the scuff I was beyond thrilled!