PDA

View Full Version : OBD II code P1D5B

Stuart
10-12-2013, 02:17 PM
Hello,
I have a 500L just crossing through 879 miles and 2 days ago while driving home, I got a check engine message and the indicator came on. Called the dealer to see if they could get me in but the earliest they could get me in will be this Monday. They did say I could run through Auto Zone and get the code to have an idea of what is going on and also to let them know what it was in case it cleared by Monday.
Stopped in and the guy came out with his reader and pulled out code P1D5B.
He said that this was a manufacturer specific code and he could only decode SAE codes. Not sure what he was talking about but does anyone know what this code means? Car drove home and was running fine and the indicator is still on as of today.
Appreciate any info. Thanks

Wolfepaw
10-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Hello,
I have a 500L just crossing through 879 miles and 2 days ago while driving home, I got a check engine message and the indicator came on. Called the dealer to see if they could get me in but the earliest they could get me in will be this Monday. They did say I could run through Auto Zone and get the code to have an idea of what is going on and also to let them know what it was in case it cleared by Monday.
Stopped in and the guy came out with his reader and pulled out code P1D5B.
He said that this was a manufacturer specific code and he could only decode SAE codes. Not sure what he was talking about but does anyone know what this code means? Car drove home and was running fine and the indicator is still on as of today.
Appreciate any info. Thanks

This one has been discussed several times on here. It's an O2 sensor delay malfunction. It happened to mine several times in the first couple thousand miles then has not happened again. There is a TSB about it that can be found in that forum. They can "reflash" for it. In my case it just went away after a short time every time it happened.

Stuart
10-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the info. I searched around on the forum and couldn't find anything regarding that specific code but did see the TSB 180033-13 in reference to code P113D - O2 sensor 1/1 slow response. Sounds like it shouldn't be a major issue and will let you know what happens Monday. Did you have the same code P1D5B?

Fiat500USA
10-12-2013, 11:58 PM
Hi Stuart,

Here is some basic info:
This is a trans code. There was an electrical fault detected on one of the transmission power supply circuits. There are three different sensor power supplies, named VS1, VS2 and VS3 which are provided by an integrated circuit internal to the Transmission Control Module (TCM). The issue was with the power supply to VS3 which supplies the hydraulic pressure sensor, the odd and even clutch speed sensors and the park position sensor.

When Monitored:
Ignition key is in ACC position or the TCM control unit is in power-on state.
The engine is not in cranking mode.

Power supply must be between 7 volts and 24 volts and Main Micro Processor
(MMP) supply diagnostics have not failed.
Set Condition:
The failure is detected if the result from the internal integrated circuit
test indicates either a short to battery, a short to ground or an open circuit
involving the VS3 supply.

Possible Causes

(F895) 5 VOLT SUPPLY C CIRCUIT OPEN OR HIGH RESISTANCE

(F895) 5 VOLT SUPPLY C CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND

(F895) 5 VOLT SUPPLY C CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE

TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE (TCM)

No doubt you'll need to have the dealer look into this. There is detailed troubleshooting that they have access to and will be able to figure this issue out.