PDA

View Full Version : What would you change or want to have that you don't now

Luv2byte
10-10-2013, 06:29 PM
The trekking profil looks awesome BUT the trim is hard to clean, far too many tight nooks & crannies, needs to be more streamlined, maybe less pieces to make the trim vs many small ones like now. Even a soft brislt toothbrush is hard to get in the tight spots & not mar paint.

Nav have real time traffic updates during peak traffic flow times.

Ability to Bluetooth an address from phone to nav.

1-2" deeper front seats.

Locks on door & not on panel - I like to out keys away, grab my stuff & get out of car, I forget to hit button before I get out, always end up wrestling for keys or leaning all the way back in the car for the button. Makes no sense to have it in the middle.

I have yet to find, but haven't looked hard either, to find how I can make my front windows one touch up/down. I have to hold the button. Even my 12yr old BMW has one touch.

Better design on ability to lift windshield wipers when cleaning the car.

Trystane
10-10-2013, 07:19 PM
More uConnect features and the uConnect Mobile app finally released - it would be great if the uConnect mobile app could pull Google Maps info from my phone

uConnect stability - seems my Trip B always goes missing in action and I have to go into the console to turn it off/on to get it to reappear

Arm rest is way too awkward with the hand brake where it is. The space inside the arm rest for storage is also laughable.

The "hole" above the cup holder is too shallow to be useful. It teases you that you can put a phone there but making a turn tells you otherwise

I wouldn't mind an NFL stadium installed on the front dash. There's an ungodly amount of room up there but it seems to serve no purpose. Buffalo grazing? Somewhere to catch a nap?

The top drawer with the AC vent frustrates and vexes me. It would of been a slick idea if the AC had been piped to it but since it wasn't on the American models then why not give us a better use of this space?

Simpler cluster navigation - when you have trip A and B turned on it's a lot of pressing to cycle through and you're pretty screwed if you miss the screen you wanted.

Better windshield wiper design - can't stress that one enough.

Firmer side-view mirrors. They always seem to get smacked around in the car wash and then I don't notice until I'm in traffic.

Having said all that, I still love the car. Just wish a few things would of been better thought of :)

As far as the power windows go, Luv2byte - mine do one touch roll up/down but you have to hold the switch for 1-2 seconds. It's not just a quick "press".

jabird101
10-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Drop the boost on the steering. I like to feel what my wheels are doing.
Uconnect that stays connected to my Galaxy S3 and doesn't drop at random times.
I agree with Trystane on the phone connection. Several years ago all car manufacturers agreed to use an open systemt hat allowed your phone (ios or Addroid) to be duplicated on your radio screen using an app. There area a few aftermarket radios that do this using the mirrorlink app for ios and Android, but Chevy is the only OEM putting it a vehicle. Smart Phone, Dumb Radio is the theory.

Curious
10-10-2013, 08:33 PM
All from the above 2 posts from luv2byte and trystane are great ideas. The space for coins under the front arm rest is very difficult to get to and holds very little, should have a rubber bottom there so the coins don't rattle. All cars should have a full size spare standard, not a mini optional. And it would be great to get to the spare from the trunk area, not from under the car. Who wants to get dirty going under the car to get the spare down? And don't forget that a flat tire will not fit under the car where the mini is stowed. Flat tires must be stowed in the trunk. Hope you do not have a car load of people and luggage. If you do then you will have to leave your flat tire on the side of the road, happened to a friend of mine about a month ago.

I saw a pre production prototype that had the spare inside the trunk. Why not do that?

The seats are rather hard, does not feel good when my back bothers me.

My seats are tannish/light grey. These are going to be hard to keep clean.

The date in the dash keeps me laughing day after day. I just have not had time to take it to my dealer to be fixed. It always says it's the previous day or the next day. It only gets it right about 25 percent of the time. I look at is as built in entertainment at no extra charge.

I must agree about the upper glove box. Why not let us keep our drinks cool? Makes no sense to me.

For those with sunroofs it would be great if Fiat could make a slight design change so that a roof rack could be installed. Just make it a tad narrower and you would then have room for the feet to sit properly on the roof. Nike, just do it!

Trystane
10-10-2013, 09:32 PM
Curious:

What 500L do you have, out of curiosity? I have the Trekking and love the seats in it, I'm wondering if the lower editions have lower-quality seats? As far as the date in the dash - YES! This drove me NUTS until I activated the GPS. Once that was turned on the time always stayed sync'd. Really dumb to not get a clock working without GPS sync.

Luv2byte
10-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Interior was a huge part of my decision, hated interior in pop & easy. Would have liked lounge if it didn't have vented leather, I'm just not a fan of the look.

Curious
10-11-2013, 08:26 PM
Curious:

What 500L do you have, out of curiosity? I have the Trekking and love the seats in it, I'm wondering if the lower editions have lower-quality seats? As far as the date in the dash - YES! This drove me NUTS until I activated the GPS. Once that was turned on the time always stayed sync'd. Really dumb to not get a clock working without GPS sync.

I have an Easy. Really wish I had leather seats, may do that some day, once the white fades to yucky, dirty. I use my GPS all the time, every time I take a trip or need directions to anywhere local. Works great. I really don't think it makes the date correct, my humble opinion. Perhaps it does. I'm certain it will be a simple fix once I take it to my dealer to be fixed. I am in no hurry to do it as it's a minor nuisance. This whole car is one big computer filled with glitches from reading everyone's posts in this forum.

I traded a 500C in for my 500L. The clock on my drop top would lose time constantly. I don't know if it had a weak battery or if the darn thing could not "keep up" with the minutes of the days. At least once a month I had to add 3 to 4 minutes of time. I also had a gap in the dash under the stereo system, could slip two credit cards in the gap, just a really poor fit. Dealer could not fix it for the life of them.

I still love my 500L. Just wish they would hurry up with a hitch so I can put my bike out back.

Trystane
10-11-2013, 10:16 PM
I have an Easy. Really wish I had leather seats, may do that some day, once the white fades to yucky, dirty. I use my GPS all the time, every time I take a trip or need directions to anywhere local. Works great. I really don't think it makes the date correct, my humble opinion. Perhaps it does. I'm certain it will be a simple fix once I take it to my dealer to be fixed. I am in no hurry to do it as it's a minor nuisance. This whole car is one big computer filled with glitches from reading everyone's posts in this forum.

The time definitely syncs to the GPS which makes perfect sense because GPS provides both location and time data to any polling source. Under Settings go to either "GPS" or "Display" and there's a toggle in there that asks "Sync time to GPS". I'd just like to know why it grabs a random time with the option turned off :)