PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else experience this issue?

BigT
10-03-2013, 08:42 AM
So the other day I was backing out of a parking spot and after coming to a full stop put it into gear started to drive forward turned the wheel and felt like a thump through the steering wheel thought nothing of it thought it might have just been in imperfection my APT parking lot as it has quite a few low spots. Went to the gym was leaving the gym and noticed it again at the same point after backing out going to take off and while straightening the car out. I had a similar issue on a previous car but that was related to one of the front struts having gone back. With my car not even being at 8k miles a strut going bad already seem a bit crazy. So has anyone else had this issue?

trevc
10-03-2013, 10:01 AM
Sounds like it may be the intermediate steering shaft - search for threads relating to that.
20 minute fix for the studio once they have the part.

BigT
10-06-2013, 08:08 AM
Thanks Trev found some other threads and what was described in those sounds exactly like what I'm having happen. Looks like I'll be giving the local studio a ring on Monday to see if they can squeeze it in on Friday to take a look.