PDA

View Full Version : Formula 1 has three races in October, this weekend in KOREA

Robert Nixon
10-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Korea this weekend, Japan the following, then one week off and India on Oct 27th.

Can anyone stop Vettel? Will Massa end up with a ride next year?

Will Williams, Marussia, or Caterham score any more points?

According to TV Racer.com and NBCSN website http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCGrid.do?aid=nbcsports , we will get coverage on NBC Sports Channel as follows, times in Eastern:

Friday Oct 4th 1am First Practice
7pm qualifying? (not sure this is correct)

Saturday Oct 5th 1am-2:30am Qualifying
7:30pm qualifying re-run

Sunday Oct 6th 1:30am Pre-Race Show
2:00am Race
5:30pm Race re-run

abarth&911
10-05-2013, 05:12 PM
Vettel on the pole again.... At this point we have to hope for mechanical failure for him to not finish 1st.
I will put Alonso to finish 2nd again and Hamilton 3rd.

Robert Nixon
10-06-2013, 04:28 AM
Some unusuL things in the race but agIn Vettel leads the entire race. Bad luck for Webber again but 2nd and 3rd fot Lotus

JoeB
10-06-2013, 05:20 AM
A Jeep on the track certainly qualifies as unusual ;)
A stonking drive by Hulkenberg.

Robert Nixon
10-09-2013, 10:26 AM
F1 Grand Prix from Japan coming up this weekend, another bunch of middle of the night broadcasts of live coverage on NBC Sports Channel, all times are Eastern.

I noticed that on Sunday they are re-broadcasting ALL the qualifying, pre-race, race, and post race shows straight from 11:30am-4pm, so that is pretty cool for folks that like to sleep at night or don't have video recording going on!

Friday Oct 11 1:00am-2:30am Practice
Saturday Oct 12 1:am-2:30am Qualifying
Sunday Oct 13 1:30am Pre Race show
2:00am-4:00am Race
4:00am F1 Extra
11:30am-4:00pm Qualifying, pre, Race, F1 Extra RERUNS

Unfortunately I don't see anyone getting near Vettel, after last week in Korea where Hamilton was on front row and did absolutely nothing. Other than seeing if Webber's car can catch fire for a 3rd race in a row, or if Lotus will announce Hulkenberg (or maybe Massa) as their driver for next year, the highlight of the weekend might be pulling out a copy of the movie "Senna" and reliving the duels he had with Alan Prost in Japan with various versions of one forcing the other off the track to win the world championship. Lots of drama at Japan in the past, hope to have more this weekend.

and in the long-shot category, I'm still hoping for Williams and Caterham and Marussia to get into the top ten and score some points! Beyond that, maybe even a McLaren podium for the first time this year would be nice as they continue to mark their 50th year in racing.

500ways
10-09-2013, 12:27 PM
F1 Grand Prix from Japan coming up this weekend, another bunch of middle of the night broadcasts of live coverage on NBC Sports Channel, all times are Eastern.

I noticed that on Sunday they are re-broadcasting ALL the qualifying, pre-race, race, and post race shows straight from 11:30am-4pm, so that is pretty cool for folks that like to sleep at night or don't have video recording going on!

Friday Oct 11 1:00am-2:30am Practice
Saturday Oct 12 1:am-2:30am Qualifying
Sunday Oct 13 1:30am Pre Race show
2:00am-4:00am Race
4:00am F1 Extra
11:30am-4:00pm Qualifying, pre, Race, F1 Extra RERUNS

Unfortunately I don't see anyone getting near Vettel, after last week in Korea where Hamilton was on front row and did absolutely nothing. Other than seeing if Webber's car can catch fire for a 3rd race in a row, or if Lotus will announce Hulkenberg (or maybe Massa) as their driver for next year, the highlight of the weekend might be pulling out a copy of the movie "Senna" and reliving the duels he had with Alan Prost in Japan with various versions of one forcing the other off the track to win the world championship. Lots of drama at Japan in the past, hope to have more this weekend.

and in the long-shot category, I'm still hoping for Williams and Caterham and Marussia to get into the top ten and score some points! Beyond that, maybe even a McLaren podium for the first time this year would be nice as they continue to mark their 50th year in racing.

Thank you for always posting the schedule! It's been very helpful as my schedule has changed over the past couple of months.

I agree there is no stopping Vettel at this point! I don't know if you heard it last week, but 18 of Vettel's 34 career wins (assuming I am remembering correctly) have been on Asian soil.

Robert Nixon
10-09-2013, 02:55 PM
either he just loves Asian food, or with Adrian Newey designing the car the Red Bull just gets stronger as each season goes along.

500ways
10-09-2013, 10:43 PM
either he just loves Asian food, or with Adrian Newey designing the car the Red Bull just gets stronger as each season goes along.

Why does Webber's car fail on a regular basis? Hmmm.....

Robert Nixon
10-13-2013, 06:02 PM
Well, no big surprise that Vettel won in Japan, but nice drive by Webber to take the pole and finish 2nd. Also great move by Grosjean to take the lead into the first turn by passing both RedBulls, and then leading about half the race! Although it's basically over, Fernando still has a mathematical shot at winning, but he'd almost have to win the 4 remaining races while Vettel is 9th or lower every time.

No race next week, but India will be held on Oct 27th.

And I saw that NBC SN will rerun the Japan race at midnight eastern time, Monday night/Tuesday morning

Robert Nixon
10-21-2013, 10:25 PM
And the 3rd race in October will be from India on Oct 27th, I'd have to say that Sebastian Vettel will lock up the Drivers Championship with this race, and then we can start talking about next year, where Massa will end up, who will Lotus hire, how will the turbo engines work next year, etc.

All times are Eastern on NBC Sports Network

Friday Oct 25th 4:30am practice
Saturday Oct 26th 4:30 Qualifying
Sunday Oct 27th 5:00am pre-race
Sunday Oct 27th RACE LIVE 5:30am

I think the re-run of the race is 2pm Sunday afternoon

Robert Nixon
10-28-2013, 09:41 AM
...and sure enough Sebastian Vettel has won his 4th driver's championship in a row, and Red Bull Racing the 4th constructor's championship in a row. Mercedes has moved ahead of Ferrari into 2nd in the constructors, so over the last three races I imagine those teams will continue to duel each other.

Next week Abu Dhabi, then Austin Texas and Brazil also in November will wrap up the season.