PDA

View Full Version : VIR Full Course Track Day Monday Nov. 4!!!

spindoc
09-26-2013, 04:58 PM
The Phil Wicks Driving Academy will be running a one-day event on the Full Course at VIRginia International Raceway on Monday November 4. If you want to learn how to really get the most out of driving your Abarth and have a blast doing it at one of the greatest road courses in the world, sign up by going to www.fiatdriving.com.

At the website you'll learn more about Phil Wicks and his incredible range of experience. He'll be doing the classroom instruction at the event, and will also spend some time on the track.

Cost for the event is $350 per car and there are limited spaces left available. Go to the website or call Phil at 314.330.6449 or 803.699.4691.

My name's Bill Koff and I'll be one of the in-car instructors at the event. I'm a racer who's been instructing for over 10 years, and have been driving my Abarth since they first came out last year. If you'd like me to be your instructor, you can contact me directly at billkoff@yahoo.com, and be sure to mention it when you submit your registration for the event.

Hope to see you there!

Haring
09-26-2013, 09:17 PM
Wish I could make it this year. Last year was a blast. I'd love to compare how my Abarth handles the track vs the Sport I had.

elorablue
09-29-2013, 10:06 AM
I absolutely love VIR. Rode it many times on the bikes. If anyone is within a few hours of Danville you should definitely take this opportunity. Beware the Oak tree! Lol

White Abarth
09-30-2013, 12:05 AM
My name's Bill Koff and I'll be one of the in-car instructors at the event. I'm a racer who's been instructing for over 10 years, and have been driving my Abarth since they first came out last year. If you'd like me to be your instructor, you can contact me directly at billkoff@yahoo.com, and be sure to mention it when you submit your registration for the event.

I was lucky enough to have Bill as my instructor for a few sessions at last year's VIR event. I highly recommend him as he's intimately familiar with both VIR and the Abarth. It was really great having someone next to me who knew what my car was capable of.

Beware the Oak tree! Lol

Sadly, the Oak tree fell (natural causes) in early July. http://www.wset.com/story/23034044/vir-updates-oak-tree-turn

I still need to shuffle some family commitments before I can sign up, but I'm hoping I'll be able to go.

tandemnut
10-10-2013, 07:24 AM
I'm in if I can convince the boss that spending $350 is a good use of our funds. Wish me luck!

ivmill
10-14-2013, 01:09 PM
An "I just signed up" bump! I just got off the phone with Phil and I'm stoked about it!

ivmill
11-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Leaving for Danville now! I'll try and get some pictures to share with everyone