PDA

View Full Version : Can you say ROADTRIP!

Wolfepaw
10-12-2013, 02:59 AM
My wife and I decided to load up the 500L and drive from my home in Washington to Reno, NV and hang out for a few days. Made a stop in Sacramento and Napa along the way. Put on 2002 miles total. I averaged 34 Mpg over the entire trip with a high of 36.1 Mpg on the last 500 mile leg. The 500L is born to tour. It really finds it's legs on the highway. Going from Washington to Reno you go over a number of passes. I never once felt under powered and it rarely actually down shifted even on a steep grade. That turbo makes all the difference. My only minor complaint is the arm rest. For some stupid reason they thought it was a good idea for two people to share the same arm rest, which makes it not ideally positioned for either person. When I drive long distance I like to use my arm rests to take pressure off my shoulders. You can't do that with the arm rest in the 500L. Over all, very pleased with how the 500L did on the trip!

Mario500L
10-12-2013, 08:12 AM
My wife and I decided to load up the 500L and drive from my home in Washington to Reno, NV and hang out for a few days. Made a stop in Sacramento and Napa along the way. Put on 2002 miles total. I averaged 34 Mpg over the entire trip with a high of 36.1 Mpg on the last 500 mile leg. The 500L is born to tour. It really finds it's legs on the highway. Going from Washington to Reno you go over a number of passes. I never once felt under powered and it rarely actually down shifted even on a steep grade. That turbo makes all the difference. My only minor complaint is the arm rest. For some stupid reason they thought it was a good idea for two people to share the same arm rest, which makes it not ideally positioned for either person. When I drive long distance I like to use my arm rests to take pressure off my shoulders. You can't do that with the arm rest in the 500L. Over all, very pleased with how the 500L did on the trip!

Really nice :) I did some small trips, and was pretty fun for sure. About the arm rest, well, mine is always on "no arm rest" position, since I have a manual one, and I need to do quick gear changes sometimes, and the "arm rest" is always on the bad position, if we are talking about the middle one.

Curious
10-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Less than a week after I got my 500L I went on a road trip with my older daughter and one of my brothers to the mountains of North Carolina. The car handled so very well and had zero lack of power on the mountains. Did that before with my previous 500C and it struggled to get up the mountains. It's like a night and day difference in power between those 2 cars. 500L wins hands down.