PDA

View Full Version : Piggyback on a 500L

Abarth67
10-14-2013, 11:01 AM
Who here has done it yet? I am helping a friend with his and we plan to install a Magneti Marelli box on his 500L. I think it should work fine but would love to hear from others who have done it already. Any install tips?

drphil
10-14-2013, 01:15 PM
would love to hear too

MADNESSLuckyJay
10-14-2013, 01:34 PM
We've installed our 500 MADNESS ECU on our 500L, it's been running strong and hasn't given us any codes! If you need some help be sure to give us a call, 562-981-6800

Abarth67
10-14-2013, 01:43 PM
We've installed our 500 MADNESS ECU on our 500L, it's been running strong and hasn't given us any codes! If you need some help be sure to give us a call, 562-981-6800

Thanks. I am going to be installing a Magneti Marelli box that I purchased from you guys onto the L.

Mario500L
10-14-2013, 02:32 PM
Who here has done it yet? I am helping a friend with his and we plan to install a Magneti Marelli box on his 500L. I think it should work fine but would love to hear from others who have done it already. Any install tips?

I will not go to that route or any "pedal" that re-map the acceleration curve. Search the forum/web. 1) Someone did the MM, and the car just accelerate as out of the blue in some situation (so , I would not risk to be in any kind of accident because the car just accelerate by itself )
2) Another model of pedal available, I don't remember the brand, would be a risk in my personal opinion.

I saw already here, not going to say names, company A that sells MM saying that is the best available, and after a complain, "oh well, we replaced for brand XX and is best because is not that strong on the acceleration re-map". So , depends on the situation brand A is better, after a complain brand B is better, so, if B has an issues, C would be better.

MM without remote control is mapped for strong re-map (of course is to force you spent money on the remote). And re-map the acceleration curve is a "virtual" sensation that the car has more power, is just a re-map, so let say , 1mm of pressure on the pedal maps to X acceleration, as opposed factory to Y acceleration.

And I would not risk any outside remap, even that can be detached anytime in 5 minutes on a brand new car, that parts , etc, is still difficult and ^&* something. Just my 100c on this.

Also someone did that on auto transmission, and just removed because the internal computer was not able to deal with the re-map, due maybe the 500L is not a regular auto transmission.