PDA

View Full Version : ROAD/RACE- RRM Ultimate ECM (Stage 3) is HERE

Pages : [1] 2

RoadRace
10-10-2013, 11:16 AM
We are finally ready to introduce what is the REVOLUTIONARY Plug and Play ECM from Road Race. it has been in testing for many months, 1000s of miles and even in racing competition. It has passed all of our tests with flying colors. This ECM is plug and play and is similar to our current unit (which is the best now) but it has some much more. It boosts more, it has output features that no one has. ULTIMATE also boosts higher and holds boost while in "Sport Mode." Tester can start speaking to this now. They have been quiet but it is time to release this beast.

Boost 25 psi
hookup with own circuit board for running Methanol injection
Plug and play
smaller package (box)
highest horsepower and torque unit on the market (maybe in the world)
Boost is held about 20+ psi, i.e. controlling throttles and boost.
compatible with any other mods but optimized for RRM intake/ exhaust
Out performs anything on the market, even our current ECM (stage 1)
Maximizes efficiency of turbo. Any less boost and you lose power, any more boost and you lose power.
Cost less than Magneti Marelli
Out smart warranty issues and it can never be overwritten.

Look for more info here including reviews from the first batch of customers out there who have them. I must say, it was funny. The first customer to get one texted me, "HOLY S@#T". I get home to see and email from the 2nd customer. The email is titled "HOLY CRAP." Lastly 3rd customer calls me and says "OH my GOD." These were the responses to our Engine Management System. The ULTIMATE drove them to to quote religiously about it and these are guys that already had great ECMs (road race's). Look for more in this thread. All I can say is it took a while but the hard work paid off.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7336/10189609136_edb4b93246_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/10189609136/)
RRMultimate (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/10189609136/) by ROCKHARD37 (http://www.flickr.com/people/roadrace/), on Flickr

BigT
10-10-2013, 11:19 AM
I know you said cost less the Magneti Marelli but what we talking about price wise here?

Abarth67
10-10-2013, 11:33 AM
Sign me up, I want to be one of the first to get this.

Ryephile
10-10-2013, 11:35 AM
• highest horsepower and torque unit on the market (maybe in the world)...

Talk is cheap, dyno charts at least show you tried to make good on a promise.

Pricing?
Availability?

Abarth619
10-10-2013, 12:16 PM
I've been waiting for this for a while now. Sign me up as well, I want one as soon as their available. Take my $$$$!

redred
10-10-2013, 12:19 PM
Superb offering! Thanks Road Race! Looking forward to more positive reviews!

Abarth Five O
10-10-2013, 12:55 PM
Sounds amazing. Do I also need to get a real boost gauge to fully appreciate this upgrade? Look forward to more info.

Sales@roadrace
10-10-2013, 03:39 PM
Though this isn't a dyno sheet, for a bit more evidence, AUTOEDIT took our Club Sportivo out for a spin with the RRM Ultimate ECM. Lets just say he called it the fastest and angriest Fiat Abarth in America!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQBntI0FBrU

whatebahw
10-10-2013, 03:55 PM
Though this isn't a dyno sheet, for a bit more evidence, AUTOEDIT took our Club Sportivo out for a spin[/video]

Am I the only one here who has never heard of AUTOEDIT?

ScorpionSkins.com
10-10-2013, 04:27 PM
Talk is cheap, dyno charts at least show you tried to make good on a promise.

Pricing?
Availability?

The video review claims 220hp, 260 lb-ft (all mods considered)

Abarth Five O
10-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Am I the only one here who has never heard of AUTOEDIT?

http://www.youtube.com/user/autoedit/about

whatebahw
10-10-2013, 05:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/autoedit/about

Okay... AUTOEDIT is a photographer with a you tube channel who used to take pictures of cars. That's some pedigree! That beats a dyno hands down!

How is this guy able to speak to what the "fastest" Abarth is. Has he driven every other Abarth? Has he driven any other Abarth? Maybe someone told him it was the fastest!

pk9394
10-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Hello Road Race, 2 questions
1- Do you offer any upgrade from stage 1 unit? many of us just bought the stage 1 unit few months back. I got mine 3 months ago.
2- Does this new version need 80 miles learning like stage 1 unit?

tks

Abarth Five O
10-10-2013, 06:14 PM
Okay... AUTOEDIT is a photographer with a you tube channel who used to take pictures of cars. That's some pedigree! That beats a dyno hands down!

sillylol

mneuman916
10-10-2013, 06:26 PM
Sigh.... You know, some people are just never happy... regardless of the results. :Rolleyes:

Abarth Five O
10-10-2013, 06:38 PM
Sigh.... You know, some people are just never happy... regardless of the results. :Rolleyes:

I hear you. These trolls (and we know who they are) continue to highjack R/R threads and bash them w/ nothing good to say or contribute. They don't even buy their product or show us what they got to establish any creditability. If they don't like a particular vendor, simple solution: go troll somewhere else and don't waste the time of others who are truly interested in their product.

musicsurf
10-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Alright, I'll go first. Holy Crap is what I wrote to Rob and is exactly how I feel with this box. When I first opened the box I was like, this is it? To me, that makes me happy. I am all about discrete and unassuming, which is exactly what the RRM's Ultimate is. It's slightly bigger than a stack of cards. I mounted mine right on the front of the fusebox and it blends in perfectly and when I am ready, makes the wires for hooking up the meth kit right there. Happily, this is where unassuming ends. After installing the box I went for my 80 mile jaunt. I immediately noticed that with sport mode off my car felt like the TMC box had with sport mode on. I am, though, not one to drive with sport mode off... ever. At 80 miles I pulled off the interstate and turned around to get back on. The light changed and I punched it.
1st gear- power came on SMOOTH! It's quite amazing actually how smooth the powerband is.
2nd- wheel spin and again, the power is just so smooth. Boost holding at 24psi according to my ATM boost gauge.
3rd- the car just pulls and pulls and pulls. Every gear, boost comes on fast, super smooth, and then holds all the way to redline.
In 3rd at redline I was at like 85 with still tons of on ramp left so I let off. I just got a ticket coming back from NC in my wife's camry so I am trying my best to avoid another (might be difficult now with the addition of the Ultimate!).
My car feels like a different car. The power down low is amazing and the fact that it just never falls off makes driving my car so much more fun. I am really blown away and the best part is that it is easily reversible to stock if need be. With just 15k miles on my car, warranty is a big deal to me. Rob and his guys did a great job with this box. The drivability of the car and how smooth the powerband is shows that they really took their time to do it right. I haven't had the chance to get to a dyno but I will eventually and I am sure the results will be impressive. I am really looking forward to the new found power on the mountain roads of NC for this weekends meet!

mneuman916
10-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Alright, I'll go first. Holy Crap is what I wrote to Rob and is exactly how I feel with this box. When I first opened the box I was like, this is it? To me, that makes me happy. I am all about discrete and unassuming, which is exactly what the RRM's Ultimate is. It's slightly bigger than a stack of cards. I mounted mine right on the front of the fusebox and it blends in perfectly and when I am ready, makes the wires for hooking up the meth kit right there. Happily, this is where unassuming ends. After installing the box I went for my 80 mile jaunt. I immediately noticed that with sport mode off my car felt like the TMC box had with sport mode on. I am, though, not one to drive with sport mode off... ever. At 80 miles I pulled off the interstate and turned around to get back on. The light changed and I punched it.
1st gear- power came on SMOOTH! It's quite amazing actually how smooth the powerband is.
2nd- wheel spin and again, the power is just so smooth. Boost holding at 24psi according to my ATM boost gauge.
3rd- the car just pulls and pulls and pulls. Every gear, boost comes on fast, super smooth, and then holds all the way to redline.
In 3rd at redline I was at like 85 with still tons of on ramp left so I let off. I just got a ticket coming back from NC in my wife's camry so I am trying my best to avoid another (might be difficult now with the addition of the Ultimate!).
My car feels like a different car. The power down low is amazing and the fact that it just never falls off makes driving my car so much more fun. I am really blown away and the best part is that it is easily reversible to stock if need be. With just 15k miles on my car, warranty is a big deal to me. Rob and his guys did a great job with this box. The drivability of the car and how smooth the powerband is shows that they really took their time to do it right. I haven't had the chance to get to a dyno but I will eventually and I am sure the results will be impressive. I am really looking forward to the new found power on the mountain roads of NC for this weekends meet!

Awesome to finally read your impressions! When I saw the picture of the box I also initially thought it was a bit dinky looking because the previous box looks so awesome in comparison! But it's the innards that count right? I'm looking forward to long term usage stats as well as impact on fuel economy when driven sensibly. I'll be installing your old TMC this weekend, so when I finally experience the effects of that on my car this will take on a whole new meaning!

Just be forewarned about posting dyno results. I as well as many others will be interested in what you find, though there will be the same handful who will come around to pick it apart and bitch about it despite the results. Looking forward to your feedback after more miles!

musicsurf
10-10-2013, 08:34 PM
I got 32.9mpg between some city driving in Jacksonville, 80mph on the freeway with quite a few romps on the gas, and then stop and go gridiron rush hour traffic in Atlanta. I am more than happy with that!

mneuman916
10-10-2013, 08:45 PM
I got 32.9mpg between some city driving in Jacksonville, 80mph on the freeway with quite a few romps on the gas, and then stop and go gridiron rush hour traffic in Atlanta. I am more than happy with that!

Nice! Certainly nothing to complain about! I'm definitely jealous of all those flat roads you guys have down there! :onthego:

Any changes in exhaust note compared to what you've been used to? Throttle response? Inquiring minds want to know! I can only imagine the possibilities that will open up once the meth injection is added!

musicsurf
10-10-2013, 09:02 PM
Throttle response is improved with the improved powerband. It just gets up to peak boost so fast! Exhaust note on my car is obnoxious to begin with because of the RRM dp and magnaflow catback, it does sound a bit nastier though with the box at WOT. Yeah, meth injection and a FMIC to cool the heat is going to be freaking insane! It's awesome that the meth injection will be controlled by the box. It is set to come on at 17psi which should be perfect. You can drive normally and keep out of that range or put your foot down and be there super quick.

Me rod
10-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Very nice. I have some questions:

1. When are these available and what is the price?
2. What is the impact of using the box on an unmodified car, in terms of power?
3. Do they use the same harness as the MM boxes?

mneuman916
10-10-2013, 09:55 PM
Very nice. I have some questions:

1. When are these available and what is the price?
2. What is the impact of using the box on an unmodified car, in terms of power?
3. Do they use the same harness as the MM boxes?

1) Soon and soon; Road Race just unveiled publicly this ECU today. Hopefully us peons will know shortly, though it should be less than $799.99 per the Magneti Marelli comment.
2) More - how much more is subjective. Best advice is to call Road Race directly and speak to Rob about your specific application. Best to get it from the source!
3) No. The harnesses between manufacturers are not interchangeable.

Abarth Five O
10-10-2013, 11:00 PM
Yeah, meth injection and a FMIC to cool the heat is going to be freaking insane! It's awesome that the meth injection will be controlled by the box.
Hmm...doubt it's the Death Stalker, R/R must be coming out w/ one to pair w/ their box?

FTY
10-11-2013, 12:20 AM
http://www.eurocompulsion.net/RRMULTIMA.jpg

HOLY SH!T was my response...extremely smooth delivery. 24PSI maintained and a more balanced TQ curve. I had my doubts when I saw the tiny box, but was pleasantly surprised. After spending a lot of time in my own car and friends/customers cars.....this is by far the smoothest power delivery to date. I didn't even have the patience to wait the 80 miles before putting the go-pedal flat to the floor. AFRs via TQpro (measured) stayed in the low 13s to low 14s under heavy load cycles.
The ability to expand off this unit is also a big perk. More later....

So happy, my old RRM box has already found a new home.

shadyabarth
10-11-2013, 08:07 AM
http://www.eurocompulsion.net/RRMULTIMA.jpg

HOLY SH!T was my response...extremely smooth delivery. 24PSI maintained and a more balanced TQ curve. I had my doubts when I saw the tiny box, but was pleasantly surprised. After spending a lot of time in my own car and friends/customers cars.....this is by far the smoothest power delivery to date. I didn't even have the patience to wait the 80 miles before putting the go-pedal flat to the floor. AFRs via TQpro (measured) stayed in the low 13s to low 14s under heavy load cycles.
The ability to expand off this unit is also a big perk. More later....

So happy, my old RRM box has already found a new home.

Chris..Be very careful where you park your car..I may come and jack this from you!!!

BigDaddySRT
10-11-2013, 08:35 AM
Boost 25 psi
hookup with own circuit board for running Methanol injection
Plug and play
smaller package (box)
highest horsepower and torque unit on the market (maybe in the world)
Boost is held about 20+ psi, i.e. controlling throttles and boost.
Out performs anything on the market, even our current ECM (stage 1)
Maximizes efficiency of turbo. Any less boost and you lose power, any more boost and you lose power.
Cost less than Magneti Marelli
Out smart warranty issues and it can never be overwritten.

What mods do we need to maintain and hold 25 psi of Boost?

Methanol Injection... do we need Methanol to be able to "safely" maintain 25 psi of Boost?

Plug and Play.... another Piggy Back System with absolutely no tuning capability?

Smaller Package... ok.

Highest Horsepower and Torque Unit... Produce the Dyno Plots on Pump Gas (93 Octane) and no Methanol Injection.

Boost is held at 20+ psi... What modifications besides the Ultimate ECM is required?

Optimized for RRM Intake/ Exhaust... so that's all we need to maintain and hold 25 psi of Boost on the Stock Turbine?

Outperforms anything on the Market... Proof is in the Pudding. aka Dyno Plots, AFR Plots, and Boost/ Timing Charts.

Maximizes Efficiency of Turbo... Depends on whether you are wanting Horsepower or Fuel Efficiency.

Cost Less... Well, that depends on what other "modifications" we need to buy.

Out smart warranty issues and it can never be overwritten... I'd really love to know how you guys believe that.
If you pull into your FIAT Studio with this thing plugged in, they are going to Void the Entire Powertrain Warranty.
You guys are crazy to believe that DODGE/FIAT doesn't know what you guys are doing to modify your cars.

whatebahw
10-11-2013, 09:05 AM
Out smart warranty issues and it can never be overwritten... I'd really love to know how you guys believe that.
If you pull into your FIAT Studio with this thing plugged in, they are going to Void the Entire Powertrain Warranty.
You guys are crazy to believe that DODGE/FIAT doesn't know what you guys are doing to modify your cars.

That is the new sales point that is recently being highlighted in order to contrast with the pending ECU flash possbily coming to market soon. They may be losing sales to people waiting to see how the flash turns out. The ECU flash would be detectable (unless reversed before returning to the dealer). I guess they are suggesting it is easier to remove their mod for a trip to the dealer than to flash your car back to stock. They need to press this point because it may be the only true advantage over a "real tune"

trevc
10-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Is this based on the TMC three connector module or the two?

musicsurf
10-11-2013, 09:58 AM
That is the new sales point that is recently being highlighted in order to contrast with the pending ECU flash possbily coming to market soon. They may be losing sales to people waiting to see how the flash turns out. The ECU flash would be detectable (unless reversed before returning to the dealer). I guess they are suggesting it is easier to remove their mod for a trip to the dealer than to flash your car back to stock. They need to press this point because it may be the only true advantage over a "real tune"

I disagree that being warranty work is the only advantage over a real tune. The first thing that comes to mind is the fact that you will be beholden to the tuner to accommodate the modifications you do in the future. Personally I can't afford to send my ecu in every time I do something major. I would be without my car pretty often. The ecu in our cars will adapt to mods if the numbers stay within the parameters set. Now, if you change the cam, turbo, etc., the car would NEED a real tune.

whatebahw
10-11-2013, 10:40 AM
I disagree that being warranty work is the only advantage over a real tune. The first thing that comes to mind is the fact that you will be beholden to the tuner to accommodate the modifications you do in the future. Personally I can't afford to send my ecu in every time I do something major. I would be without my car pretty often. The ecu in our cars will adapt to mods if the numbers stay within the parameters set. Now, if you change the cam, turbo, etc., the car would NEED a real tune.

I'm certain a ECU tune will allow the ECU to adjust to variables in a similar manner to the way the stock tune + piggyback does. So it will adapt to mods that stay within it's parameters as well. The ECU needs to adjust to environmental factors as things like altitude and temperature can affect things like AFR. Any tune that is not able to adjust to such variables isn't going to work.

The ECU tune could perhaps accommodate mods in a more predictable fashion than a piggyback by anticipating the results of mods thereby having leeway to adjust to additional environmental factors,

ScorpionSkins.com
10-11-2013, 11:14 AM

This is why I loved my Cobb Accessport Tuner on the Mini S. I could easily switch between tunes that catered to all sorts of mods and fuel types, return to stock, read engine parameters, and data log all in one convenient hand-held package. It plugged directly into the OBDII port.

RoadRace
10-11-2013, 12:45 PM
This unit is not in response to any flash. It has been in development for more than 6 months. At one point I wanted to wait until we finished the SILVER STATE CHALLENGE. Why? because this would allow for more miles but it would also allow for unique opportunity to run for 100 miles and 100+ mph. This would uncover any sort of issue (if there was some.) It performed perfectly. With at done and the methanol component of the software complete now. We are ready to go. And it is something else!!

ROAD/RACE

whatebahw
10-11-2013, 01:12 PM
This is why I loved my Cobb Accessport Tuner on the Mini S. I could easily switch between tunes that catered to all sorts of mods and fuel types, return to stock, read engine parameters, and data log all in one convenient hand-held package. It plugged directly into the OBDII port.

All that and still cost less than most current offerings for the FIAT

ivmill
10-11-2013, 01:55 PM
This unit is not in response to any flash. It has been in development for more than 6 months.

I have no doubt that you have plenty of data to support all of these awesome claims, but is there any time frame for when we can expect to see some of it? Also as stated earlier, will this data show what power the box is producing without any additional modifications? If this pans out as good as claimed then I may have a MM power pack up for sale soon, haha.

ScorpionSkins.com
10-11-2013, 01:59 PM
All that and still cost less than most current offerings for the FIAT

I can imagine the amount of time and resources that go into developing a product offering on a new platform, and the need to consider manufacturing costs and reasonable profit margin. In that context, I can respect the current pricing structures, but I'd have to agree that they are exceptionally higher than I'd personally like for them to be.

A perfect example would be some of the intakes currently on the market. I can understand something within the $200-250 range, but $400-450 is really pushing it.

Without sending this thread off-topic, I'd like to say that I look forward to additional reviews of this product. I can appreciate R/Rs continued motivations to push the envelope of power output from these vehicles. It makes me excited for future developments and the products which will eventually follow.

There's a healthy competitive spirit among the companies currently producing parts for these vehicles. It's the kind of enthusiasm that will promote better products and a much greater vehicle community in time.

Gigante
10-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Hello everyone and thank you in advance for your time in reading my post. I want to share that I am the third Bata tester for the RRMS Ultimate ECM and I am very much honored to have been chosen to test this unit and share my opinions on what I have experienced thus far. I also want to add that I am not being compensated by RRMS for my time and that I am a paying customer for my purchases.

I have been a supporter of RRMS since my wife and I purchased her 500c, her car has everything RRMS has to offer for the 500. Also, being that my previous car before the Abarth was a Mitsubishi EVO VIII, (with 340 WHP and 360 WTQ with other mods including a Utech piggyback); I was familiar with the potential HP from these tuning boxes. That said I have been a supporter of RRMS and the products they sell due to the fact that they are road and track tested - including race tested as was the case with the new Ultimate ECM.

My car has the following engine tuning modifications: CAI, MPX tb, Boomba check valve, Forge BOV, Forge WGA (yellow spring) and the RRMS ECM (V1). The car was running really well and I enjoyed every moment I got to drive it. To spruce up the sound and in hopes of increasing the HP and turbo spool & boost I also have a full Super Sprint turbo back (200 cell cat) exhaust system that I will finally install on Monday – fingers crossed. When I learned about the development of a new version of the RRMS ECM, I knew that I wanted to test this to see if would enhance what I already have. After learning more about the new Ultimate ECM and the increased HP and Torque it offered I was really excited to try this out. All of my post about the RRMS ECM has been about the incredible torque (a sensation you can feel) the current ECM offers. Just the thought of having more of this really got my attention.

When I learned that I would be a beta tester I was really, really pleased. I have been traveling quite a bit for work so I am one of the last to install it but I can assure you I have not missed out on any of the fun.

When I received the package I first noticed the box was smaller than the previous shipment. I then opened up the box and was surprised with the look of the Ultimate ECM, it was smaller, lighter and not housed in an aluminum casing/box. Then I looked at the box closely and could not see where I adjust the settings? Okay, this box does not require it – interesting. I continued to open the package and I located the connectors and noticed that the wiring on the MAP sensor was much smaller than the previous ECM and smaller than the TMC V2, which one of the other forum members shared with me during a recent visit to my home. Then I see two wires (orange and black) that are also connected to the box and I had no idea what these were for. I found an addendum to the install instructions and learned that these additional wires are for an automotive relay control. They can power a boost retaining valve and or water injection system. Once I realized I did not need to be concerned with these wires I proceeded with my installation.

The install is pretty straight forward if you have installed an ECM from MM, TMC and or RRMS. The same process as before, removed the battery and CAI pipe to gain access to necessary areas for the MAS sensor and Boost sensor. One thing I noticed immediately was the plugs they are better than before and they provide a nice click when they are secured properly and this took all of the doubt if they were connected properly or not – nice touch. Once I was done I reinstalled everything and attached the new Ultimate ECM with double sided tape in front of the fuse box and tucked the accessory wires down below, once I zip tied them together.

How does the new RRMS Ultimate Perform?
After the long 80 miles of not engaging the sport button and not revving over 4K RPM, the magic moment arrived. I pulled over so that a few cars could pass me then I took off in second gear and WOW! the torque is crazy and starts way down low and continues through redline, no hesitation, it just goes and goes and the boost is constant – you really have to hang on to the wheel as the pull is violent.

I went to my regular test area off the beat and path and ran the car through the gears and I had lots of back fires and pops in between shifts – this has to be shooting flames out the tail pipes as the pops are so dam loud.

I stopped and got out of the car and noticed the exhaust note is louder and so is the turbo whine out the exhaust, all of the noises are louder from the turbo and BOV. I drive with ESC full off (10 sec until you hear the beep) and with 93 OCT If you let the clutch out in first gear and let the car roll and hammer the accelerator the wheels will spin and you’ll have to lift off the accelerator. It’s much better to whine the car to 25 - 30 MPH then put your foot down and hang on.

I really could not believe how awesome this Utlimate ECM is, I just wanted to keep driving and driving. I was only able to log 15 miles after the 80 mile learning process and had plans on going out to have fun on some country roads. It has been raining like crazy here over the last 48 hrs. and this has curbed my plans. If the weather improves over the weekend I will log more miles. I have my GOPRO ready and I will have my IPAD with DashCommand with me as well. Between the IPAD and my ATM boost gauge I should be able to get some good readings.

Stay tuned as I will update this thread with more pictures and video to share. The fun is just getting started.

I want to thank Rob and the RRMS team for this opportunity and for all of their hard work and efforts to bring this new Ultimate ECM to our community. If anyone has questions please let me know. If you want to know about the availability or pricing please call RRMS directly at 562.906.0080 or visit their site at www.roadracemotorsports.com

All for now,
Gigante

Some pics to share on the link below:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/krmiqemzqzaudgv/r4CODkXBHQ

Abarth Five O
10-11-2013, 03:24 PM
Nice review, Gigante. Are u also running it w/ a Sprint Booster or PP? Is it really necessary w/ this box? Look forward to more feedback after more spirited runs.

Gigante
10-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Hey Trevc,

It only has two connectors and no adjustment. It quite amazing.

I wish I was joining you guys this weekend as I would let you drive the car - trust you enough with it. My workload is HUGE right now but all for the right reasons. I worked until 1:00am trying to catch up but no dice. Have a great time this weekend.funbiggrinparty

Gigante
10-11-2013, 04:35 PM
Nice review, Gigante. Are u also running it w/ a Sprint Booster or PP? Is it really necessary w/ this box? Look forward to more feedback after more spirited runs.

Hey Five O, great to hear from you. I removed the Sprint Booster with RRMS V1 as I did not need it. I have not found a need for it with the Ultimate ECM. I do not have any hesitation or flat spots. I hope the weather lets up by Sunday so that I can go and drive and post some video. Unfortunately, I will be working through the evening and tomorrow as well - duty calls. I will keep this thread updated as I get more time in the car. I can't believe how this performs and it has no adjustment - great stuff.

You won't be disappointed at all. If you had the opportunity to see the link with pictures in can be quite stealth. My FS knows about my mods as I take the car there for oil changes and they are quite mod friendly so I am not concerned, never was before and no reason to be now.

Take care buddy and let me know if you have any other questions.beerchugbeerchug

hecbom
10-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Question for RRM
How would the enrichment by the new box affect the catalytic? As you all know, the stoichiometric ratio is kept within a certain bandwidth from the factory and the extra enrichment whatever that might be can deteriorate the life of the catalytic. This might not be an issue for many outside California but here, it can be a pain in the ass considering I have been pulled over in the past for a road check. Question has this been taken into consideration? My office is about one mile from RRM here in Santa Fe Springs so I could just drop in and discuss my concerns with RRM but I am asking the question for the benefit of the forum.

Thanks!
Ettore

trevc
10-11-2013, 05:00 PM
Thanks! Will miss you at the Dragon :-(

Hey Trevc,

It only has two connectors and no adjustment. It quite amazing.

I wish I was joining you guys this weekend as I would let you drive the car - trust you enough with it. My workload is HUGE right now but all for the right reasons. I worked until 1:00am trying to catch up but no dice. Have a great time this weekend.funbiggrinparty

LittleEvil
10-11-2013, 05:01 PM
DYNO sheet with video of the pull and showing the numbers on the screen :).

Abarth Five O
10-11-2013, 05:08 PM
Hey Five O, great to hear from you. I removed the Sprint Booster with RRMS V1 as I did not need it. I have not found a need for it with the Ultimate ECM. I do not have any hesitation or flat spots. I hope the weather lets up by Sunday so that I can go and drive and post some video. Unfortunately, I will be working through the evening and tomorrow as well - duty calls. I will keep this thread updated as I get more time in the car. I can't believe how this performs and it has no adjustment - great stuff.

You won't be disappointed at all. If you had the opportunity to see the link with pictures in can be quite stealth. My FS knows about my mods as I take the car there for oil changes and they are quite mod friendly so I am not concerned, never was before and no reason to be now.

Take care buddy and let me know if you have any other questions.beerchugbeerchug

Great, I guess I can also shag my MM PP for better resale value as a combo w/ remote. I like the added feature of the Ultimate i.e. extra wires to add water/meth injection and boost retainer valve. Can you link me to the link? You are a very lucky man w/ your local FS.
Cheers,
Five O

Gigante
10-11-2013, 05:21 PM
Great, I guess I can also shag my MM PP for better resale value as a combo w/ remote. I like the added feature of the Ultimate i.e. extra wires to add water/meth injection and boost retainer valve. Can you link me to the link? You are a very lucky man w/ your local FS.
Cheers,
Five O

Five-O, I would try it without it first to see if you have the same response as me; however, selling the the MM/PP combo will sure make is move quicker. The options for future add on's is really nice. I feel really fortunate to have the service manger at the FS be so understanding.

Let me know if this works for you. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/krmiqemzqzaudgv/r4CODkXBHQ

Thank you for looking,
Gigante

trevc
10-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Gigante,
you need to clean under your battery tray. I am sure I saw some dirt in that picture :p

charliesheen
10-11-2013, 07:53 PM
I have been waiting for this for a while (like many others) and I am excited it's finally coming out! Good job RRMS! Quick question - I have read in several threads that our transmission is rated up to 200hp, so how will having this piggyback and the supporting mods affect the life of the transmission, clutch, and the turbo? I'm guessing the average driver is gonna be in the >17lb boost range about 30-40 percent of the time, so it's not like you are constantly overloading the parts, but I wouldn't want to have the clutch start slipping early moreover have to fix the tranny one way or another. You guys know much more about the internals of the car than I do, so I wanted to find out from the experts.

ScorpionSkins.com
10-11-2013, 08:09 PM
I have been waiting for this for a while (like many others) and I am excited it's finally coming out! Good job RRMS! Quick question - I have read in several threads that our transmission is rated up to 200hp, so how will having this piggyback and the supporting mods affect the life of the transmission, clutch, and the turbo? I'm guessing the average driver is gonna be in the >17lb boost range about 30-40 percent of the time, so it's not like you are constantly overloading the parts, but I wouldn't want to have the clutch start slipping early moreover have to fix the tranny one way or another. You guys know much more about the internals of the car than I do, so I wanted to find out from the experts.

Very valid question, and I hope it's thoroughly answered!

Gigante
10-11-2013, 08:12 PM
Gigante,
you need to clean under your battery tray. I am sure I saw some dirt in that picture :p

Funny that you noticed as after I took the pic I sprayed some Adams In & Out and wiped it clean. It looks better nowxxrotflmao

BigDaddySRT
10-11-2013, 08:48 PM
5 pages in... And not a single dyno plot showing before and after results, or plots showing facts to back up their claims.

Am I the only one not willing to drink the Kool Aid?

mneuman916
10-11-2013, 09:07 PM
5 pages in... And not a single dyno plot showing before and after results, or plots showing facts to back up their claims.

I'll take actual user experiences any day over a colorful dyno plot that certain individuals would pick apart and challenge anyway. If the Kool Aid actually does what it's supposed to, I'll gladly take a swig.

Abarth Five O
10-11-2013, 09:16 PM
I'll drink to that! beerchug

charliesheen
10-11-2013, 09:22 PM
I'll drink to that! beerchug

cheers!

Gigante
10-11-2013, 09:35 PM

Hey BigDaddySRT, we just received theses ECM's and I've only had it for two days and due to my work schedule I have not had enough time to sample the car how I want to in order to provide more feedback. Trust me I want to Dyno the car to know what is putting down.

No need for tne kool aid comment just have a bit of patience.

Thank you for your time.

FTY
10-12-2013, 12:59 AM
Funny that you noticed as after I took the pic I sprayed some Adams In & Out and wiped it clean. It looks better nowxxrotflmao

LOL I did the same exact thing.....

Abarth619
10-12-2013, 09:06 AM
I don't understand why some people are implying that RR is lying about their product. This ECM was just announced a couple days ago and I'm sure RR will have a thread soon with more detailed info soon. Judging by the quality of their existing products, I'm pretty sure this ECM will be great just like all of their other products. RR has been around for some time and I don't think they'd risk their reputation by lying about their new ECM. I'm going to reserve any judgment about their ECM until they give more details about it. I am pretty excited about it though and will be buying one as soon as more detailed info about it is given.

mneuman916
10-12-2013, 09:42 AM
I don't understand why some people are implying that RR is lying about their product. This ECM was just announced a couple days ago and I'm sure RR will have a thread soon with more detailed info soon. Judging by the quality of their existing products, I'm pretty sure this ECM will be great just like all of their other products. RR has been around for some time and I don't think they'd risk their reputation by lying about their new ECM. I'm going to reserve any judgment about their ECM until they give more details about it. I am pretty excited about it though and will be buying one as soon as more detailed info about it is given.

It's become quite amusing; the better the product Road Race puts out, the more angry it makes the haters.

jflexe99
10-12-2013, 10:11 AM
I would like to know with the new ECM, if it works as the original? Plug and play, can be used on stock setup. This will just be maximizing boost a bit more than the original ECM?

What is with the meth injection conversation with this unit? It is making me thing numbers and tuning work with it exclusively.

If it works on stock setup(which I have) I am in. I want to be as sleeper as possible, but would love to get some serious gains.

What are the difference in performance between this and the original ECM?

FTY
10-12-2013, 10:45 AM
I would like to know with the new ECM, if it works as the original? Plug and play, can be used on stock setup. This will just be maximizing boost a bit more than the original ECM?

What is with the meth injection conversation with this unit? It is making me thing numbers and tuning work with it exclusively.

If it works on stock setup(which I have) I am in. I want to be as sleeper as possible, but would love to get some serious gains.

What are the difference in performance between this and the original ECM?

The new RRM unit works as the originally did, but it has been retuned to safely provide increased boost levels.

A water/meth system "can" (not must) be used with this system or you can simply hook any device to the module you'd like to turn on at and after 17psi. An example of this would be the HPS retention Valve and/or water/meth. At 17psi power is sent to the third loom on this unit and would allow these systems to come into play. Its an option not a necessity.

The difference between this unit and the last unit is increased boost levels and overall smoother power delivery. Its also a smaller unit, which allows better concealment.

http://www.eurocompulsion.net/RRMULTIMA1.jpg

Plugs directly into the Intake manifold Pressure sensor and the boost pressure sensor. The black and orange wires seen are the lead wires that are activated (hot) at and after 17psi.

lenswerks
10-12-2013, 11:38 AM
Any word on when they will be shipping?
Thanks.

RoadRace
10-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Honestly these are getting huge response. First batch is almost sold but I expect that batch to be here for shipping next week. 1st batch gone, second one half gone. Call to order one to be sure to get in the next batch. Thnx guys.

ROAD/RACE

lenswerks
10-12-2013, 12:15 PM
Thanks.
I'll wait until Chris has a price posted and available for ordering.

jflexe99
10-12-2013, 01:02 PM
So what is the differences between this and the original ECM? Besides how much boost it makes?

Abarth Five O
10-12-2013, 03:04 PM
The new RRM unit works as the originally did, but it has been retuned to safely provide increased boost levels.

A water/meth system "can" (not must) be used with this system or you can simply hook any device to the module you'd like to turn on at and after 17psi. An example of this would be the HPS retention Valve and/or water/meth. At 17psi power is sent to the third loom on this unit and would allow these systems to come into play. Its an option not a necessity.

The difference between this unit and the last unit is increased boost levels and overall smoother power delivery. Its also a smaller unit, which allows better concealment.

Plugs directly into the Intake manifold Pressure sensor and the boost pressure sensor. The black and orange wires seen are the lead wires that are activated (hot) at and after 17psi.

Thanks Chris, I like the optional lead wires in case I want to add the HPS boost retainer valve and/or a water/meth injection system down the road. Do you still need the MM PP or sprint booster to complement this unit or is this unit all you need to enjoy the pull and blast off?

shagghie
10-12-2013, 03:05 PM
DYNO sheet with video of the pull and showing the numbers on the screen :).

Ideal request.

Quick question... is this a vast improvement over V2 if we don't need the trigger wire functionality or care about the size of the housing? Also, does stage 3 use a faster core processor than V1 or V2? Can a V2 be programmed with the V3 map for the 25peak/20sustained boost and curves?

Gigante
10-12-2013, 03:12 PM
So what is the differences between this and the original ECM? Besides how much boost it makes?

Hello jflexe99, this box no longer has manual settings from 1-9 like V1, it also does not have an aluminum casing/box, the plugs are improved (IMO), the power comes on low in the RPM range, all the way to redline and boost continues to redline, no more dummy plug and it is easier to conceal if you feel you need to do this. Also, it has relay capabilities wired in for future options - nice touch.

I hope this information is helpful?

Thank you for your time.

JackandSue
10-12-2013, 03:17 PM
I hope they add it to their web site soon.

Gigante
10-12-2013, 03:26 PM
Ideal request.

Quick question... is this a vast improvement over V2 if we don't need the trigger wire functionality or care about the size of the housing? Also, does stage 3 use a faster core processor than V1 or V2? Can a V2 be programmed with the V3 map for the 25peak/20sustained boost and curves?

Hey shagghie, I don't know about the processor and or the programmability of the original version as this is a whole new ECM. I can share with you that this is a very noticeable difference over the original and you can just zip tie the accessory wires like I did and stuff them away.

We have similar mods and I know this will just bring everything you have done together nicely. I could not believe the increased torque over the previous version. I know you will not be disappointed and you have FMIC which will just add to the performance. I would not mislead you and you know that.

PM if you need more details.

RoadRace
10-12-2013, 07:03 PM

We are going have customized Meth kit soon. It will act with it. That said it is already tuned to spray at a certain boost level. It is different because it has output options, 2 brains really not just one and it is smaller that any others. Lastly it controls more than boost and it HOLDS Boost when you put it in SPORT MODE. IT is phenomenal. It is a little hard to explain but the guys in the next batch will surely reinforce what you are reading here. Call us to order one and get a few more details. I do not want to say too much because we do not want competitors to understand what we are doing really. Sorry but it is true.

ROAD/RACE

FTY
10-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Thanks Chris, I like the optional lead wires in case I want to add the HPS boost retainer valve and/or a water/meth injection system down the road. Do you still need the MM PP or sprint booster to complement this unit or is this unit all you need to enjoy the pull and blast off?

I haven't messed with pedal boxes at all, so I cant answer this one. I'm kinda of the anti-pedal box guy.

Abarth619
10-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Thanks Chris, I like the optional lead wires in case I want to add the HPS boost retainer valve and/or a water/meth injection system down the road. Do you still need the MM PP or sprint booster to complement this unit or is this unit all you need to enjoy the pull and blast off? I was wondering if the sprint booster and power pedal are still needed myself. If not, that would be awesome.

RoadRace
10-12-2013, 08:12 PM
I am against pedal box stuff too. Our box does work with the GO pedals etc..... We are working on the meth kit that works with our system though. Stay patient there.

ROAD/RACE

DesmosDromos
10-12-2013, 09:26 PM
I'll take actual user experiences any day over a colorful dyno plot that certain individuals would pick apart and challenge anyway. If the Kool Aid actually does what it's supposed to, I'll gladly take a swig.

I have nothing against RRM and they seem to have lots of happy customers which is great. I don't think asking for dyno results is unreasonable, though. It's the only objective way to measure the results of mods. I'm not clear on why they aren't provided as I'd assume there were dyno pulls used in the development of the box. I'm willing to accept that lots here feel this is the best box going, but I wouldn't mind seeing some graphs either.

ScorpionSkins.com
10-12-2013, 09:31 PM
I have nothing against RRM and they seem to have lots of happy customers which is great. I don't think asking for dyno results is unreasonable, though. It's the only objective way to measure the results of mods. I'm not clear on why they aren't provided as I'd assume there were dyno pulls used in the development of the box. I'm willing to accept that lots here feel this is the best box going, but I wouldn't mind seeing some graphs either.

I'm under the impression that although they've announced the product, it isn't yet "official". I suspect we'll see a thread with the majority of details we've asked in the very near future.

vinniep
10-12-2013, 09:48 PM
Will this work on my 500t?

NGEN
10-13-2013, 12:16 AM
Have you ran this unit on your 500L that you purchased awhile back? Just curious what results you felt in the L since it is essentially the same powertrain. By the way, the car sounds sick in the video!

trevc
10-13-2013, 07:28 AM
I could not resist. Placed my order through Eurocompulsion. Gigante sold me on it!

mneuman916
10-13-2013, 09:19 AM
I placed my order as well; it looks like I will be selling the TMC unit I just bought. I'm glad that I have the opportunity to spend some time with the TMC before this shows up. That way I'll have a good idea of the difference it makes!

Gigante
10-13-2013, 10:38 AM
I could not resist. Placed my order through Eurocompulsion. Gigante sold me on it!

That's great Trevc, it will work awesome for your autox days with the power down low and in the mid range, can't wait for you to get this in time for your next event Truly, this unit is the dogs bollocks!

I hope you and our other peeps had a great time at the Dragon and have a safe drive back to TNbiggrin

We'll speak soon.

BigT
10-13-2013, 10:41 AM
Sometimes it pays to be broke lol. By the time I get enough money to buy a piggyback Road Race will be on stage 6 :)

Gigante
10-13-2013, 10:43 AM
I placed my order as well; it looks like I will be selling the TMC unit I just bought. I'm glad that I have the opportunity to spend some time with the TMC before this shows up. That way I'll have a good idea of the difference it makes!

Hey mneumann916, you will really enjoy how the boost does not drop and the torque is amazing. It will be great that you will have a real world experience in comparing both units back to back.

Hope to see you soon:thumbsup

RoadRace
10-13-2013, 12:56 PM
Dynos are forth coming. We do not have car back yet. It is at JAY LENO's until late this week. Regardless, results will be all over the place depending your other mods. Comparatively, we rely on other experiences because they all are coming from another ECM experience so they can speak to the improvement they experience. Do not expect 300 h.p. but do expect peak torque and boost hold over a 2000+ Rpm Range and power from the lowest normal driving rpms to redline because again, it is holding boost. 2nd batch is sold out. I am ordering a 3rd now. People will here from other soon about this breakthrough product. 2nd batch will ship late this week.

ROAD/RACE

musicsurf
10-13-2013, 09:38 PM
Both people who took a ride in my car were instant believers in the power this box creates and the way it's delivered. It's crazy and performed perfectly on the tail of the dragon. There is just so much torque coming out of the turns. I was able to walk away from cars with every other box, MM, RRM Stage 1, and TMC.

Abarth619
10-13-2013, 10:08 PM
I know Leno loves the Abarth, he bought one. As a matter of fact his review was a factor in me buying one. I can't wait to see what he says about the Road Race Abarth on his site!

mrhoopy
10-13-2013, 10:26 PM
So I just looked up the unit on eurocompulsion site and they're selling it for 799.00. In the early post road said it was going to be cheaper than the mm unit. The mm unit is 699.00 w/o remote and 799.00 with, not seeing where it's cheaper???

musicsurf
10-13-2013, 10:31 PM
So I just looked up the unit on eurocompulsion site and they're selling it for 799.00. In the early post road said it was going to be cheaper than the mm unit. The mm unit is 699.00 w/o remote and 799.00 with, not seeing where it's cheaper???

I am thinking it was with the remote that they were comparing it to. This cannot be adjusted nor does it need to be. It really is hands down better than any other unit out there.

ScorpionSkins.com
10-13-2013, 10:36 PM

YIKES. That's painful.

I support RRMs product development, but that's just crazy expensive in relative comparison to what I was expecting. ($650 range to undercut MM unit, with reduction in price on earlier versions)

ABARTH TAMER
10-13-2013, 10:57 PM

Not good. If you say you are less than a named competitor, you should be. Don't compare yourself to a product with an option that is not applicable. Also, lets finally see some independent Dino results that confirm all the excitement.

vinniep
10-13-2013, 11:37 PM
Wondering if this will work on my 500t. Is it adjustable like the other boxes or comes with one tune.

onederer
10-14-2013, 02:39 AM
$800...man, that is a spicy meatball.

RoadRace
10-14-2013, 10:53 AM
RRM Ultimate Tuner is $799 with us too. It will not be sold for cheaper. We have worked out a tune for DART guys and 500L guys too. It is going to be the same price for them. We are taking order already although it is not on the site yet. Just call in to order one from us 10-5 PAC time. 562-906-0080. It has more functions than any other box and has a lot of research in it. Just the plugs for this box, it is PLUG and PLAY cost a lot and require us to order over 500 sets of plugs. We have out laid a lot of money. We are still selling version one units. Everyone know that has been the KING until now. If you make a larger order and couple this with the rest of our performance parts, and pay via cashier check, money order, we can do something on the price. We would very much like to see folks using all RRM parts, not because of the sales but because this way we can guarantee the BEST results. We know our intake works (cannot say that for all out there), we know our d.p.s work. Also heat shields, blankets, jackets, exhaust all give a solid gain together, giving you the sound you want and these parts are all matched. What goes in goes out in a balanced fashion. Any who had 2 stoke engine really understand that balance is key to getting everything to work in harmony thus giving just that little bit more. Another example, balancing and engine, does not really make power but it does make the engine more efficient. That is what we are referring to when we speak of our performance products. They all allow their counterpart, part to maximize power gain or even just improve drivability. The point is you get the most out of RRM Ultimate Tuner by finishing the Stage 3 package with other RRM parts all working in concert with the RRM Ultimate Tuner.

ROAD/RACE

Abarth67
10-14-2013, 11:23 AM
Both people who took a ride in my car were instant believers in the power this box creates and the way it's delivered. It's crazy and performed perfectly on the tail of the dragon. There is just so much torque coming out of the turns. I was able to walk away from cars with every other box, MM, RRM Stage 1, and TMC.

I was one of those people, yes, I can vouch for the difference. Better yet, I can vouch with my credit card number as I am ordering one as soon as they open today...already called them.

Well done guys.

RoadRace
10-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Great. It took over 6 months to finish but it was worth all the work plus this is the only system for FIAT that is plug/n play plus has outputs to run methanol/wter injection system and is pretuned to do so at the proper boost levels etc.... This kit will be ready for sale soon. Thanks for the great response. ROAD/RACE worked hard to earn it.

ROAD/RACE

BigDaddySRT
10-14-2013, 01:55 PM
RRM Ultimate Tuner is $799 with us too.... The point is you get the most out of RRM Ultimate Tuner by finishing the Stage 3 package with other RRM parts all working in concert with the RRM Ultimate Tuner.

ROAD/RACE

By definition it's not a TUNER.... it's a Piggyback ECM with no Tuning Capability.

So we need to spend $799 for the Ultimate "TUNER", and how much more money do we need to spend with RRM to run 25 psi sustained boost and NOT Void our FIAT Powertrain Warranty?

Abarth Five O
10-14-2013, 03:20 PM
As it's been said many times before, if your main concerns are $ and warranty, these types of mods are not for you.

charliesheen
10-14-2013, 06:50 PM
i have been waiting for this for a while (like many others) and i am excited it's finally coming out! Good job rrms! Quick question - i have read in several threads that our transmission is rated up to 200hp, so how will having this piggyback and the supporting mods affect the life of the transmission, clutch, and the turbo? I'm guessing the average driver is gonna be in the >17lb boost range about 30-40 percent of the time, so it's not like you are constantly overloading the parts, but i wouldn't want to have the clutch start slipping early moreover have to fix the tranny one way or another. You guys know much more about the internals of the car than i do, so i wanted to find out from the experts.

rrms?

mneuman916
10-14-2013, 07:42 PM
By definition it's not a TUNER.... it's a Piggyback ECM with no Tuning Capability.

So we need to spend $799 for the Ultimate "TUNER", and how much more money do we need to spend with RRM to run 25 psi sustained boost and NOT Void our FIAT Powertrain Warranty?

Sales@roadrace
10-14-2013, 08:21 PM
Product is up for sale.

Link to Ultimate ECM by Road Race (http://roadracemotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=118_119&products_id=1957)

Sales@roadrace
10-14-2013, 08:22 PM
rrms?

I have forwarded this question to Rob. He's out of the office but I made sure to send him a link to this question in particular. You'll get your answer. Thank you. :)

-DC

mneuman916
10-14-2013, 08:54 PM
I have forwarded this question to Rob. He's out of the office but I made sure to send him a link to this question in particular. You'll get your answer. Thank you. :)

-DC

Thanks, DC. I know that this is a question that many have, myself included originally. Let's clear the air!

cy-clone33
10-14-2013, 09:01 PM
If I may speak when not spoken too,, anything we do to these or any other car will have a negative affect on wear and lifespan, the question I ask myself was why did I buy this car ( 500T) the answer was to race it, I ordered my unit SAT morning as soon as they opened and it will be on the car for my next solo event..The suspension upgrades that I installed met all expectations,( I just got off the phone with Rob who called me,,that is way cool) I was able to run my car stock suspension and then the same course with all the componets currently for sale ( total cost was $700) and the difference was 2.35 sec.. that is a decent gain for that amount of $$,, the ECU should be amasing when coupled with the rest of the upgrades.. my total investment will be $1500 which I feel is a bargain if it takes a 6th place car up to the top 3

charliesheen
10-15-2013, 12:42 AM

-DC

Thank you!

RoadRace
10-15-2013, 11:17 AM
If I may speak when not spoken too,, anything we do to these or any other car will have a negative affect on wear and lifespan, the question I ask myself was why did I buy this car ( 500T) the answer was to race it, I ordered my unit SAT morning as soon as they opened and it will be on the car for my next solo event..The suspension upgrades that I installed met all expectations,( I just got off the phone with Rob who called me,,that is way cool) I was able to run my car stock suspension and then the same course with all the componets currently for sale ( total cost was $700) and the difference was 2.35 sec.. that is a decent gain for that amount of $$,, the ECU should be amasing when coupled with the rest of the upgrades.. my total investment will be $1500 which I feel is a bargain if it takes a 6th place car up to the top 3

Great talking with you. Like I said, this is what we like to hear, no LOVE TO HEAR. We are practical race car guys and everything we make needs to be purposeful. We think with that philosy, we give value. These parts all change the car to the next level. I like having a sleeper ABARTH or 500T ,even more of a sleeper, that can stay glued to a M3. That is not BULL SH#T. That is a fact. We have really made a dent in this car now and our products are shipping all over the world as a result of getting results. Going to Jay Leno's shop right now with our Abarth. He heard about it and wants to drive it so we are going over there. He follows the SILVER STATE CHALLENGE Event and he knows it is something of a feat to place at that event. THnx ROAD/RACE

P.S. CharlieSHeen, email me and I will answer you asap. Late for the appointment with Jay, seriously. Gotta go now. Rob

ABARTH TAMER
10-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Mr Sheen:

Please post the answer to this when you get it. Sounds like quite a few share your concern.

RoadRace
10-15-2013, 03:39 PM
rrms?

I am just seeing this. First off, everything this car is made for is rate to over 200 h.p. and strenghtened for more boost than stock. FIAT tunes it up, up and then detunes it for sale. I assure you this is the case. Most car companies do this. It is too expensive to develop parts that are rated for what h.p. they sell it at.
For example. My Race Car, EVO 9 is 600+ h.p. That is more than twice what it was built to do. The block handles it fine and even most internals are all stock. The trans and the engine will handle close to 300 h.p. About the only exceptions to this is the parts that man can control. What I mean here is the clutch. The clutch will handle it fine but if you are constantly shifting poorly, you are bound to wear down the clutch. WIll it grip at over 200 h.p.? YES. No problem but if you burn it in every time you shift and are under full power, you are bound to need to replace it sooner. That really is the only issue one should ever have. One more example. We are famous for turbocharging cars that did not come from the factory Turboed. They handle it fine. In fact most of our older ones are way past 200K miles on the kits and engine.

By the way, met Jay Leno today. We went out Urban Warrioring!!!! Seriously. SWEET.

ROAD/RACE

ScorpionSkins.com
10-15-2013, 04:57 PM
IBy the way, met Jay Leno today. We went out Urban Warrioring!!!! Seriously. SWEET.

ROAD/RACE

That's awesome! Any possibility for a video documentation of the drive, either through Jay's Youtube channel or through R/R?

FTY
10-15-2013, 07:25 PM
That's awesome! Any possibility for a video documentation of the drive, either through Jay's Youtube channel or through R/R?

+1

charliesheen
10-16-2013, 12:43 AM
I am just seeing this. First off, everything this car is made for is rate to over 200 h.p. and strenghtened for more boost than stock. FIAT tunes it up, up and then detunes it for sale. I assure you this is the case. Most car companies do this. It is too expensive to develop parts that are rated for what h.p. they sell it at.
For example. My Race Car, EVO 9 is 600+ h.p. That is more than twice what it was built to do. The block handles it fine and even most internals are all stock. The trans and the engine will handle close to 300 h.p. About the only exceptions to this is the parts that man can control. What I mean here is the clutch. The clutch will handle it fine but if you are constantly shifting poorly, you are bound to wear down the clutch. WIll it grip at over 200 h.p.? YES. No problem but if you burn it in every time you shift and are under full power, you are bound to need to replace it sooner. That really is the only issue one should ever have. One more example. We are famous for turbocharging cars that did not come from the factory Turboed. They handle it fine. In fact most of our older ones are way past 200K miles on the kits and engine.

By the way, met Jay Leno today. We went out Urban Warrioring!!!! Seriously. SWEET.

ROAD/RACE

Thank you for the answer. I hope you understand my concern since, according to the video you guys posted, the car will produce 220hp/260tq (granted I may be unaware of ALL the mods the car has). I just wanted to know how hard the parts are being pushed to achieve such a drastic jump in numbers from stock. I am completely ok with pushing the car a little harder, just wanted to know the extent, as it's my DD and I wouldn't want to completely throw reliability out the window. Again thank you, and I'll be placing an oder in the next couple of weeks.

p.s. - any chance of getting a list of parts that helped you achieve those numbers? as far as I know, the car has a RRM's CAI, exhaust, and a DP. Anything else I will need to buy? :p

Abarth Five O
10-16-2013, 02:28 AM
Don't forget R/R heat management products for sustained power: turbo blanket and oil line sleeve, DP jacket, naca and heat extractor hood vents.

2Cool
10-16-2013, 07:37 AM
This thread is following the same pattern as the initial RRM ECU announcement. Many big claims, strange failure to ever post actual dyno sheets despite multiple promises to do so. Any actual tuning is done on a dyno, so anyone actually doing so has stacks of real performance results. All we are missing is the verbal altercation with other vendors making similar unsubstantiated claims.

Must be this car, it sells on feel and sound, so that is what most customers expect rather than real numbers. No other car I have owned has such a lack of proven improvements from vendors, most are proud to show how much faster/louder/better they can make your ride.

I drank the kool-aide on the initial ECU. I sure as heck will not change just because of more unsubstantiated claims. Post dynos. Compare it to stock as well as your previous box. Prove to me it is worth the money.

RoadRace
10-16-2013, 09:37 AM
NO cameras were allowed for legal reasons today. God knows we brought 4 cameras but I walked and starred at a sign saying NO CAMERAS. But the best news is he wants to do a show. He called me tonight, I thought someone was pranking me. "He?ya this is Jay, Jay Leno." I was like what???? Really? It was him with really good news so video is soon to follow.

Abarth67
10-16-2013, 10:34 AM
NO cameras were allowed for legal reasons today. God knows we brought 4 cameras but I walked and starred at a sign saying NO CAMERAS. But the best news is he wants to do a show. He called me tonight, I thought someone was pranking me. "He?ya this is Jay, Jay Leno." I was like what???? Really? It was him with really good news so video is soon to follow.

I am looking forward to this one. Keep us posted. I had the opportunity to visit Jay Leno's garage a few years ago and it is amazing to say the least. Words do not do it justice it is so big and so full of cool stuff it blows the mind.

RoadRace
10-16-2013, 10:53 AM
I am looking forward to this one. Keep us posted. I had the opportunity to visit Jay Leno's garage a few years ago and it is amazing to say the least. Words do not do it justice it is so big and so full of cool stuff it blows the mind.

We took a tour yesterday and the one building is so long we rode a golf cart from one end to the other. Quite a site.

ROAD/RACE

jflexe99
10-16-2013, 11:13 AM
This thread is following the same pattern as the initial RRM ECU announcement. Many big claims, strange failure to ever post actual dyno sheets despite multiple promises to do so. Any actual tuning is done on a dyno, so anyone actually doing so has stacks of real performance results. All we are missing is the verbal altercation with other vendors making similar unsubstantiated claims.

Must be this car, it sells on feel and sound, so that is what most customers expect rather than real numbers. No other car I have owned has such a lack of proven improvements from vendors, most are proud to show how much faster/louder/better they can make your ride.

I drank the kool-aide on the initial ECU. I sure as heck will not change just because of more unsubstantiated claims. Post dynos. Compare it to stock as well as your previous box. Prove to me it is worth the money.

I agree with 2Cool. It is great you have some people saying how powerful it is and how much of a beast it is, but with tuning and creating an ECU or ECM there had to be dyno tuning and should be able to share, videos and everything.

I see it being REALLY hard NOT to have evidence, videos and a lot of data behind a product in this day and age with how quick and easy it is to share. More proof, more data, videos will most likely mean more sales and happier prospects/possible customers.

My 2 cents.

Of all the talk of the old ECM, I only ever seen ONE dyno chart from RRM....no one else posted one nor other results. I think there is one or two videos of in car driving with it installed...but no dash cam with 0-60 or anything significant.

RoadRace
10-16-2013, 02:07 PM
I will have a little time today. I will do an in car video today. That said there are videos etc.... We have not had our car for 6 weeks. Now that it is back we can do a few things before press take it away from us again.

For now watch this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQBntI0FBrU

I know we have been slacking but we are making parts, not reselling others parts and we have been racing out of state, doing press, building 3 SEMA cars too! Plus people forget we have a very large business that revolves around Mitsubishi, Suzuki, Carbon Fiber, etc.... We are a Lil Busy at this time of year. We are a great team but not a shop with 20+ people in it. Plus only can work 29 hours a week now because of ObamaCare. LOL

Thanks.

Abarth Five O
10-16-2013, 03:03 PM
Quite simple: For those who are hung up on getting dynos before buying a product, don't hold your breath. Move on and buy another product from another vendor who satisfies your wants and needs. However, for those who have actually purchased R/R products and experienced the excellent results, we know first hand what they're talking about (even for those who really don't care about dynos like myself) because R/R has delivered for me every time as promised. Bottom line: the proof is in the pudding from testimonials from satisfied customers like myself.

2Cool
10-16-2013, 03:09 PM
Quite simple: For those who are hung up on getting dynos before buying a product, don't hold your breath. Move on and buy another product from another vendor who satisfies your wants and needs. However, for those who have actually purchased R/R products and experienced the excellent results, we know first hand what they're talking about (even for those who really don't care about dynos like myself) because R/R has delivered for me every time as promised. Bottom line: the proof is in the pudding from testimonials from satisfied customers like myself.

And obviously you are their target market. So nope, not holding my breath. Hopefully someone actually dynos this product on their own, as that is the only way real numbers are likely to surface.

Butt dynos and impressions are subjective, especially from people justifying their purchase. The term for that is choice-supportive bias (aka Buyer's Stockholm Syndrome), and is a poor replacement for scientific measurement.

redred
10-16-2013, 03:27 PM
and is a poor replacement for scientific measurement.

Completely true except for one major issue. Dyno's are by far the least scientific measurement you can get. They are far too subjective as well. Different day, different driver, different ventilation used, etc, etc, etc.... Sure they are helpful in certain applications, but those that rely so heavily on a dyno report are going to be in for some surprises.

I mean, good grief, one dyno report on the forum here showed a 20hp increase in power with just an intake upgrade. Do you really buy that as scientific?????

I promise you this.... RRM will most likely post up some sort of dyno down the road and then various members here will just complain about it and chew it to pieces. Happens every single time someone posts up a dyno here.

For my own curiosity, I'd love to see a dyno too, but I am certainly not going to take it that seriously.

musicsurf
10-16-2013, 03:31 PM
And obviously you are their target market. So nope, not holding my breath. Hopefully someone actually dynos this product on their own, as that is the only way real numbers are likely to surface.

Butt dynos and impressions are subjective, especially from people justifying their purchase. The term for that is choice-supportive bias (aka Buyer's Stockholm Syndrome), and is a poor replacement for scientific measurement.

I'm sure we live very close to one another, and especially since you are cynical of the product you are welcome to take a ride or take my car for a spin.

Tweak
10-16-2013, 08:23 PM
I'm sure we live very close to one another, and especially since you are cynical of the product you are welcome to take a ride or take my car for a spin.

Do it, I did. I met with musicsurf this past weekend and rode along with him and behind him filming the ride, his car definitely was impressive and pulled differently and harder than mine with the TMC (ver1) on level 9. In the video we were not trying to keep up as the video I have we were doing a bit more of a relaxed drive at the time and most everyone had spaced out from one another but I could still find him pulling away at times. In addition during some other drives where he happened to be behind me (from GA to TN) I noticed him easily matching my speeds and he joined me as I was passing an Abarth and a Sport and I am certain if he wished he could have passed me at some point. I think if the dyno gets posted it will be a problem just about as much as it will if it doesn't as stated above. I do know I felt it in person and saw it maintain boost and pulling harder than what I have seem from the TMC and previous RRM box. Looking forward to the Leno video!

mneuman916
10-16-2013, 08:55 PM
I promise you this.... RRM will most likely post up some sort of dyno down the road and then various members here will just complain about it and chew it to pieces. Happens every single time someone posts up a dyno here.

There are no words in existence that can reaffirm this statement enough; People continually piss and moan about wanting dyno results, get them, and then either call BS or press for more information than provided, while subsequently calling BS [again] because a given specific readout wasn't shown.

The more intelligent bunch on this and the other forum see right through it. As is usually the case, the results speak for themselves. RESULTS. Look it up.

ScorpionSkins.com
10-17-2013, 12:32 AM
The more intelligent bunch on this and the other forum see right through it. As is usually the case, the results speak for themselves. RESULTS. Look it up.

There's no need to start insulting other forum members when all they've done is request dyno information. It's a legitimate inquiry and I don't understand why it's turning into another pointless argument on these (and other) forums.

The request for a quantitative measurement of the performance benefits of the product at hand should not spoil the product for you.

trevc
10-17-2013, 08:51 AM
Armchair mechanics - missing all the real fun! :onthego:

ABARTH TAMER
10-17-2013, 09:00 AM
Armchair mechanics - missing all the real fun! :onthego:

So, is that Dyno or no Dyno?

trevc
10-17-2013, 09:05 AM
For me it is no Dyno. My experiences with RRM so far have been good and feedback from the beta testers musicsurf and gigante is gold for me.
Dyno's vary so much it seems - what I feel on the road and on the track is what is important to me.
Did Carlo Abarth publish dyno numbers??

So, is that Dyno or no Dyno?

ABARTH TAMER
10-17-2013, 09:14 AM
Great question: "Did Carlo Abarth post Dyno results?" Probably not. Not sure when the Dyno was invented.

Saw your reply to my post WTB piggyback. Interested in your TMC. Keep in touch.

BigT
10-17-2013, 09:56 AM
So how much boost does the current road race piggy back v2 hold? I don't remember anyone mentioning it in previous posts.

RoadRace
10-17-2013, 02:35 PM
Great question: "Did Carlo Abarth post Dyno results?" Probably not. Not sure when the Dyno was invented.

Saw your reply to my post WTB piggyback. Interested in your TMC. Keep in touch.

Going to stay out of this but I will say, I have many dynos. I want to do more. The dynos that are done are for research. Races and track days run are for research. Beta Testers are for research. Data logs with various devices (OBD2) are for research. Dynos for show can be done soon but this is only one ingredient to recipe that is carefully planned and researched. We do more testing and research than all of our competitors combined. If you like these things or like what you hear, please buy one. IF you are not yet satisfied, then wait or stay with what you have. People are making dyno sheets from air, misinforming people because of various reasons. This product does help take the TURBO FIATS to over 200 h.p. period. They need supporting, logical, matched components to help achieve this. Also drive-ability is key to your satisfaction. Everything we make is meant to work together and come as close as possible to what you would expect and want out of a car that is 95% street car. Why are we good at this? Many reasons but, we build rally cars for years and raced them to win after win. A rally car is the closest to what people expect in a street car with regards to power. Drag Racing experience and power is not what you want. All I can say is at this time media have the car, scheduled for almost everyday until Thanksgiving. I am not taking apart my car anytime soon to get a "NUMBER" I have the curves and I know I have 220+ h.p. and that is what I want and ideally what people want. Just know that we have the data to support our claims and I know the competition just wants to find a way to shoot at us because, all their products are a level below this one. I am not going to play into that pressure. I would rather just make less of you happier and faster for now.

ROAD/RACE

ABARTH TAMER
10-17-2013, 02:58 PM
On 10/13 there was a post from Road/Race stating Dyno results were forthcoming, was that not you?

luka
10-17-2013, 04:36 PM
Will this work for my 500T?if so, would I see the same h.p gains?

jflexe99
10-17-2013, 06:56 PM
I would love to know the gains between this and the original ECM on a stock Abarth.

For the overall delivery and smoothness between the two...power range? Much more broad power/smoother?

mneuman916
10-17-2013, 08:30 PM
There's no need to start insulting other forum members when all they've done is request dyno information. It's a legitimate inquiry and I don't understand why it's turning into another pointless argument on these (and other) forums.

The request for a quantitative measurement of the performance benefits of the product at hand should not spoil the product for you.

There is no reason for anyone to be insulted by my statement other than those who constantly clamor for dyno results only to take the opportunity to bash and call BS once posted. I have nothing against dyno results. I'd like to see them; I'm sure there are other members here who wouldn't mind seeing them. At the end of the day I'll take actual user experience feedback ANY day over a pretty graph chart. A dyno chart tells a part of the story, not the whole story.

I don't buy into the drama caused by those that don't even own a given product. RESULTS are more important to me than PROMISES.

ScorpionSkins.com
10-17-2013, 08:49 PM
There is no reason for anyone to be insulted by my statement other than those who constantly clamor for dyno results only to take the opportunity to bash and call BS once posted. I have nothing against dyno results. I'd like to see them; I'm sure there are other members here who wouldn't mind seeing them. At the end of the day I'll take actual user experience feedback ANY day over a pretty graph chart. A dyno chart tells a part of the story, not the whole story.

I don't buy into the drama caused by those that don't even own a given product. RESULTS are more important to me than PROMISES.

Keeping in mind that I maintain a neutral stance regarding the subject...

User experience is subjective. Dyno testing (while arguably not always consistent) is a quantitative means of measuring the results and performance change at hand. You claim not to buy into the drama, but your behavior is rather negative, slamming those who have asked for something rather reasonable. This isn't a question of challenging the claimed effects of the product at hand, it's a matter of having those effects measured on paper as opposed to just relying on opinions. It's really not that big a deal. RRM doesn't want to release dyno measurements, fine...but you can't expect people not to react with a healthy dose of skepticism and hesitance as a result.

mneuman916
10-17-2013, 09:52 PM
Keeping in mind that I maintain a neutral stance regarding the subject...

User experience is subjective. Dyno testing (while arguably not always consistent) is a quantitative means of measuring the results and performance change at hand. You claim not to buy into the drama, but your behavior is rather negative, slamming those who have asked for something rather reasonable. This isn't a question of challenging the claimed effects of the product at hand, it's a matter of having those effects measured on paper as opposed to just relying on opinions. It's really not that big a deal. RRM doesn't want to release dyno measurements, fine...but you can't expect people not to react with a healthy dose of skepticism and hesitance as a result.

With respect, I agree with "almost" everything you just said.

I've slammed no one other than the reoccurring trolls that seem to have it out for Road Race, for no other reason than to HAVE IT OUT FOR ROAD RACE. The innocents asking for dyno plots need not apply...

Let's get a couple things straight.

I was a Road Race doubter when I bought my Sport back at the end of 2011. Initially I purchased a non Road Race, competing intake because it was "cheaper" and in my mind at the time was a better choice. After several months of reading user experiences of the Road Race intake and reading tech articles about how and why a given intake can increase or DECREASE power, I started to pay attention to the thinking behind the Road Race intake (even though it had their share of haters).

Several months went by and I was fortunate enough to pick up a second hand Road Race intake from a fellow member for cheap. To say I was sold once installed is an understatement. My doubts were gone almost instantaneously, and that's no bull****. I had researched ON MY OWN before ever speaking with Road Race about the intake before I had my first conversation with them. This is why I say user experience trumps a dyno any day. When I finally first spoke with Rob about my recently installed intake there was nothing he said that surprised me. This is why I say user experience is paramount. Everything about our conversation only reinforced what I experienced and found on my own! The product WORKED as advertised, and DID exactly what they said it WOULD. It worked, I was happy, case closed.

I continued modifying my Sport with input from Rob and I was never disappointed with the results. As an aside, the Road Race rear sway bar for the standard 500 and Turbo is a MUST BUY. I say this because I ACTUALLY OWNED IT. Why is it such a hard sell when they bring something to market that works? Why always the argument when the results are there? This is my point and continuing source of frustration. The stuff works, and it works WELL!!! When I finally and unexpectedly traded my Sport for an Abarth, I actually dreaded the change. I knew it was going to cost some coin for upgrades, but I knew from experience who I was going to trust.

At the end of the day, I spend my money with Road Race because of no other reason than the products perform as advertised, and they perform to the standards they advertise. That's plenty good enough for me.

I didn't become a supporter because of a dyno plot, I did it because I experienced it for myself after solid recommendations.

Juair
10-17-2013, 11:21 PM
I would love to know the gains between this and the original ECM on a stock Abarth.

For the overall delivery and smoothness between the two...power range? Much more broad power/smoother?
+1

Abarth Phreak
10-18-2013, 01:03 AM
How about those Dodgers heh????

.......xyxwave

frank283
10-19-2013, 08:11 PM
Who cares about dyno numbers. If it makes your car faster it makes your car faster. Besides did yawl watch that video that thing ran like a skulked a$$ ape well worth the 799 in my opinion. Say what you want I know were im going to spend 799 come Monday. Now to see how it runs on a mostly stock car.

Juair
10-19-2013, 11:23 PM
Who cares about dyno numbers. If it makes your car faster it makes your car faster. Besides did yawl watch that video that thing ran like a skulked a$$ ape well worth the 799 in my opinion. Say what you want I know were im going to spend 799 come Monday. Now to see how it runs on a mostly stock car.

I like to see the dyno run before i putt 799$$ on a chip!!

ReconTopher
10-20-2013, 01:42 AM
It's ridiculous that a dyno still hasn't been put up on here. If a company makes a product that improves performance, then some type of validation should be shown that it works like they claim it does. It's pretty simple and common for parts manufacturers. Tack on a "results may vary" statement and get it done.

When a user throws up comments like "kicks ass", "pulls hard", "fastest thing I've ever driven"... that doesn't relate their experience to anyone other than themselves. I have no idea what a person has driven before or what their experience is for kicks ass. Their other car could be a Viper or a Civic Si. I can't visually tell a car is fast from a video other than being loud.

I just scrolled up and saw ScorpionSkins said basically the same thing I did, haha. This whole thing just makes me skeptical as to why a dyno hasn't been shown and for what reasons a company wouldn't provide one. Numerous people have offered to bring up their stock car and have a dyno done for before and after results.

ABARTH TAMER
10-20-2013, 09:46 AM
For most, this purchase is a result of a cost/benefit decision. An accurate Dyno of stock vs. $799 worth of improvement could be bad for business... Or not. It appears the decision has been made to sell the product based on the enthusiastic reports of the Beta testers.

frank283
10-20-2013, 04:46 PM
Well I don't think they put this on a car that was stock. How relevant is that to yawl and your build? Maybe after some time someone will post their own dyno runs. From what I've read the last piggy back from RRM is easily the best out there and now they have the Ultimate that's a step up from that how relevant is a dyno, your not going to get anything better. They may get something better down the road but I don't think that will happen anytime soon. It seems like there perfectly happy putting there product out there and letting it speak for its self. I just don't understand why people are complaining so much about one of the only companies that has show so much interest in our car I would hate to see them lose interest in doing business with us.

mneuman916
10-20-2013, 05:32 PM
I "should" be getting my box any day now and I may have a chance to dyno it soon. If for no other reason than my own curiosity and to compare with a couple local Abarths that just recently ran on the same dyno.

cy-clone33
10-20-2013, 05:44 PM
I talked to DC at RRMS he said units should be in this mon or tuesday

Abarth Five O
10-20-2013, 05:45 PM
Hope to get my box this week.

mneuman916
10-20-2013, 06:07 PM
I talked to DC at RRMS he said units should be in this mon or tuesday

If that's the case I may get it by next weekend! bigclap

VTEC Mini
10-20-2013, 07:19 PM
I look at it like this;

You have to look at the whole big picture and patience is a virtue. I have bought stuff from RRM and Madness and I like both groups of people and that Abarth is not the first car I have had that I have modified. I have dealt with all kinds of different after market suppliers and I have never taken any single one of them for their word 100% without some kind of proof. The same goes for reading reviews from the first batch of users or beta users. Here's why; It doesn't matter if it is car parts, buying a car, or even buying jock itch cream whoever is selling it is going to try to make it out to be the best thing on earth that you can't live without. Beta testers, I have found in the past, are usually people who are in tight with the suppliers who may or may not have a biased view or are so excited about the latest and greatest product they get the placebo effect going. Also, anything that might seem to give a little grunt and push is all subjective using a butt dyno and to gauge any gains by how much without any numbers is just a matter of opinion. One man’s 45HP gain is another man’s 15HP gain. Example; Right now I have a Marelli Power pedal on my Abarth with remote. I got it to remove that hesitation from lift off from a stop. Did it get rid of it? Yes and no. Did it make the car gain hoarse power and torque? No, but on #2 and #3 is sure does SEEM like it gained power in both areas. Do I think is worth the money I spent? No. That’s my point about not trusting butt dynos.

I know dynos are not by all means a perfect science. I know so many variables can affect a read out even down to time of day and what time of year, but it is something that is more accurate than ones butt and opinion. I have seen on these forums even when a supplier does post dyno's and graphs that is still not good enough for some people and they continue to beat the drum just to hear their own music. That crap gets old real quick. $800 is a lot of cash to fork over these days and before handing it over I want to see if such gains are possible. 220/ 260 is asking a lot out of these engines and such a feat is possible that is quite amazing and would be every bit worth it if it. I'm not saying that Rob and them at RRM are lying or stretching the truth but posting such info would pay dividends and ease doubts and concerns and is just basic business when making such claims. Also if the gains that were gained by what they claim were obtained by additional parts i.e., intake, exhaust, blankets etc. to work with their module, it would nice for that to be listed or the whole shooting match be put into a package deal to buy. That way it will make it easy for the customer that wants that type of power gain, and for those that don't have the other mods won’t get upset when they don't achieve the same results and then come on here ranting and raving claiming false advertisement and all the ugliness that goes with that. If RRM does post some dyno information I beg and plead for people to take it for what it is. Read the results, and make your own judgment whether this is something you want or not. Please don't continue hound and harass RRM or point out every little miniscule little thing you think is fowl. It is what it is. In that aspect I can see why they haven’t posted anything yet because they have been kicked several times in the lug nuts when they did post results.

So, when it comes to this kind of stuff I like to wait and see. I like to see more customer testimonials as these make their way to the general Fiat population and if they are great those reviews will make it here and if issues arrive they will also make their way here. I would like to see some dyno results from RRM too and I am sure they will get to it. If those pan out then I will be more than happy to buy one and that’s what I mean by the whole picture.

However, with that being said, something’s I would want to know other than Dyno's to show gains are: (some were asked but never answered)
1. Do you have to do the 80 mile learning period and why do you need it?
2. What are the gains with a stock motor? (No exhaust or intake)
3. If this is safe for the motor then why hasn't companies that have been around for a long time that have played with Abarths for years if not decades like MM and TMC not come up with such a device with such gains?
4. If the dynos have been done, why not post them?

I am not a RRM hater, I have bought stuff from them and when I did they went out of their way to help me for which I am most grateful. Just after years and years of buying car parts and accessories it has become second nature on something like this for me to need and want something more accurate than someone’s butt. I am also not bashing the testers and saying you’re in cahoots or anything like that either so please don't take it that way.

RoadRace
10-21-2013, 12:54 PM
Truth is that 1 guy was tight but a couple of them were not and one in fact was quite a skeptic and does not have a lot of RRM parts. Also though, no matter how tight anyone is, they have integrity so they do not lie or even exaggerate. People that write here on their own time etc..... just do not have time to make things up. Thnx

jflexe99
10-21-2013, 03:31 PM
Fact is a lot of people want dynos. No dyno=less sales simply.

If the chip that is 150 more than the older one does in fact produce more power and smoother powerband, people want some evidence to see before purchasing besides people saying its fast. Like mentioned before, ideas of fast vary person to person.

In the performance automotive industry, it is a given with any "added power device", be it a exhaust, intake, port & polish, people always insist on numbers. If a company can't provide the standard and what prospects want to see...That normally isn't a good indication in a lot of peoples eyes.

If the product is as good as everyone says, just schedule a quick dyno session, video record it, post it later that night and prove to us it is superior to all. You will have my money then :)

Sales@roadrace
10-21-2013, 04:32 PM
Hello everyone, DC here.

We will have the Ultimate ECM shipped to us by Wed, Thursday the latest. meaning we expect to have the Ultimate's in our hands by the end of this week or early next week.

Depending on how far you are from southern california, is just about how long the ECM's will take to get to you by the time we ship the ECM's. We will ship IMMEDIATELY once they arrive. They will include install instructions and some zip ties/double-sided tape for securing.

Thanks to all who have ordered. We look forward to your thoughts on this new box.

frank283
10-21-2013, 05:55 PM
Awesome just ordered mine. Cant wait to see how well it works.

SilverBane
10-22-2013, 01:04 AM
I like to see the dyno run before i putt 799$$ on a chip!!

I am in the same boat here. I have no problem that people say it feels faster, but if your potential purchasers are considering a purchase and they want to compare to say, the upcoming Tork tune, then a dyno is something that should be provided.

Is it really too much to ask for a dyno of a 800$ product??

I feel like I am in crazyland...

charliesheen
10-22-2013, 03:02 AM
I am in the same boat here. I have no problem that people say it feels faster, but if your potential purchasers are considering a purchase and they want to compare to say, the upcoming Tork tune, then a dyno is something that should be provided.

Is it really too much to ask for a dyno of a 800$ product??

I feel like I am in crazyland...

Agreed. it's a very reasonable request. Most people would never buy an $800 laptop based only on beta reviews and a description that basically reads "this new one is better than the old one". In order for me to purchase something, I need some sort of specs, some sort of a quantifiable comparison. whp/tq numbers from the chip alone are the only way I can think of. I understand that the performance is maximized when mated with other RRMS products, but the part alone is what's for sale here.

Vaejovis carolinanus aka lowconabarth
10-22-2013, 05:51 PM
I can not wait to get mine, I ordered it yesterday. Everything I have ordered from Road Race Motorsports in the past, I have been extremely happy with. I feel they have been a pioneer in the Abarth aftermarket products and I look forward to the future mods they bring out for our great little scorpion.

Abarth Five O
10-22-2013, 06:10 PM
Me too! Based on multiple reviews and customer satisfaction on R/R original ecm box and my first hand experience using their products, I have no doubt the Ultimate 3 will live up to all the hype and take my Abarth to the next level of performance. Holy cow, it's already a little monster! These are some exciting times for sure. Thanks R/R!

ReconTopher
10-22-2013, 07:06 PM
Agreed. it's a very reasonable request. Most people would never buy an $800 laptop based only on beta reviews and a description that basically reads "this new one is better than the old one". In order for me to purchase something, I need some sort of specs, some sort of a quantifiable comparison. whp/tq numbers from the chip alone are the only way I can think of. I understand that the performance is maximized when mated with other RRMS products, but the part alone is what's for sale here.

I agree and the last post I'm going to make on the topic. I understand RoadRace is fully in the Abarth community and they have a great reputation. The fact that they haven't shown a dyno only leads to me to consider purchasing from another company that I'm not familiar with at all, but at least I have an expectation of what is going to happen to my car when I install their product. Crazyland plus two.

SilverBane
10-22-2013, 08:11 PM
Also, it a little bit bugs me that RRM promised Dyno's and have not provided them. I have no ill will towards the company, and I like the look of many of their products, but it really bothers me that they are completely ignoring reasonable requests of potential customers.

Abarth Five O
10-22-2013, 10:50 PM
I agree and the last post I'm going to make on the topic. I understand RoadRace is fully in the Abarth community and they have a great reputation. The fact that they haven't shown a dyno only leads to me to consider purchasing from another company that I'm not familiar with at all, but at least I have an expectation of what is going to happen to my car when I install their product. Crazyland plus two.

You're in their neck of the woods. If I were you I would take a drive down to R/R and check them out, and see for yourself what they're all about. You will be pleasantly surprised.

ReconTopher
10-22-2013, 11:59 PM
You're in their neck of the woods. If I were you I would take a drive down to R/R and check them out, and see for yourself what they're all about. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Actually I am planning on going up to see them for their shin dig in mid November. I'm sure they're great.

Abarth Five O
10-23-2013, 01:03 AM
Actually I am planning on going up to see them for their shin dig in mid November. I'm sure they're great.
Great! I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun. Hope I can make it next year.

MAZ
10-23-2013, 09:33 AM
Did RRM ever release a chart (or any performance numbers?) from their last release 'RRM ECM'.
Please direct me if so.

I'm inquiring b/c I own a RRM ECM.

VTEC Mini
10-23-2013, 09:50 AM
Did RRM ever release a chart (or any performance numbers?) from their last release 'RRM ECM'.
Please direct me if so.

I'm inquiring b/c I own a RRM ECM.No, not yet.

MAZ
10-23-2013, 11:37 AM
No, not yet.
Didn't think so.

jflexe99
10-23-2013, 01:42 PM
I just want to see stock vs ECM dyno chart....so it gives everyone a better grasp of performance per dollar. We want dyno chart/comparisons!

RoadRace
10-23-2013, 01:51 PM
Again you will have dynos. As for other parts, they are all the parts on our site. I still must urge you to get our stuff. The recipe is ROCK solid. Remember the other parts are all the basic EXTERNAL BITs, intake , exhaust and others. Do not get into these silly parts like wastegates, FMIC (for now) and so on. It is just wasting money.

ROAD/RACE

Dukes2004
10-23-2013, 02:02 PM
Again you will have dynos. As for other parts, they are all the parts on our site. I still must urge you to get our stuff. The recipe is ROCK solid. Remember the other parts are all the basic EXTERNAL BITs, intake , exhaust and others. Do not get into these silly parts like wastegates, FMIC (for now) and so on. It is just wasting money.

ROAD/RACE

Can you expand on this a bit? In order, what mods would you do to this car?

shagghie
10-23-2013, 02:05 PM

ROAD/RACE

I know every car is different, but my experience was that the FMIC was one the single best mods I did in terms of less lag, and faster recovery between shifts, and also just the sheer fact that by doing the install, you remove 4 boost leak points found in the horrendous stock SMIC piping. Did you not notice any improvements in those departments when you installed your red FMIC on the SEMA car? Or, perhaps I'm missing your intended point about it being a waste of money?

+1 on the dyno chart request...if only because some of the other vendors are finally starting to come out with their own, and it's creating a key buying/decision point for us now to help differentiate value vs. max potential, etc. Thanks and keep up the great work!

musicsurf
10-23-2013, 02:35 PM
I will get my car on a dyno after I put on my FMIC and as soon as I have the time. As far as getting a stock car dyno'd with the ECM, I'm not going to put my car back to stock for that nor would I want to. I am sure the box will still work well on a stock car, but personally I would want the car to at least breath well if I am going to cram 23psi of air through the engine. It only makes sense that a FMIC, intake, and exhaust are going to allow the engine to take advantage of the added boost better. I was extremely skeptical about this box. I talked to Rob about it and was still skeptical as I was paying for it. I don't really want my ECU opened up unless I am getting a bigger turbo so I decided to give it a shot. I am honestly happy I did. It is a huge improvement over the box I had and I don't regret my decision at all. I am not a Road Race "fan boy". If you look at my mods listed in my sig, the box is the only RRM part I have on my car.

Abarth Five O
10-23-2013, 03:44 PM
Can you expand on this a bit? In order, what mods would you do to this car?

I give R/R a call and discuss your intentions and use of your car with them in order that they can recommend the appropriate mods to fit your goal and budget.

RoadRace
10-23-2013, 10:44 PM
Please direct me if so.

I'm inquiring b/c I own a RRM ECM.

I will post tomorrow.

RRM

modular
10-24-2013, 06:55 AM
What engine accessories are needed/suggested when using the Stage 3 version? I currently am running the R3T v2 intake and the SprintBooster.

10-24-2013, 07:57 AM
what engine accessories are needed/suggested when using the stage 3 version? I currently am running the r3t v2 intake and the sprintbooster.

as for other parts, they are all the parts on our site. I still must urge you to get our stuff.
Road/race

buy buy buy!

Dukes2004
10-24-2013, 09:11 AM
I give R/R a call and discuss your intentions and use of your car with them in order that they can recommend the appropriate mods to fit your goal and budget.

I'd rather this be answered publically. If someone were to have the intention of putting this ECM in the car, what mods does the distributor of this ECM recommend in and in which order to get the best return on investment? They are publically saying NOT to buy some mods. Honestly, it would be great if these kinds of things were packaged as a "performance package" with their recommended bolt-ons, supported with data of course.

Being a scientist, I live by the adage "In God we trust, all others must bring data"-Deming

modular
10-24-2013, 09:14 AM
buy buy buy!

Ummmmm, no. I really don't see having to purchase anything else. Any other products may possibly enhance the box but should not be needed.

redred
10-24-2013, 10:40 AM
As stated on page one of this thread:

RoadRace
10-24-2013, 12:41 PM
Everything is tuned with our products in support. Remember the engine is like an orchestra. Things work better when coupled with other mods. I talked to our Lab. They said things are a bit sensitive to the mods you choose. Translation, you will get better results if you run our RRM intake, exhaust, D.P. etc...... Oh yea. DYNO is done. Just need to scan it in.

ROAD/RACE

RoadRace
10-24-2013, 02:16 PM
We started a n new thread with dynos.

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?12379-ROAD-RACE-Ultimate-Tuner-DYNOS&p=635277#post635277

RoadRace
11-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Methanol Kit for Ultimate tuner is coming in 2 weeks. Again it is not needed but it is another key to the kingdom. Expect it shortly. oxes are shipping today. Getting our name on the box took a little longer than we though is all. Sorry for the delay. Please get this one because it will be set up for your car and your tune already. thnx

ROAD/RACE

mneuman916
11-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Shot of the screen printing.... came out nice!

Abarth Five O
11-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Nice, now go put it on and let us know how you like it. I'm still waiting for mine from USPS. They're a day late and counting. Service is waning due to the big deficit. :cussing:

mneuman916
11-07-2013, 09:08 PM
Nice, now go put it on and let us know how you like it. I'm still waiting for mine from USPS. They're a day late and counting. Service is waning due to the big deficit. :cussing:

It's on now; put it on last night. I should be able to hit the Sport button tomorrow morning... it was a painful drive back and forth to work while taking it easy today!

Abarth Five O
11-07-2013, 09:35 PM
It's on now; put it on last night. I should be able to hit the Sport button tomorrow morning... it was a painful drive back and forth to work while taking it easy today!
Great! Yeah. I know how it is, I've been w/o my MM boxes for over a week now and am getting withdrawal pains. :rofl:

mneuman916
11-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Great! Yeah. I know how it is, I've been w/o my MM boxes for over a week now and am getting withdrawal pains. :rofl:

I have much driving planned this weekend. I'll be posting my thoughts in a few days. Stay tuned. :-)

cy-clone33
11-07-2013, 10:43 PM
my unit is on its way,it will be my first ecu upgrade, I cant wait

Abarth Five O
11-08-2013, 01:36 AM
my unit is on its way,it will be my first ecu upgrade, I cant wait
You're definitely benefiting by getting the best/most powerful ecm box on the market at this time. I'm upgrading from the MM boxes and went through a long learning curve.

RoadRace
11-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Did anyone get theirs. Honestly the delay was worth it, why???? Because this batch got to benefit from a last minute fine tune that got you even MORE POWER and RESPONSE than the guy that already have it. Yes I said more power! We also have some interesting updates. Our Methanol Injection Kit will be ready next week. That means even MORE POWER. Hummmmm..... You have already seen the 250 h.p. numbers but that is just a gauge, lets say. This will get better and better.

RRM

RoadRace
11-08-2013, 10:50 PM
One great solution for mounting RRM Ultimate Tuner. This customer noted that the wiring was superior to anything he had seen and the plugs themselves are higher quality but then he can tell you himself.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5474/10751903903_f5c198900c_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/10751903903/)
ULTIMATEMOUNT (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/10751903903/) by ROCKHARD37 (http://www.flickr.com/people/roadrace/), on Flickr

ROAD/RACE

FTY
11-09-2013, 10:24 AM
http://www.eurocompulsion.net/AFRRRMULTIMA.jpg

Took this with Torque Pro last night on way into work. Empty road 4th gear full throttle 3400-5900RPMS. Ambient 43F.

frank283
11-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Oh Boy a few more days and Ill be getting mine. Cant wait

modular
11-09-2013, 07:24 PM
Yup, I'm going with this as well. Maybe the bad box I got of another brand is trying to tell me something.

Abarth Five O
11-09-2013, 10:18 PM
Finally received and installed mine today. Install was a piece of cake. Didn't have to remove my R/R CAI and HS, yay! The ease of install/removal of this unit is one of the main reasons why I bought it over a ecu flash tune. It's a great feature if I ever have to remove it before taking it in to the dealer for warranty servicing. The U3 is very compact and comes with high quality plugs which are easy to plug in and remove and a harness which is perfectly cut to the right length.
Tomorrow will be my 80 mile break in period. After that, I'll let her rip and provide my impressions.

Gigante
11-09-2013, 10:37 PM
[QUOTE=Abarth Five O;638136]Finally received and installed mine today. Install was a piece of cake. Didn't have to remove my R/R CAI and HS, yay! The ease of install/removal of this unit is one of the main reasons why I bought it over a ecu flash tune. It's a great feature if I ever have to remove it before taking it in to the dealer for warranty servicing. The U3 is very compact and comes with high quality plugs which are easy to plug in and remove and a harness which is perfectly cut to the right length.
Tomorrow will be my 80 mile break in period. After that, I'll let her rip and provide my impressions.[/QUOT

Awesome Five-0, your going to have a great time buddy. Engage the magic power button and let her rip - be safe but drive it like you stole it��.

Abarth67
11-09-2013, 10:41 PM
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1463557_10202264025902726_2049464223_n.jpg

I finally got mine today and installed it right away. I took it for a quick drive but have not done the 80 mile break in yet. Is that really needed? I'll report back later on my impressions. The installation was easy though, about 20 minutes and I was good to go.

Abarth Five O
11-09-2013, 11:10 PM
I finally got mine today and installed it right away. I took it for a quick drive but have not done the 80 mile break in yet. Is that really needed? I'll report back later on my impressions. The installation was easy though, about 20 minutes and I was good to go.

Nice pic! I totally forgot to take a pic of mine as I was too excited to install it, lol. R/R recommends the 80 mile break in period under 4k to give the ecu some time to learn the new tune and get the max perf out of the box. I know it's hard to wait, you just want to stab it. :banghead:

crazyirish
11-09-2013, 11:14 PM
Just ordered mine as well!

Gigante
11-09-2013, 11:25 PM
Just ordered mine as well!

Congrats crazyirish, your going to really enjoy the unleashed power provided by this box.��

VTEC Mini
11-10-2013, 05:56 AM
I'm going to have to hold off. My Abarth is to much of a POS and goes into the shop to much. It is is in again this time for the radiator. Maybe some day if I go two months with out needing a warranty repair I will get one.

trevc
11-10-2013, 09:15 AM
When I got home from the track yesterday evening mine was on the doorstep! Having to work today but hopefully I can get it installed tomorrow. Can't wait!

modular
11-10-2013, 10:08 AM
I am going to assume that the SprintBooster throttle box will not longer be needed in my car once I install this box? Should I just take it out at the same time I install the RRM?

modular
11-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Finally received and installed mine today. Install was a piece of cake. Didn't have to remove my R/R CAI and HS, yay! The ease of install/removal of this unit is one of the main reasons why I bought it over a ecu flash tune. It's a great feature if I ever have to remove it before taking it in to the dealer for warranty servicing. The U3 is very compact and comes with high quality plugs which are easy to plug in and remove and a harness which is perfectly cut to the right length.
Tomorrow will be my 80 mile break in period. After that, I'll let her rip and provide my impressions.

Still have to remove the battery & tray, right?

mneuman916
11-10-2013, 10:28 AM
Still have to remove the battery & tray, right?

Yes- they need to come out to access the sensor under the battery. In my case, I've had my battery and tray out 4 times now. This last time was by far the easiest. Either I'm getting the hang of it or I've finally knocked all the blue locktite off of the tray bolts, lol!

modular
11-10-2013, 10:49 AM
Would it be suggested that I remove the SprintBooster throttle box when i install the U3 box?

Long_John
11-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Have any of 500t questions been answered yet? yes it works and has been tested or yes it "should" work and "should" make "similar" power??
Im asuming since the 500t has a different ecu that it doesnt have as many tunning parameters?
I dont even care about dyno graphs right now. just want to know if its been tested and not assumed to work

Abarth Five O
11-10-2013, 01:51 PM
I sold both my MM ecm and PP box since the PP or SB is not really necessary to enjoy to full potential of the U3. I would run it first w/o the SB and then try it w/. It will come down to your personal preference and driving style. Actually, I don't have to totally remove the battery tray i.e. by removing a few zip ties from the cables I am able to lift it high enough to get to the boost sensor plug.

Abarth Five O
11-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Have any of 500t questions been answered yet? yes it works and has been tested or yes it "should" work and "should" make "similar" power??
Im asuming since the 500t has a different ecu that it doesnt have as many tunning parameters?
I dont even care about dyno graphs right now. just want to know if its been tested and not assumed to work

It has been tested by R/R and works on the T. Call them for more info and details. Another member, cy-clone33 has a T and recently purchased the U3.

mneuman916
11-10-2013, 01:57 PM
I'm probably in the minority here... but I'm tempted to try a pedal box to slightly desensitize the pedal in Sport mode. I would run Sport more often if the pedal were a bit more linear. I am fine with the pedal in non Sport... I just find the initial bite in Sport a little much when in traffic and taking it a bit easy.

modular
11-10-2013, 02:01 PM
I sold both my MM ecm and PP box since the PP or SB is not really necessary to enjoy to full potential of the U3. I would run it first w/o the SB and then try it w/. It will come down to your personal preference and driving style. Actually, I don't have to totally remove the battery tray i.e. by removing a few zip ties from the cables I am able to lift it high enough to get to the boost sensor plug.

Thanks for the feedback brother.

Abarth Five O
11-10-2013, 03:58 PM
I'm probably in the minority here... but I'm tempted to try a pedal box to slightly desensitize the pedal in Sport mode. I would run Sport more often if the pedal were a bit more linear. I am fine with the pedal in non Sport... I just find the initial bite in Sport a little much when in traffic and taking it a bit easy.

When I had the MM boxes on setting 1 or 2, while in sport mode it would be a bit jumpy to the touch on low throttle. Some drivers don't like that jerkiness and prefer smoother acceleration.

Abarth Five O
11-10-2013, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the feedback brother.

You're welcome!

modular
11-10-2013, 04:04 PM
Are there numbered adjustment levels on the U3 like other boxes?

11-10-2013, 04:06 PM
Does the RRM U3 act as an amp for drive by wire system like the MM pp?

mneuman916
11-10-2013, 04:10 PM
Are there numbered adjustment levels on the U3 like other boxes?

Non adjustable. Only one setting: Beast Mode.

musicsurf
11-10-2013, 04:15 PM

No, there are only connections to the MAP and boost sensors. The way the power is delivered rendered a pedal mod useless for me. I tried one with the box and found it only made the throttle twitchy.

mneuman916
11-10-2013, 04:17 PM

No, the RRM Ultimate ECU will not interact with the Power Pedal. It is a stand alone ECU piggyback that also has a separate harness to control meth/water injection.

modular
11-10-2013, 04:26 PM
Non adjustable. Only one setting: Beast Mode.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg47/Kaitlyn_Designer_x3/sweeeet.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/Kaitlyn_Designer_x3/media/sweeeet.jpg.html)

11-10-2013, 05:29 PM
No, there are only connections to the MAP and boost sensors. The way the power is delivered rendered a pedal mod useless for me. I tried one with the box and found it only made the throttle twitchy.

I was just wondering because with RRMv2 on the MM pp #1 setting I was very pleased with throttle and blown away with sport mode engaged. I bet I will toss and turn thinking of the postman delivering that package hopefully tomorrow.

musicsurf
11-10-2013, 05:42 PM
I was just wondering because with RRMv2 on the MM pp #1 setting I was very pleased with throttle and blown away with sport mode engaged. I bet I will toss and turn thinking of the postman delivering that package hopefully tomorrow.

I hate to be the one who tells you, but no mail tomorrow... Veteran's Day.

mneuman916
11-10-2013, 06:01 PM

11-10-2013, 06:13 PM

Damn, I forgot but thank God for our wonderful Vets

shagghie
11-10-2013, 06:19 PM

QOTD, Amen!

FTY
11-10-2013, 07:07 PM

Good outlook on things! +1

Abarth67
11-10-2013, 08:11 PM

Oh yeah. I missed the delivery and when I saw the note that the package would be at the post office, I decided to chase the postman down and try to find him. I was fortunate to find him and he gave me the package. Otherwise, it would have been Tuesday. Ugh.

Tweak
11-10-2013, 10:21 PM
Oh yeah. I missed the delivery and when I saw the note that the package would be at the post office, I decided to chase the postman down and try to find him. I was fortunate to find him and he gave me the package. Otherwise, it would have been Tuesday. Ugh.

Chased on foot or in the car...I assume the car. I can totally see you doing this though. :D

Abarth67
11-10-2013, 11:08 PM
Chased on foot or in the car...I assume the car. I can totally see you doing this though. :D

In the car. I was not sure which way they went so I went to the neighborhood to the left, then when he was not there, took a chance and went to the one on the right. There he was!

Lou Caputo
11-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Nice pic! I totally forgot to take a pic of mine as I was too excited to install it, lol. R/R recommends the 80 mile break in period under 4k to give the ecu some time to learn the new tune and get the max perf out of the box. I know it's hard to wait, you just want to stab it. :banghead:

Have you tried it yet? Any impressions you'd like to share? I'm considering this as my first mod, and I'd really like to see some first hand experience from a real world user. I was going to go with a MM ecu, based on their relationship with Fiat, but this puppy has me intrigued. I saw a bunch of people got their's a few days ago...anyone?

Tweak
11-11-2013, 10:47 AM
In the car. I was not sure which way they went so I went to the neighborhood to the left, then when he was not there, took a chance and went to the one on the right. There he was!

Being up on that hill you have a nice view to track him down if he is still close, glad you found him, awaiting more opinions and reviews since it seems many received there units at about the same time. :cool:

Abarth67
11-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Thoughts on the new RRM box...
So far I am pleased with the feel of the new box. I have not really had a chance to unleash and really try it out but it feels smooth and powerful. I really liked the MM box and even though this is an improvement, I feel that I may not get the same giddy feeling I did when I went from stock to MM power. That was such a night and day difference. I think this is going to be an improvement but I doubt I will get the same feeling. I will report back once I have been able to really feel the power. Stay tuned.

http://brettspic.smugmug.com/photos/i-nbrH9XJ/0/XL/i-nbrH9XJ-XL.jpg

Lou Caputo
11-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the initial impression. Going from stock to the RRM, should absolutely blow my mind then!

Abarth Five O
11-11-2013, 05:22 PM
Have you tried it yet? Any impressions you'd like to share? I'm considering this as my first mod, and I'd really like to see some first hand experience from a real world user. I was going to go with an MM ecu, based on their relationship with Fiat, but this puppy has me intrigued. I saw a bunch of people got their's a few dats ago...anyone?

Completed the 80 mile break in period yesterday and stabbed it a few times in sport mode on and esc off and all I can say is WOW!!. Coming from the MM boxes, I immediately noticed the U3 really pulls more linear and smooth to red line w/o the surgy feeling of the MM boxes. The boost is more consistent up to peak boost level of around 20 psi, based on the inaccurate oem gauge. I still have to take it out on many more spirited runs and data log more accurate readings on my DC. Bottom line: I'm glad I made the switch, very pleased w/ the improved performance, and feel a lot safer and assured about running this piggyback on my motor over the long haul. Thanks Rob and R/R for bringing another great product to the community! beerchug

Lou Caputo
11-11-2013, 05:59 PM
Wow that sounds great. It's really helpful that you've also tried the MM, because that was the other ECM I was considering. Please share your impressions as you get to spend more "quality time" with the RRM. Thanks!

modular
11-11-2013, 06:30 PM
This weekend can't come fast enough!!! So glad I opted for this unit.

Abarth Five O
11-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Wow that sounds great. It's really helpful that you've also tried the MM, because that was the other ECM I was considering. Please share your impressions as you get to spend more "quality time" with the RRM. Thanks!
Will do and you're welcome. R/R has really done a lot of R&D, tuning, testing, and track time in the production of their original box and now this one, the U3, and it really shows. By having this box, I am the beneficiary of their vast experience, huge investment in R&D and resources, and countless hours of testing their products in real driving situations, including track time and notable racing events, such as the Silver State Challenge in which they placed 3rd in their class against Vettes, etc. and had the highest trap speed of 114 mph. That's impressive!

mneuman916
11-11-2013, 08:20 PM
I thought I would share a few brief thoughts I have about the Ultimate tuner now that I have put a few hundred miles on it.

I can certainly say that this thing does exactly what they say it does. The power delivery is ridiculously smooth and it's full on all the way up to red line. It pulls and pulls and simply does not let off. I'm coming from a TMC unit and I'm glad I got to experience the difference between the two. I'm not knocking the TMC for what it is (it's certainly a healthy improvement over stock) but the Ultimate is a heavy layer of icing on an already awesome cake. The refinement and extra power in the Ultimate are extremely apparent and my doubts were overshadowed by extreme excitement when I finally laid the hammer down. It's damned difficult to accelerate from a stop quickly (with ESC off) without burning out in first and second gear. With ESC on I notice the ESC light flashing at me happily under heavy load in low gears. I didn't have that with the TMC. Thanks to the ATM boost gauge measuring ACTUAL boost I can see that boost goes straight to 19, quickly to 20 and then 21 and HOLDS all the way up. Chrisnov500, Kurumi, Haring, Gigante and I are trying to plan a dyno day locally and we will be able to compare "real world Abarths" with different varying mods back to back. This could get very interesting and I hope that we can put it together soon!

Here is a shot of my install with custom mounting bracket. I found the wiring harness was of perfect length to route properly (the TMC was so long I had to loop it under the battery) and the connectors snapped together with authority. All in all I found the built quality to be top notch. I looped the extra accessory harness and tucked it behind the box until I expand to water/meth injection in the future. I'll provide more feedback as I gain experience with the box; for now I can say I LOVE this thing! Happy motoring!

11-11-2013, 08:26 PM
I like your mounting bracket where can I get that, or what are the materials I need to make one?

RoadRace
11-11-2013, 08:29 PM
Not sure what you mean by AMP. Just for FYI though. Run the box in SPORT MODE, That is where you get the most amazing driving experience.

ROAD/RACE

RoadRace
11-11-2013, 08:32 PM
I thought I would share a few brief thoughts I have about the Ultimate tuner now that I have put a few hundred miles on it.

I can certainly say that this thing does exactly what they say it does. The power delivery is ridiculously smooth and it's full on all the way up to red line. It pulls and pulls and simply does not let off. I'm coming from a TMC unit and I'm glad I got to experience the difference between the two. I'm not knocking the TMC for what it is (it's certainly a healthy improvement over stock) but the Ultimate is a heavy layer of icing on an already awesome cake. The refinement and extra power in the Ultimate are extremely apparent and my doubts were overshadowed by extreme excitement when I finally laid the hammer down. It's damned difficult to accelerate from a stop quickly (with ESC off) without burning out in first and second gear. With ESC on I notice the ESC light flashing at me happily under heavy load in low gears. I didn't have that with the TMC. Thanks to the ATM boost gauge measuring ACTUAL boost I can see that boost goes straight to 19, quickly to 20 and then 21 and HOLDS all the way up. Chrisnov500, Kurumi, Haring, Gigante and I are trying to plan a dyno day locally and we will be able to compare "real world Abarths" with different varying mods back to back. This could get very interesting and I hope that we can put it together soon!

Here is a shot of my install with custom mounting bracket. I found the wiring harness was of perfect length to route properly (the TMC was so long I had to loop it under the battery) and the connectors snapped together with authority. All in all I found the built quality to be top notch. I looped the extra accessory harness and tucked it behind the box until I expand to water/meth injection in the future. I'll provide more feedback as I gain experience with the box; for now I can say I LOVE this thing! Happy motoring!

Call us and we will set you up with a Zeitronix. It is the most amazing unit. Call us for sure. Glad you are pleased with the ULTIMATE.

mneuman916
11-11-2013, 08:34 PM
I like your mounting bracket where can I get that, or what are the materials I need to make one?

Thanks! To put it simply, I bought a piece of flat aluminum stock at Home Depot, cut a short section, bent it in the shape of an "L" and drilled some holes in it. At the end of the day there really isn't much to it, but it's really sturdy and works well! It attaches to the existing bolt in front of the battery. I could make these things pretty cheap and sell them, but the shipping kinda kills it.

Abarth Five O
11-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Alternatively, I have my U3 hidden inconspicuously on the back of the ecu with Velcro, out of harms way from extreme heat, moisture (I also have the R/R AC CF hood vents), and minor front end collisions. I had the same set up with my previous MM unit. A true "piggy back" so to say. It worked nicely. I look forward to seeing how the meth injection kit sets up with the U3 to see if this is the best location.

mneuman916
11-11-2013, 09:45 PM
Alternatively, I have my U3 hidden inconspicuously on the back of the ecu with Velcro, out of harms way from extreme heat, moisture (I also have the R/R AC CF hood vents), and minor front end collisions. I had the same set up with my previous MM unit. A true "piggy back" so to say. It worked nicely. I look forward to seeing how the meth injection kit sets up with the U3 to see if this is the best location.

I spent a chuck o' change, I gotta display it, lol!

Abarth Five O
11-11-2013, 10:08 PM
I spent a chuck o' change, I gotta display it, lol!

Matt, it'll def be noticed and score some points in a car show! Hmm...with the AG mini battery I suppose I could mount it anywhere in that new found space.

mneuman916
11-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Matt, it'll def be noticed and score some points in a car show! Hmm...with the AG mini battery I suppose I could mount it anywhere in that new found space.

Congrats on that, that's another chunk o' change! LOL!

Lou Caputo
11-11-2013, 11:25 PM
I'm sure everyone has seen this by now, but I thought it would be helpful to have all of this in one thread. Jay Leno driving the RRM Abarth. He doesn't talk specifically about the ECM, but he does seem to be giddy with the improved power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJbQ-MDVDuA

FTY
11-12-2013, 12:22 AM
Chrisnov500, Kurumi, Haring, Gigante and I are trying to plan a dyno day locally and we will be able to compare "real world Abarths" with different varying mods back to back. This could get very interesting and I hope that we can put it together soon!

This is very cool..looking forward to this!

shadyabarth
11-12-2013, 12:19 PM
My Ultimate piggyback has been at home for almost a week and I have been away on business..Can't wait until I get home to install it this weekend!!! Any Abarth owners here in Atlanta?

RoadRace
11-12-2013, 01:08 PM
My Ultimate piggyback has been at home for almost a week and I have been away on business..Can't wait until I get home to install it this weekend!!! Any Abarth owners here in Atlanta?

Get that in there. Love to see you smile.

ROAD/RACE

modular
11-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Most unfortunate news for me.......seems RR won't be getting their mitts on the next batch of U3's till the end of this week. Me no have mine for an install this weekend.

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae31/sizthediz/sad_face.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/sizthediz/media/sad_face.jpg.html)

11-12-2013, 02:17 PM
I just got an Email from USPS saying it was out for delivery. I am going to go ahead and pull the battery box and such to have it ready for the postman to deliver.

shadyabarth
11-12-2013, 02:32 PM
Get that in there. Love to see you smile.

ROAD/RACE

Oh trust me..it will be the first thing I do once I get home!!!!

Abarth Five O
11-12-2013, 03:10 PM
Most unfortunate news for me.......seems RR won't be getting their mitts on the next batch of U3's till the end of this week. Me no have mine for an install this weekend.

No worries, it'll be worth the wait. :encouragement:

modular
11-12-2013, 03:16 PM
Your not helping. This thing will fix the only thing that bugs me about this car and I want it GONE!!! Like NOW!!! LOL

Like a kid at Xmas I am.

frank283
11-12-2013, 06:57 PM
Just got mine!!!! Oh boy.