PDA

View Full Version : Bianco or Nero Roof AND panoramic sunroof?

Midnight Blue
10-15-2013, 06:02 PM
So we've given a Studio a deposit on a 500L but it has to be a Trekking model with collection 6 (sunroof, heated seats, spare tire, Beats, etc.) AND have a Bianco or Nero roof (contrasting to body color). The FIATUSA website will NOT allow you to configure a sunroof and a Nero/Bianco roof.

Studio thinks it is possible.

Has anyone seen one or bought one?

Curious
10-15-2013, 08:30 PM
Am certain Andree can tel you if it's possible or if there are any out there. Did you order one from the factory or is your dealer going to try to find you such a car? It will take many months to get one from the factory, if you can even do that.

Love to know what city you live in. Small dealers in smaller cities do not get as much preferential treatment to get cars they wish for. Bigger dealers in bigger cities and those on the west coast for certain will have a better chance of getting you what you want a lot faster, been there, done that. Good luck, hope you get it. It's a rather nifty sunroof.

Midnight Blue
10-15-2013, 08:58 PM
Am certain Andree can tel you if it's possible or if there are any out there. Did you order one from the factory or is your dealer going to try to find you such a car? It will take many months to get one from the factory, if you can even do that.

Love to know what city you live in. Small dealers in smaller cities do not get as much preferential treatment to get cars they wish for. Bigger dealers in bigger cities and those on the west coast for certain will have a better chance of getting you what you want a lot faster, been there, done that. Good luck, hope you get it. It's a rather nifty sunroof.

I don't know that cars can be ordered to spec, at least yet. Our dealer is attempting to locate one either in production or elsewhere. That is up to them. I have flexibility until late January for delivery.

I'm in the Philadelphia area so access to large dealers not a problem.

Luv2byte
10-15-2013, 09:09 PM
What body color? Nero body w color match roof & you can have the sunroof, it's what we have. Can likely have blanco w blanco roof w sunroof as well. Just not Nero or blanco w opposite color roof. I think (pretty sure..hmmm) this was discussed a month or so ago - no sunroof if blanco or Nero roof if doesn't match car body color. Might look at older threads to be sure.

We have a "fully loaded" Nero trekking w Nero roof & sunroof- heated seats, rear arm rest w cup holder, sunroof, driver lumbar control, 110v plug in, dual climate control, beats w subwoofer, dimming mirror, 1yr free Sirius, spare tire, engine heater (trekking premier & popular equipment group).

Curious
10-15-2013, 09:10 PM
I am told it can be done, just requires many months to get one delivered. I'm guessing 6 months or more. Good luck with it.

Midnight Blue
10-15-2013, 09:27 PM
What body color? Nero body w color match roof & you can have the sunroof, it's what we have. Can likely have blanco w blanco roof w sunroof as well. Just not Nero or blanco w opposite color roof. I think (pretty sure..hmmm) this was discussed a month or so ago - no sunroof if blanco or Nero roof if doesn't match car body color. Might look at older threads to be sure.

We have a "fully loaded" Nero trekking w Nero roof & sunroof- heated seats, rear arm rest w cup holder, sunroof, driver lumbar control, 110v plug in, dual climate control, beats w subwoofer, dimming mirror, 1yr free Sirius, spare tire, engine heater (trekking premier & popular equipment group).

We want either yellow with white or black roof, or white with black roof.

Midnight Blue
10-15-2013, 09:33 PM
Build to order with MINI is 8-10 week delivery. Perplexed why Fiat would offer sunroof but only on body colored roof. Also perplexed why there is no leather option for Trekking or a manual transmission option for Lounge.

Hopefully we can get what we want, else we will order another Countryman.

dichiee
10-16-2013, 09:14 AM
That's what we've wanted to before but it takes too long so we just went with a bianco with matched roof and sunroof. I think I'll just get the roof wrapped with black since the pieces are really small it should cost that much i hope.

islander
10-16-2013, 01:30 PM
Well, I'm in western Canada (BC) and do have a bianco (bottom) + nero (top) + sunroof and some other options (dual-clutch automatic Trekking). So they do exist. Wanted the giallo + bianco but in late August that was only available in the region as manual or as automatic without sunroof but not in the combination I wanted. I'm happy with the bianco + nero Trekking. It's really a beautiful car to see and a pleasure to drive. Very glad I bought this Fiat. Strangely, four months ago Fiat as a brand was not even on my radar.

Midnight Blue
10-16-2013, 01:35 PM
Well, I'm in western Canada (BC) and do have a bianco (bottom) + nero (top) + sunroof and some other options (dual-clutch automatic Trekking). So they do exist. Wanted the giallo + bianco but in late August that was only available in the region as manual or as automatic without sunroof but not in the combination I wanted. I'm happy with the bianco + nero Trekking. It's really a beautiful car to see and a pleasure to drive. Very glad I bought this Fiat. Strangely, four months ago Fiat as a brand was not even on my radar.

Thanks Islander - this gives me a ray of hope.

Andree
10-17-2013, 02:17 AM

Thanks! I already looked for this person, went through the entire US. Only thing at that time to do was wait and see.

CantEvenGo
10-21-2013, 12:50 PM
So we've given a Studio a deposit on a 500L but it has to be a Trekking model with collection 6 (sunroof, heated seats, spare tire, Beats, etc.) AND have a Bianco or Nero roof (contrasting to body color). The FIATUSA website will NOT allow you to configure a sunroof and a Nero/Bianco roof.

Studio thinks it is possible.

Has anyone seen one or bought one?

I was told that it would take weeks to order and the combo of blanco/nero + sunroof was near impossible to find. luckily, the dealer had ordered one for himself (green + blanco + sunroof) in the Lounge model and sold it to me...guess i'm just lucky.

Tweak
10-21-2013, 05:21 PM
Welcome to the forum CantEvenGo.

CantEvenGo
10-21-2013, 06:33 PM
thanks! i'm a lurker by nature but I did want to reassure the OP that the impossible can happen...

Curious
10-21-2013, 08:13 PM
Hey congrats cantevengo. Sometimes ya just get lucky. I wanted the green but there were none to be found, except many of them on the west coast. I got grey and that color works just fine. Hope you enjoy your new ride.

Andree
10-21-2013, 11:11 PM

These are the ones I kept finding, everything except the contrast roof:
http://www.fiatusaofmonroeville.com/new/FIAT/2014-FIAT-500L-a95644070a0a00494943c1057fa81f97.htm

From window sticker:

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
Customer Preferred Package 21G (manual transmission)

Popular Equipment Group
$ 700
Dual Zone Automatic Temperature
Control
Power Driver 4-Way Lumbar Adjust
Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
115-Volt Auxiliary Power Outlet
Rear Seat with Armrest and Cup Holder

Trekking Premier Pkg Plus Beats(TM)
Audio/SiriusXM
$ 700
1-Year SiriusXM Radio Service
Beats(TM) Audio 6 Premium Speakers
Plus Subwoofer
SiriusXM Satellite Radio w/ 1-Yr Radio
Subscription

Marrone (Brown) Seats

Power Sunroof
$ 1,100

Heated Front Seats
$ 350

Compact Spare Tire
$ 450

Premier Package Value: $1,745
Includes Uconnect 6.5" Touch Screen
Radio with GPS Navigation System,
RearView Back-up Camera, and
ParkSense Rear Park Assist.
Compliments of FIAT.

DESTINATION CHARGE $ 800
TOTAL PRICE:*
$25,495

The OP wanted manual, so it became much harder to find cars. I had a few that I'd put in my profile messages, just like the one above, there were maybe 10 that I could find in the US. BTW, the car is WHITE, not yellow as shown in the picture at the link. Always check window sticker.

Midnight Blue
10-23-2013, 08:54 AM
Thanks again Andree. A local studio has our deposit and is attempting to get the car we requested. Broadened our search to include white with black roof or yellow with white roof. Yes, the contrasting roof + sunroof is rare but some of have been delivered. We still have some time so hopefully all will work out fine.

italianice
12-04-2013, 03:58 AM
Good luck on your search! They are out there however talking to managers and salepeople in the area (St. Louis) apparently they are fairly rare. I have a manual Easy with every available option. Black with Bianco roof & sunroof, Beats, heated seats, XM, AC outlet. Every option without what is only available on the Lounge (Leather Seats, standard Auto, bigger wheels). There must be others out there but it is well worth it with all the looks!!

Tweak
12-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Good luck on your search! They are out there however talking to managers and salepeople in the area (St. Louis) apparently they are fairly rare. I have a manual Easy with every available option. Black with Bianco roof & sunroof, Beats, heated seats, XM, AC outlet. Every option without what is only available on the Lounge (Leather Seats, standard Auto, bigger wheels). There must be others out there but it is well worth it with all the looks!!

Welcome to the forum.