PDA

View Full Version : Display Trip B

Trystane
09-27-2013, 12:11 PM
I'm sure there's something super basic I'm missing but I can't seem to get trip B to display or at least not access it. I have it turned on in the uConnect (seems like an odd place) but all I see on my cluster display is Trip A. Anyone have any thoughts?

Jalpa_Mike
09-27-2013, 01:24 PM
Same with us. No idea how to get to "Trip B". If you have the BEATS option with UConnect 6.5, you'll also notice that there is no "Surround Sound" or "Speed Adjusted Volume" selections from the screen, even though both are shown in the UConnect 6.5 user guide.

Other things you'll notice....

1. The manual talks about (and its even shown on the 500L sales brochure), the HomeLink Garage door opener mounted on drivers side sun visor that comes with the "Popular Equipment Group" option. Nobody has this on their car that I am aware of.

2. The mysterious cooling vent in the upper glove box that isn't connected. Its used in Europe, but not hooked up in the USA cars.

Trystane
09-27-2013, 01:37 PM
I did read about the Home Link in the manual but I didn't see it in the Trekking or Lounge options on the Fiat site - I'd be curious where you saw it at. As far as the cooling vent you are correct that it is not connected and I'm having my dealer look into this. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it however.

The uConnect on it seems pretty weak. I don't know if it is going to get upgraded in the near future or what but I would think it would have uConnect Access and it doesn't seem to.

scap
09-27-2013, 03:51 PM
None of the US models have the cooler glovebox connected. They do use the same glovebox as the Euro models though and we therefore get he non-functioning cooling vent.

n00dle
09-27-2013, 03:52 PM
I'm sure there's something super basic I'm missing but I can't seem to get trip B to display or at least not access it. I have it turned on in the uConnect (seems like an odd place) but all I see on my cluster display is Trip A. Anyone have any thoughts?

What 500L do you have? Pop, Easy, Trekking, Lounge? On my Trekking Trip B is activated through the Nav.

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8001&d=1380311508

Trystane
09-27-2013, 05:48 PM
What 500L do you have? Pop, Easy, Trekking, Lounge? On my Trekking Trip B is activated through the Nav.

I have the Trekking and as I said in my opening post that I have turned on Trip B in the uConnect. Is Trip B only displayed through the main screen and not the center cluster?

n00dle
09-27-2013, 06:37 PM
I have the Trekking and as I said in my opening post that I have turned on Trip B in the uConnect. Is Trip B only displayed through the main screen and not the center cluster?

No, I see it on my cluster along with Trip A.

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8007&d=1380321375

Luv2byte
09-27-2013, 06:50 PM
I did read about the Home Link in the manual but I didn't see it in the Trekking or Lounge options on the Fiat site - I'd be curious where you saw it at. As far as the cooling vent you are correct that it is not connected and I'm having my dealer look into this. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it however.

The uConnect on it seems pretty weak. I don't know if it is going to get upgraded in the near future or what but I would think it would have uConnect Access and it doesn't seem to.

For as good as uconnect does work, I like the nav, it is outdated. Example, nissan's nav system is far more advanced. If you have an address or location set on your phone you can send it via Bluetooth to the Do you need anything?, it's pretty slick. Also, uconnect I had in my 7yr old SUV had features I miss w this version - I was able to set certain main thence reminders. I know evic will warn you when needed but things like tire rotation was nice.

Curious
09-27-2013, 07:04 PM

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8001&d=1380311508

Noodle is 100 percent correct. Access it via the nav system. I played around with all kinds of settings one day and discovered this. Try playing around with many different setting and you will discover all kinds of things too.

Jalpa_Mike
09-28-2013, 01:46 PM
I did read about the Home Link in the manual but I didn't see it in the Trekking or Lounge options on the Fiat site - I'd be curious where you saw it at.

Here is the mention of Homelink from the 500L sales brochure.

Jalpa_Mike
09-28-2013, 01:53 PM
Noodle is 100 percent correct. Access it via the nav system. I played around with all kinds of settings one day and discovered this. Try playing around with many different setting and you will discover all kinds of things too.

Thanks for the tips and noodle and curious! I'll try it out when I get home. I'm sitting at the Maserati dealer waiting for the service to be completed on my Quattroporte. :-)

Luv2byte
09-28-2013, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the tips and noodle and curious! I'll try it out when I get home. I'm sitting at the Maserati dealer waiting for the service to be completed on my Quattroporte. :-)

I can't believe y'all have had your cars but all you did was drive them? Heck, by now I've read the manuals, saved them on my phone. & iPad, played with every button & menu in the car. I've even had hubby drive just so I could play w features while in motion. :freak: Love knowing what all my car does. One thing I haven't done yet but will soon is look up reprogramming the fob, I don't like how it unlocks right now but still decididing, usually you can reprogram the locks to your preference.

Jalpa_Mike
09-28-2013, 06:41 PM
Worked like a charm! We now have "Trip B" on ours.

Also, here is a shot of ours showing the absence of "Surround Sound" and "Speed Adjusted Volume"

n00dle
09-28-2013, 07:38 PM

Nice! :thumbsup:

Curious
09-28-2013, 08:38 PM
Here is the mention of Homelink from the 500L sales brochure.

Also, here is a shot of ours showing the absence of "Surround Sound" and "Speed Adjusted Volume"

Hey Jalpa Mike I am not certain what the speed adjusted volume is on a 500L. However I traded in a 500C in for my 500L. When I had the top down on my 500C there was a speed volume setting. It helped greatly going 60 trying to hear the stereo when I had the top down. I could hardly hear the music until I hit the speed volume. I only mention this because some in this forum said they could not hear their stereo systems when they had their sunroofs open on their 500L's.

So if there is a speed volume setting then I can only suggest that those with sunroofs try it out and see if they can then hear the tunes with their sunroofs open.

Trystane
09-29-2013, 12:19 PM
Update here - turning Trip B off and back on put Trip B back onto my cluster display. Not sure why that works or if it'll disappear again but it works for now!

Jalpa_Mike
09-29-2013, 01:48 PM
Hey Jalpa Mike I am not certain what the speed adjusted volume is on a 500L. However I traded in a 500C in for my 500L. When I had the top down on my 500C there was a speed volume setting. It helped greatly going 60 trying to hear the stereo when I had the top down. I could hardly hear the music until I hit the speed volume. I only mention this because some in this forum said they could not hear their stereo systems when they had their sunroofs open on their 500L's.

Yeah, we had it on our 2012 FIAT 500 Sport, and it is also on my '05 Maserati. It works really well at keeping the volume at a comfortable level. Even in a "closed roof" car, there is lots of road noise that come in. So, you have the volume cranked up load while rolling down the road at 60mph. Then you exit a freeway, and without the "speed adjusted sound", it about blows your eardrums out.

Its nice to have the "speed adjusted sound" because it lowers the volume of the stereo based on how loud the ambient sound inside the cockpit is.