PDA

View Full Version : Radio Cracks or Crackles Randomly. Anybody Else?

Spancho
10-17-2013, 12:51 PM
500L Trekking. Listening to radio, any local station, and randomly I get a crack noise that sounds like a rock just hit the windshield. It doesn't happen via Bluetooth or USB, only on radio. I'm at 5,000 miles and this has happened since first week of ownership. It's driving me crazy. Anyone else?

I'm going to have to take it in for service, but it would be great if someone else already had this experience and I could give the service guys some direction.

FiatCares
10-17-2013, 02:10 PM
500L Trekking. Listening to radio, any local station, and randomly I get a crack noise that sounds like a rock just hit the windshield. It doesn't happen via Bluetooth or USB, only on radio. I'm at 5,000 miles and this has happened since first week of ownership. It's driving me crazy. Anyone else?

I'm going to have to take it in for service, but it would be great if someone else already had this experience and I could give the service guys some direction.

Sorry that youre experiencing this... its odd that its only happeningon the radio.. id have the studio check it out. Drive with them and point it out. Make sure its duplicated.

Trystane
10-18-2013, 01:08 PM

New cell phone or have you changed where you put your cell phone in the car? My last car would make the same noise over the radio when I put the phone close to the deck. Also depended on what station I was listening to. Just a thought :)

blackswan
10-25-2013, 09:18 AM
Took my Trekking to the studio.. and unable to replicate the problem (of course). I will say the frequency and loudness of this problem has diminished.. but it's still there. Very puzzling as it is so random. They want me to try to pin it down to a specific speaker...

However I also took it in to address the random shut-down of the Navigation. The screen goes completely blank as if I had turned it off (and this has occurred twice at the same interstate exchange). For THAT reason the service manager has decided to replace the radio unit.

ladygodiva70
12-28-2013, 12:22 AM
I too get the crackling noise you're talking about. But I don't get it often enough to bring it in. It would be a shot in the dark that it would happen while they were inspecting it.

blackswan
01-03-2014, 05:02 PM
Here to report back since the radio/nav swap out. NO crackling or popping noises have returned.