PDA

View Full Version : Gauging interest: New design for CF Hood by VIS Racing

MattLima
10-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Hi, my name is Matt, I'm new to the forums. I've gotten in touch with the marketing director from VIS Racing regarding future production of a carbon fiber hood.

Purpose/benefits of a carbon fiber hood: It is lighter than the stock hood. The design will have ventalation (scoop or vent), which is especially benefical to Abarth/500T owners due to heat soak. It looks sexy and gives your car the "modified" look.

What we need: VIS Racing says if we get 20+ people to buy into this idea, they will start to look into making a design for our hoods.

With that said, I'll be the first to put my name on the list.

1. MattLima
2. fixitagaintony16 - Fiat500owners.com

lillo24
10-11-2013, 02:21 AM
Hi, my name is Matt, I'm new to the forums. I've gotten in touch with the marketing director from VIS Racing regarding future production of a carbon fiber hood.

Purpose/benefits of a carbon fiber hood: It is lighter than the stock hood. The design will have ventalation (scoop or vent), which is especially benefical to Abarth/500T owners due to heat soak. It looks sexy and gives your car the "modified" look.

What we need: VIS Racing says if we get 20+ people to buy into this idea, they will start to look into making a design for our hoods.

With that said, I'll be the first to put my name on the list.

1. MattLima
2. fixitagaintony16 - Fiat500owners.com

Matt, I am possibly interested. Depends on the looks and obviously the price. thanks

MattLima
10-11-2013, 02:16 PM
Matt, I am possibly interested. Depends on the looks and obviously the price. thanks

Well, the marketing director said they wont even consider designing a hood if we don't get 20 people interested first. The hood will be vented as discussed and price range was said to be around $600. I should've put that in the first post, but there isn't an "edit" button. Thanks for your interest!