PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the end for my Fiat experience

Ultrarider
10-01-2013, 03:12 PM
At 8,000 mile I have the following issues.

Since Last re-flash to the computer, the transmission shifts roughly, mileage dropped from avg. 34 to 26 mpg. Dealer can't find a cause. Loaner car shifts much better.

The air conditioner cycles on and off every five seconds. Dealer says this is normal. The loaner they gave me does not do this. My car did not do this until about a month ago.

Steering shaft is making noise. Dealer is replacing. Parts on order.

Car dies after starting. Car is in the N 15 starter bolt TSB build range, a copy of which, I provided to The service manager. But, he does not know anything about this and can't find anything in his TSB. Info. He is still researching it.

Rear tail lights fog up. Dealer will not fix. They All do this.

Time to look for something else. No more fiats for me.

ABARTH TAMER
10-01-2013, 03:17 PM
Bummer, Too bad you don't have a more responsive dealer. Try a Toyota Corolla or Camry. They used to not break, but you may have trouble staying awake after driving a FIAT.

DowneasTTer
10-01-2013, 03:40 PM
Instead of replacing the car the FIRST thing I would do is REPLACE THE DEALER!! Certainly it would be less $$ for you to find a more responsive service department than take the $$ hit moving to another manufacturers car. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

hecbom
10-01-2013, 04:44 PM
One more thing, my son bought a 2012 Passat last year after I warned him not to do so. After 4500mi this piece of junk is starting to fall apart! Electrical and shifting issues already. I had a Euro wagon that almost drove me into a hole financially, after replacing the transmission three time in 5 years not to mention water pumps, starter and leaking power steering pump (twice!!). So if you want something that will not give you any headaches buy a Camry or Corolla as Abarth Tamer mentioned. So far my 2013 Abarth has been iron clad knock on wood.

Robert Nixon
10-01-2013, 05:07 PM
You said it yourself "Time to look for something else." and the something else is a different FIAT dealer. Have you complained to a higher FIAT level than the one dealer? It sounds like they are clueless and don't deserve your business. Have you asked for them to fix all this stuff or give you a different car? From what you describe it is totally the dealer's fault to not resolve these issues. A simple TSB that comes from FIAT shouldn't confuse them at all.

Ultrarider
10-04-2013, 04:32 PM
Update: car in the shop since Tuesday Oct 2, steering shaft parts on order may be in Oct 15. After first telling me the A/C was ok they found that the compressor is faulty no parts in stock, no date given when they are expected on arrive. Fortunately I have loaner car. The 500 is my only vehicle.

bryanintowson
10-04-2013, 04:40 PM
Glad to hear that they're finding some of the things you noticed. Definitely call FIAT and PM FIAT Cares here on the forum. They do actually care about your experience. I had to wait over 2 months for a part and they took care of me. Was it annoying? Yes. Do I still love my car? Yeap.

I can tell you that if you find a good service department you will be a lot happier and you'll likely feel better too knowing that HQ in Detroit knows about your issues and is monitoring them.

FiatOfTysonsTech
01-10-2014, 09:38 PM
the drop in mileage would most likely be wornout/clogged airfilter. check that.