PDA

View Full Version : Custom way to place, charge your phone and connect to Headunit (AppRadio)

mono98
10-03-2013, 10:51 AM
Hello FIAT world!

After browsing on the internet many ways to place mi phone, I did not found a good way to do it. so I came with my own idea.
is pretty simple, just need time and be handy with all this small custom made jobs.
now I can charge my phone and use it on my Pioneer radio as AppRadio at the same time :D

I just wanted to share this with you guys, I hope you liked it and have an idea to do it yourselfs

Thanks

ReconTopher
10-03-2013, 11:35 AM
Cool idea, but I need my drink holders! :) Plus I change my music a lot and would be worried about looking down for too long. I know you have appradio :)
How do you like the A/C output on the custom stereo kit?

mono98
10-03-2013, 11:48 AM
Cool idea, but I need my drink holders! :) Plus I change my music a lot and would be worried about looking down for too long. I know you have appradio :)
How do you like the A/C output on the custom stereo kit?

Thanks! ;) I never use my drink holders lol. I can control the music with my steering wheel or from the radio.

The flow is the same, or almost, I sealed the imperfections with hot glue, but... you just can set it up in one direction, it sucks! more in this hot weather that i like the air blowing on my face! lol, you just can tilt up and down and up till the middle. i can't wait till someone come up with a better version of this dash kit.

by the way horrible quality. the vents come apart just with touching them but that is the only dash kit in the market. no other options. and really expensive!! this is a 20 bucks dash kit with a tag price of 200 dollars!! :miserable:

Thanks

djhace
10-03-2013, 05:14 PM
i put it in the net, in the side. works for me.

still, that's pretty neat.

ReconTopher
10-03-2013, 07:33 PM
I probably shouldn't use my drink holders either, always filled with starbucks or milkshakes, haha. Really cool headunit, thanks for responding.

I keep thinking about adding that kit but I just got that cd player phone holder, so I'll have to live with that as an option for awhile.

streetsurfer
10-04-2013, 12:57 AM
How funny. The very next thread I read after leaving this one was on a motorcycle site, showing this mount for phones. But check the car the page uses in their ad. Had you considered anything like this?

http://www.rammount.com/Products/XGripMounts/tabid/4687/Default.aspx

mono98
10-04-2013, 04:56 AM
I probably shouldn't use my drink holders either, always filled with starbucks or milkshakes, haha. Really cool headunit, thanks for responding.

I keep thinking about adding that kit but I just got that cd player phone holder, so I'll have to live with that as an option for awhile.

at the end is a really expensive mod, you wont spend less than 1000usd with a good head unit not the best. :S

DS Ocampo
10-28-2013, 01:33 AM
Before my iPhone update I couldn't connect to the car... Now it streams just fine... The blue tooth will start to stream for a brief second but then shut off... Anyone else notice that??

jennburr
11-14-2013, 12:44 PM
How hard is it to remove the center to go under the cup holder? I have a 500 pop and would like to do this with my charging and media cord.