PDA

View Full Version : Free car rental, anyone use it yet?

rnddude
10-10-2013, 01:21 PM
The thread title says it all. I have heard nothing from fiat or my dealer about how the 12 days of free car rental will work. Has anyone done this yet? If so. please post details....

sirjoe
10-13-2013, 12:42 AM
I haven't used it, but here's some details about program.
http://www.fiatusa.com/en/pdf/FIAT500ePassProgram_OfficialRules.pdf

SanDiegoDana
10-13-2013, 08:00 PM
I got my email registration for the rental. Here's the lowdown on how it actually "works" when you go to make your rental reservation (Enterprise version below, but National and Alamo process is very similar). Because it's just a billing thing, you can use it anywhere that will book in US$ (from the looks of it). I plan on using it on my trips to Hawaii (time share).

To make a reservation through Enterprise Rent-A-Car:
• Visit www.enterprise.com
• On the enterprise.com home page enter your pickup location, date, and time
• Enter your FIAT 500e Pass account number (noted above) in the “Coupon, Customer, or Corporate Number”
field and click the “search” button
• On the next screen, enter your Enterprise Rent-A-Car Pin # noted above
• Continue in the reservation path, confirming your pickup/drop-off location and vehicle selection
• Enter your renter information in the “Renter’s Detail” page and click the “Continue” button
• When verifying your information, please enter the Billing Number (noted above) in the “Paying with a Billing Number” box and complete your reservation by clicking the “Book Now” button

nathan_h
10-27-2013, 01:40 AM
I got my email registration for the rental. Here's the lowdown on how it actually "works" when you go to make your rental reservation (Enterprise version below, but National and Alamo process is very similar). Because it's just a billing thing, you can use it anywhere that will book in US$ (from the looks of it). I plan on using it on my trips to Hawaii (time share).

How long did it take to receive the email with your rental code? I signed up online for the app which seems to be the same place one gets set up for the rental program. But I haven't received the email with the rental code yet.

dds02400
10-31-2013, 07:15 PM
same as nathan_h. i signed up when i activate the app and still have not received any email with codes for free car rental. It has been like 3 weeks now.

nathan_h
11-01-2013, 01:32 AM
I've called them a couple times, the same number you use for roadside assistance, and they are looking into why I have received no email. They confirm that I should have. I have confirmed it's not in my spam folder nor anywhere else.

kinmanc
11-01-2013, 12:45 PM
It took 2 weeks for me to receive the pass account number.

nathan_h
11-02-2013, 02:21 AM
Good to know. That's essentially what customer service said today to me. "Wait a couple weeks and then we'll investigate further if it's still missing."