PDA

View Full Version : So A stock Honda Fit tried to race me today....

rallyesports
10-08-2013, 03:50 PM
... tried to over take my Abarth and the rest is history...

did know what the dude was smoking....LMAO

Abarth Five O
10-08-2013, 04:04 PM
What an idiot. The Fit is so underpowered at 117 hp but cheap. My wife wanted one, but I think I convinced her to consider the Ford Fiesta ST w/ 197 hp and 6 speed manual trans which is what she wants, although it is pricier at approx. $7k - $8k more.

elorablue
10-08-2013, 04:36 PM
... tried to over take my Abarth and the rest is history...

did know what the dude was smoking....LMAO

Race you? Or was he just trying to pass you

rallyesports
10-08-2013, 04:38 PM
Race you? Or was he just trying to pass you

he can't

chrisnov500
10-08-2013, 05:23 PM
bahahahahaha.. he cant..

charliesheen
10-08-2013, 06:50 PM
LOL. I was slowly passing a 4Runner yesterday, and when we were side by side, he gunned it (his wife was in the car, so I guess he was tryin to show off). Several SUVs/Minivans have tried to race before, and I usually don't react, but this time I went for it, and proceeded to destroy him. I don't know what it is, but it seems like people see a small car with stripes, and they assume its extremely slow.

shadyabarth
10-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Just make sure the Fit doesn't have a K series swap....I'm just saying...

rallyesports
10-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Just make sure the Fit doesn't have a K series swap....I'm just saying...
what? a motor swap?

lammie200
10-08-2013, 07:28 PM
...Several SUVs/Minivans have tried to race before, and I usually don't react, but this time I went for it, and proceeded to destroy him. I don't know what it is, but it seems like people see a small car with stripes, and they assume its extremely slow.

I get the same thing. "So your engine is more than 2x larger than mine. You go faster. You burn through your tank showing off. Joke's on you."

The best ones are the ones that try something on freeway ramps. "I corner a lot better than you. Bye-bye."

FTY
10-08-2013, 07:38 PM
I get the same thing. "So your engine is more than 2x larger than mine. You go faster. You burn through your tank showing off. Joke's on you."

The best ones are the ones that try something on freeway ramps. "I corner a lot better than you. Bye-bye."

My favorite is the lead into a corner at full tilt....then watch the firework show as the tough guy plays in the sand trap... :)

shadyabarth
10-08-2013, 07:50 PM
what? a motor swap?

Yup..

djhace
10-08-2013, 11:55 PM
hah. nice.

got a few m3's go wild due to the noise level of my aaaaahbart. hah.

msjulie33
10-09-2013, 12:31 AM

Even I can beat them :) Actually that's a bit more fun than straight line 'cause usually it's some huge thing tailgating me and then bye-bye..

chrisnov500
10-09-2013, 03:11 AM
Even I can beat them :) Actually that's a bit more fun than straight line 'cause usually it's some huge thing tailgating me and then bye-bye..

This!! :D

BigT
10-09-2013, 08:22 AM
I dunno what the deal is with prius owners but every time I am next to one at a light they gun it... I just shake my head an laugh.

krayzielilsmoki
10-09-2013, 10:42 AM
I dunno what the deal is with prius owners but every time I am next to one at a light they gun it... I just shake my head an laugh.

This happened to me yesterday! I didn't believe it ! haha he took off pretty quick too

Felnus
10-09-2013, 12:45 PM
This happened to me yesterday! I didn't believe it ! haha he took off pretty quick too

The Prius has a decent amount of torque from the electric motor from a standstill. This has happened to me on several occasions. After talking to an owner of one at work, I think the issue is that the base 500 gets nearly as many mpg and we get to drive a great looking car instead of the auto enthusiasts equivalent of a cone of shame.

I can deal with them trying to salve their wounded pride by gunning it from a light. What really gets me steamed is when they intentionally drive in the left lane next to a slow moving vehicle in the right lane and have traffic backed up for a quarter mile behind them. All the while, I'm sure they are thinking, "Isn't this wonderful, I'm stopping all these people from wasting gas! Aren't I wonderful?"

Makes me want to install a rocket launcher on the 500. Sadly, I'll have to settle for one of these:

http://grfxpstore.com/store/product/885037225

To sum up, I'm not a fan of most Prius owners.

ReconTopher
10-09-2013, 02:04 PM
I love how you can read the minds of all the Prius drivers. Any person that drives weird would do it in any car, doesn't matter the brand.
Sweeping generalizations are so much fun! I would imagine they were driving the speed limit in the left lane.

Felnus
10-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Oh nevermind. Simply not worth it.

Rubescent
10-10-2013, 11:11 PM
I love my Fit, but I'd never try to race someone in it. That's what I have the Abarth for :friendly_wink: