PDA

View Full Version : Euro Auto Festival Oct. 18-19 2013

Robert Nixon
09-27-2013, 09:57 AM
http://euroautofestival.com/

This annual event will be held Oct 18-19 in Greer SC (Greenville), at the BMW factory. Saturday the 19th is the main event, with 400 euro cars on display, with this year's featured maker FERRARI. I've been to this for the 4 years I've lived in SC, and it is a great day to spend seeing everything from German, British, Italian, Swedish, French cars up close and personal. They will also have the BMW Zentrum open, which is a small museum of BMW cars and bikes, as well as the BMW Performance Driving center where you can get a ride along on their track in a M5 or drive one of the SUVs on their off-road course (for a small donation to charity for each).

The car show is free, but they ask for a donation to the Red Cross. There will also be food vendors available, a couple of car vendors will have displays, and even a live band in the food/vendor area outdoors.

Robert Nixon
10-17-2013, 05:01 PM
reminder that this show is this weekend.

Robert Nixon
10-19-2013, 10:32 PM
We had a few small drops of rain, but it was a great day to view European cars again! This was the 5th one in a row I've been to, and it remains just about my favorite day of the year! Featuring Ferrari this year, they also had free beer! And since it was Spaten and Franziskaner from Munich, well, it just doesn't get any better than that!

I'll stick a link to my Facebook photos, but a few highlights for me were:

Seeing TWO Ferrari F40s, two Bertone (FIAT) X1/9s, a couple of Citroens, some really cool 1958 Jaguars, Pantera, Lancia Scorpion, Bentley, Porsche, Mercedes, Delorean, Alfa Romeo, Maserati, and more Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Triumphs, MGs, etc than you can imagine. I imagine the only way to make the day better would be to win the lottery, or combine this event in Greenville SC with driving on the Dragon!

photo below is a Ferrari F40, and here's the link to more photos on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10201841895000343.1073741838.1571797340&type=1&l=7edc71a883