PDA

View Full Version : NORCAL SS Pillar Pods FIAT 500

NORCAL SS
09-27-2013, 01:02 AM
ORDER PAGE
http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=223

Very easy install on this. I tried to get a oem look to it also.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a104/NORCALSTI/custompod.jpg

Here it is installed with my custom gauge which I also offer.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a104/NORCALSTI/ABARTH/20130829_181047.jpeg

NORCAL SS
11-29-2013, 12:15 PM
I have 3 more left. I will be doing another run of 50 next week.

NORCAL SS
09-17-2014, 01:34 PM
out of stock for about 2 weeks. Doing another production run on these.

NORCAL SS
06-26-2015, 10:33 AM
30 more back in stock.

NORCAL SS
02-20-2016, 04:41 AM
just got my batch of 100 pods in so back in stock

NORCAL SS
12-10-2016, 12:02 PM
im down to the final 3. After that not being made anymore.

gundam2000
12-12-2016, 01:28 PM
very nice. looks oem. I just wish they were not illegal here.

aelfwyne
12-13-2016, 05:33 PM

How the heck are they illegal? They don't block the view out the window.

Southernroadrunner
12-13-2016, 06:45 PM

Think you could give us a heads up on this being illegal. Scratching head !!!!

gundam2000
12-14-2016, 10:23 AM
distraction to other drivers. I know, its really dumb. After fast and furious 1 came out everybody had a pillar pod with boost and afr. all the blinking light s visible to other drivers were considered distracting and therefore its illegal now.

at least my factory gps is legal here unlike California. That one I cannot understand.

NORCAL SS
12-14-2016, 10:36 AM
i live in california and yet to have any officer pull myself over or customers that have have this gauge for distracted driving. That is actually bs because the chevy ss cobalt comes with a pillar gauge from factory as well as the srt10 ram.

Southernroadrunner
12-14-2016, 04:15 PM
distraction to other drivers. I know, its really dumb. After fast and furious 1 came out everybody had a pillar pod with boost and afr. all the blinking light s visible to other drivers were considered distracting and therefore its illegal now.

at least my factory gps is legal here unlike California. That one I cannot understand.

I find this interesting with alot of drivers having GPS up on the dash and TV screens for kids and such in cars now. Do they stop and write tickets to those people. It would be interesting to know. I'm not familiar with the driving laws in California. All states are different. I know one town I'm familiar with in the Midwest writes tickets for stuff hanging from the inside rear view mirror. Claims it blocks drivers vision. Interesting topic.

pizzamann95
12-14-2016, 04:37 PM
I find this interesting with alot of drivers having GPS up on the dash and TV screens for kids and such in cars now. Do they stop and write tickets to those people. It would be interesting to know. I'm not familiar with the driving laws in California. All states are different. I know one town I'm familiar with in the Midwest writes tickets for stuff hanging from the inside rear view mirror. Claims it blocks drivers vision. Interesting topic.

I was driving the inlaw's Jeep and was pulled over for a broken tail light, this was when I lived in CA. It was broken the previous day and we were going to town to pick up a new one, pretty ironic. She has a handicap placard on her rear view. The cop told us it's illegal to drive with it hanging down. It even said on the placard to remove before driving. So I get the hanging stuff on you mirror law, since it does obstruct your view. If I remember correctly, you couldn't have tv monitors in the front of the vehicle, gps was fine as long as it did not obstruct the driver's view. Most stock DVD systems had a feature where the rear monitors could show a movie while the vehicle was in gear, but not the front. I had gauge pods on my Cosworth Focus, but I only got speeding tickets and one noise ordinance ticket for loud music (for a 227bhp car, it was surprisingly quiet, a true sleeper)