PDA

View Full Version : Drove home new 500e today

SanDiegoDana
09-27-2013, 11:31 PM
Traded in my (much loved, but much redundant given my new job <10 miles from home vs. the former 45) Audi TDI for a Fiat 500e today.

I thought I was just getting something economical, but DAMN I really like this car. And the financing deals! I went with the lease and the dealer gave me the deal (including the $2500 from Chrysler). I know some people are getting scammed, but two huge thumbs up for Kearny Mesa Fiat in San Diego: not just a painless experience but a fun one too!

I went with a Silver and white interior. While I like the look of the sport package on the black model, I prefer the white interior to the black interior, so no sport package. And while I like having a sunroof, the headroom was a bit tight, so I saved some $$$ there too.

I get to charge @ 110v at work freely, but I live in a condo complex, so that's what I'll have to live with until I get the HOA to agree to an EVSE install (they're not blocking it, they're just trying to figure out which way to do it and how to pay for it, so I'll have on in a few months). In the meantime, my short commute is fine for the sloooow charge (or I can just drop down to the mall and use one of the Blink charge stations.)

I feel like a kid on December 23, waiting to open presents. Looking forward to driving around in the new car a bit this weekend :)

Tweak
09-29-2013, 09:55 AM
Congrats and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you're having a lot of fun already.

SanDiegoDana
09-30-2013, 10:42 PM
Got Blue & me properly hooked up today : dealer activated it but didn't pair to the car.

Only on day 4 but really like this car quite a bit :)

trevc
10-01-2013, 08:43 AM
Glad to hear you are enjoying the car! I hear they are fun to drive. Maybe one day we will see them outside of CA.

Robert Nixon
10-01-2013, 09:32 AM
congrats, sounds like a great deal if it fits your commute!