PDA

View Full Version : Few random questions

Trystane
10-04-2013, 11:22 AM
Hopefully someone here has encountered the same questions I have and has some answers :)

1: On the external door handle there is a lever in the inside of the handle. What's the point of this? My initial thought was keyless entry but that doesn't seem to be true.

2: Has anyone tried lifting up the driver wiper? I can lift up the passenger side no problem but the driver side hits against the engine cover and wants to scrape along the plastic

3: Same thing with the rear wiper. I can't seem to lift that wiper at all even though the manual says it has to be lifted to swap out the blade

ScorpionSkins.com
10-04-2013, 12:08 PM
I can answer #3 for you...

3: Same thing with the rear wiper. I can't seem to lift that wiper at all even though the manual says it has to be lifted to swap out the blade
The rear wiper has a cover at its base with two concealed clips, it's quite easy to unclip, so you don't need to apply too much pressure. You have to reach under on both sides of the cover and press/pull the cover outwards to the sides. The cover will flip up and allow full motion of the rear wiper away from the glass. After you're done, you can place the wiper back down and the cover will clip right back into place.

Trystane
10-04-2013, 12:16 PM
That makes perfect sense. I kind of figured it had to be something along those lines but I didn't care to fiddle with it too much in the blowing wind. Thanks!

n00dle
10-04-2013, 02:31 PM
1: The inside lever releases the locking mechanism to enable the door handle to open the door. Try pulling on the silver piece only and you'll see that it doesn't open the door.

2: The driver side wiper can only be lifted fully with the hood open.

3: The rear wiper can't be lift even with the plastic guard removed, I've tried. The only way is to remove the nut and pull it off. Even with the wiper removed from the car you can see that the rear wiper is not designed to pivot like the 500's rear wiper. If anyone figures out otherwise please post up.

ScorpionSkins.com
10-04-2013, 04:51 PM
3: The rear wiper can't be lift even with the plastic guard removed, I've tried. The only way is to remove the nut and pull it off. Even with the wiper removed from the car you can see that the rear wiper is not designed to pivot like the 500's rear wiper. If anyone figures out otherwise please post up.

Hmm. I apologize if this is the case. I had assumed it would be the same (or similar) mechanism as on the standard 500.

n00dle
10-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Hmm. I apologize if this is the case. I had assumed it would be the same (or similar) mechanism as on the standard 500.
I'm hoping it's not the case, because It's really annoying that the rear wiper can't be raised like the 500's. In order to replace the wiper blade the arm has to be removed. Hopefully someone can prove otherwise.

Fiat500USA
10-04-2013, 08:10 PM
I'm hoping it's not the case, because It's really annoying that the rear wiper can't be raised like the 500's. In order to replace the wiper blade the arm has to be removed. Hopefully someone can prove otherwise.

This is what I've come up with to change the rear blade.

Lift the rear wiper arm to raise the wiper blade and element off of the liftgate glass.
To remove the wiper blade from the wiper arm, grasp the end of the blade nearest to the motor output shaft, then rotate it out from under the arm far enough to access the blade pivot pin engaged within the latch features from under the end of the arm.
Using a small screwdriver or another suitable tool, carefully pry the wiper blade pivot pin to unsnap it from the latch features of the wiper arm.
Gently lower the tip of the wiper arm onto the glass

To take off the arm, remove the nut and give the arm a litle wiggle while you pull it off. Reverse the procedure to install but note: The rear wiper arm must be indexed to the rear wiper motor output shaft with the motor in the park position to be properly installed. Position the wiper arm pivot end onto the motor output shaft so that the tip of the wiper blade is aligned with the wiper alignment mark, which is a horizontal T mark located within the upper margin of the blackout area at the bottom of the liftgate glass.