PDA

View Full Version : Crack in windshield at 600 miles

scap
09-29-2013, 01:25 AM
A rock hit my windshield just below the wiper blade and cracked it about 12 inches today with only 600 miles on the car. Bummer. I noticed that our windshields are very thin in comparison to any other car I have. Living in Colorado rock chips and cracked windshields are very common but normally it takes a decent hit to crack the window, this one was a tiny pebble just hitting it right apparently. Anybody had theirs replaced yet?

jamesreza80
09-29-2013, 01:42 AM
Same thing happened to me as I was driving on the fwy. Posted about it. A rock hit my windshield and the entire windshield from the passenger side all the way to the driver side cracked. Took it to the dealer and ordered a replacement. Service guy said its about $1200. Its been over 2 weeks already and still no ETA on the windshield. Been calling for updates but they have no idea when it will arrive. Car is so new that they don't have the parts on hand.

Fiat500USA
09-29-2013, 05:08 PM
Try Safelight. I got an original windshield from them, no problem. Comes with the gasket installed, so it isn't too bad from what I've been told.

There are a few windshield threads floating around on here.

Tweak
09-29-2013, 10:34 PM
Try Safelight. I got an original windshield from them, no problem. Comes with the gasket installed, so it isn't too bad from what I've been told.

There are a few windshield threads floating around on here.

Argh, stupid jingle stuck in my head now Chris. :p