PDA

View Full Version : Navigation?????

stilyong1
10-01-2013, 02:14 PM
I CAN'T FOR THE LIKES OF ME BELIEVE THAT WE HAVE TO PAY EXTRA FOR NAV ON THE CAR AFTER YOU BUY IT
NOBODY SAID THAT IT WAS GOING TO COST ME $600 TO HAVE NAV INSTALLED ON MY CAR ONLY AFTER I SIGNED
DEAL AND I WAS A BIG BIT UPSET AND COMPLAINED BUT COULDN'T GET OUT OF DEAL .SAID SORRY YOU SIGNED
CONTRACT TAKE CAR OR LEAVE IT WELL I COULDN'T THROWW AWAY $30,000 AND NOT HAVE A CAR SO IF YOU ARE
LOOKING TO BUY FIAT 500L MAKE SURE IT HAS NAV ON IT OR I WOULDN'T BUY ONE IF I HAD MY TIME BACK JUST FOR
THAT REASON . I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT SOMETHING ELSE WITH NAV ALREADY INSTALLED JUST A RIPOFF :nightmare::distrust::BS:

Mario500L
10-01-2013, 04:44 PM
I CAN'T FOR THE LIKES OF ME BELIEVE THAT WE HAVE TO PAY EXTRA FOR NAV ON THE CAR AFTER YOU BUY IT
NOBODY SAID THAT IT WAS GOING TO COST ME $600 TO HAVE NAV INSTALLED ON MY CAR ONLY AFTER I SIGNED
DEAL AND I WAS A BIG BIT UPSET AND COMPLAINED BUT COULDN'T GET OUT OF DEAL .SAID SORRY YOU SIGNED
CONTRACT TAKE CAR OR LEAVE IT WELL I COULDN'T THROWW AWAY $30,000 AND NOT HAVE A CAR SO IF YOU ARE
LOOKING TO BUY FIAT 500L MAKE SURE IT HAS NAV ON IT OR I WOULDN'T BUY ONE IF I HAD MY TIME BACK JUST FOR
THAT REASON . I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT SOMETHING ELSE WITH NAV ALREADY INSTALLED JUST A RIPOFF :nightmare::distrust::BS:

Hello stilyong,

I am not quite sure if I am understanding your complain (sorry my CAPS is not working today). I am quite sure that the way that works on every studio, or anyone that is going to buy a car, is at least do a test drive of the car that you are planning to buy. So, did you not notice that the model you choose did not have a NAV installed ? As on every model today, you buy a car with "packages", we are luck so far that tires are not part of any package. Jokes aside, I really can't understand anyone buy a car that in theory was on a test drive and didn't notice that the NAV is not there. 30K is kind of expensive for a 500L without any package that has a NAV.

So , I am quite puzzled here

Vaejovis carolinanus aka lowconabarth
10-01-2013, 05:10 PM
You might want to check with a lawyer or expert in these type of matters, because in SC i believe you have 72 hrs to change your mind on a car purchase. Your state might have the same type of loophole.

Fiat500USA
10-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Google Nav is hard to beat. If you get a large screen phone like a Galaxy S4 you probably won't miss the built in screen.

stilyong1
10-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Hello stilyong,

I am not quite sure if I am understanding your complain (sorry my CAPS is not working today). I am quite sure that the way that works on every studio, or anyone that is going to buy a car, is at least do a test drive of the car that you are planning to buy. So, did you not notice that the model you choose did not have a NAV installed ? As on every model today, you buy a car with "packages", we are luck so far that tires are not part of any package. Jokes aside, I really can't understand anyone buy a car that in theory was on a test drive and didn't notice that the NAV is not there. 30K is kind of expensive for a 500L without any package that has a NAV.

So , I am quite puzzled here It had itwritten on build as a $600 option so I assume it was on the screen when I took a tist drive I didn't need nav . It had everything listed on the screen as it was ready to use as for caps sorry I didn't notice that I did it until I was half way through see I can write without caps. Thanks anyway

Mario500L
10-01-2013, 06:34 PM
It had itwritten on build as a $600 option so I assume it was on the screen when I took a tist drive I didn't need nav . It had everything listed on the screen as it was ready to use as for caps sorry I didn't notice that I did it until I was half way through see I can write without caps. Thanks anyway

Hum, that is weird, if is listed on the "window sticker" like the picture below, you for sure need to have that clean with the studio. Mine came with the "Premier Package Value: $1,745" that is something FIAT was/is giving from "free" until end of the year, that includes:

Includes Uconnect 6.5" Touch Screen Radio with GPS Navigation System, RearView Back-up Camera, and ParkSense Rear Park Assist.

So, you really need to clarify that there. My studio was "great", until they charge me, U$ 20 when I went to get my tags. The answer, "the DMV is charging that", so I asked, "So, I pay almost U$ 30K in one car, and after-hand, you guys are charging me U$ 20, only because you guys charge me the wrong transfer fee". So , sometimes is not because the money, and just the attitude . Of course, U$ 600 is not U$ 20, but well, they may just lost a customer and a bad reputation.

Curious
10-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Correct me if I am wrong here but I think that the only 500L that does not have nav is the Pop. And you can't get any options added on a Pop if you wanted to. And as Mario500L correctly pointed out all 500L's (except Pops) come with the nav at no extra charge, complements of Fiat. And a Pop is a $19,000.00 car, not a $30,000.00 car. I think you should go back to your dealer to make certain they activated the nav. If it really is not there, and if it's not a Pop then you should call Fiat customer service so they can make it right for you.

Oh and just curious, your car does say Fiat 500L on the back, right? Sorry had to lighten things up for you.

mason702
10-01-2013, 07:44 PM

it is just an update for "free"

stilyong1
10-02-2013, 10:01 AM
Correct me if I am wrong here but I think that the only 500L that does not have nav is the Pop. And you can't get any options added on a Pop if you wanted to. And as Mario500L correctly pointed out all 500L's (except Pops) come with the nav at no extra charge, complements of Fiat. And a Pop is a $19,000.00 car, not a $30,000.00 car. I think you should go back to your dealer to make certain they activated the nav. If it really is not there, and if it's not a Pop then you should call Fiat customer service so they can make it right for you.

Oh and just curious, your car does say Fiat 500L on the back, right? Sorry had to lighten things up for you. Oh yes it dose
very loud and clear 500L right on badge Thanks

Curious
10-02-2013, 09:10 PM
Just hope you got your dealer to activate the nav system.

Nicounderground
05-27-2015, 11:15 AM
I hope it worked and call mike she or he said call fiat corp or Chrysler and explain if the general manger never did it you have 4 years .. Sorry I'm. Late new

Nicounderground
05-27-2015, 11:20 AM
Google Nav is hard to beat. If you get a large screen phone like a Galaxy S4 you probably won't miss the built in screen.
Hey I found out how it beat it too ! If you put on your data .. Then turn on google maps then get it going turn off your data and it stays on ! For data a saving ;) you might know this but it's a try .. I was get if charged to much for data Google that one yep .. I start it in my driveway and turn off rh data after I have the addy in and he directions going😜 it works on and off anywhere .. Just can't start it with data off it says it's off and an error ... Cool
aye ? Till they fix it ! But I don't have unlimited data :)

Tweak
05-28-2015, 10:34 AM
Hey I found out how it beat it too ! If you put on your data .. Then turn on google maps then get it going turn off your data and it stays on ! For data a saving ;) you might know this but it's a try .. I was get if charged to much for data Google that one yep .. I start it in my driveway and turn off rh data after I have the addy in and he directions going�� it works on and off anywhere .. Just can't start it with data off it says it's off and an error ... Cool
aye ? Till they fix it ! But I don't have unlimited data :)

I think you are using a feature of Google Maps (offline maps feature)