PDA

View Full Version : audio from my android via Bluetooth?

sirjoe
10-03-2013, 05:50 PM
I cant seem to get this done. Is it possible?

banzaitoyota
10-03-2013, 06:39 PM
I use Pandora and a Bluetooth adapter

sirjoe
10-03-2013, 09:49 PM
Yeah, I was hoping blue&me would do. But ,unless I am missing something, adapter is the way

Haring
10-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Yeah you'll need a bluetooth adapter for android. It's the one thing I miss about my iphone.

Brisal73
10-04-2013, 09:15 PM
http://youtu.be/No2aoFmjGE0

Tweak
10-04-2013, 09:17 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the helpful link.

SanDiegoDana
10-13-2013, 08:03 PM
The short answer (is there a B&M FAQ somewhere?) is that Audio streaming over bluetooth is NOT supported. The "only" way to make it work reliably is to purchase an A2DP USB (bluetooth streaming audio) adapter and plug that in instead of an iPod/MP3 player/etc.

Which sucks, but while the car is a 2013 model year, the B&M is NOT a 2013 model year (technology level, anyways).

sirjoe
10-16-2013, 11:03 PM
The short answer (is there a B&M FAQ somewhere?) is that Audio streaming over bluetooth is NOT supported. The "only" way to make it work reliably is to purchase an A2DP USB (bluetooth streaming audio) adapter and plug that in instead of an iPod/MP3 player/etc.

Which sucks, but while the car is a 2013 model year, the B&M is NOT a 2013 model year (technology level, anyways).

Absolutely. I am thoroughly enjoying the car. I have no range anxiety, even with my 50 mile range. I usually have about 1/3 battery left. It's fun and good looking. But, the one thing that is disappointing is the radio/technology in it. I bought the USB adapter and it works intermittently. Even blue & me only works intermittently. I am using a fairly common phone (gs 2) so don't think it's my phone. Bluetooth works off and on...really disappointed in this area. They need better software and a large lcd screen (not the snap in navi). This is not minor for me, I guess not a big deal for some. I enjoy listening to downloaed content from phone...I hope they release updates as needed...

nathan_h
10-27-2013, 01:34 AM
Absolutely. I am thoroughly enjoying the car. I have no range anxiety, even with my 50 mile range. I usually have about 1/3 battery left. It's fun and good looking. But, the one thing that is disappointing is the radio/technology in it. I bought the USB adapter and it works intermittently. Even blue & me only works intermittently. I am using a fairly common phone (gs 2) so don't think it's my phone. Bluetooth works off and on...really disappointed in this area. They need better software and a large lcd screen (not the snap in navi). This is not minor for me, I guess not a big deal for some. I enjoy listening to downloaed content from phone...I hope they release updates as needed...

I suspect this may not be upgradable. And even if they used a chip that can do AD2P, I'd still be surprised if they offered an update.

That said, I'd welcome it, just like you.

For now, since I like to charge my phone while driving anyway, a second cord into the aux jack solves the problem for me, though in a somewhat unsightly manner.

chronoguy
11-30-2013, 02:47 AM
Really, this blows. Are there are USB dongles that support APT-X codec? AD2P is very low quality. I don't mind so much but as someone said, this is 2013. My wife makes fun of my car now; cause her's pretty much cost the same with almost 10x more amenities.

rcboosted
11-30-2013, 03:36 AM
I use a Samsung HS3000 for APT-x. Got it on ebay since most stores stop carrying it. I was in the same boat as you before, looking for a high quality bluetooth adapter. I was surprised how people are raving about some BT adapters when it only supports AD2P and totally sounds like crap. I tried Avantree products as well, but they seem to be incompatible with my Note 2. The sound would cut out all the time. With the HS3000, I would get cut out only if I also have blue & me connected. Since I don't really use B&M, i deleted my connection to my phone.

Here's one on ebay. although it says it's new without box.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-HS3000-Clip-On-Bluetooth-Stereo-Headset-Headphones-/350919281754?pt=Bluetooth_Wireless_Products&hash=item51b46b4c5a

fiatgojo
03-04-2014, 03:06 AM
This apparently has apt-x feature: I have the 25$ one, but I just ordered this usb direct connected one. I'm hoping it will turn on/off automatically when the car is on/off. The current one needs to be manually turned on.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00GX71GNO?cache=c138be6ba5e2c579e9c7d6df08307a69# ref=mp_s_a_1_1&qid=1393916475&sr=8-1