PDA

View Full Version : Fog light alligment.

Mini Cord
09-25-2013, 11:31 PM
Is it possible to align the fog lights on the Abarth?

I had the car over to fix some damage on the font bumper, and they left one fog light too low.

Thanks.

Mini Cord
09-27-2013, 11:35 AM
Bump.

Anyone knows how to?

Thanks in advance.

wilbmeister
09-28-2013, 12:42 PM
Sorry I don't have an answer but I wondered the same thing. When the fogs are on they are not aligned. I see them at two different levels.

elorablue
09-29-2013, 10:02 AM
I'd also like to know how hard it is to aim the headlights. People flash their high beams at me all the time so I think they may be too high. Also the high beams give me a great view of the tops of the trees. I asked my useless dealer but they were no help at all.

Tweak
09-29-2013, 10:07 AM
I'd also like to know how hard it is to aim the headlights. People flash their high beams at me all the time so I think they may be too high. Also the high beams give me a great view of the tops of the trees. I asked my useless dealer but they were no help at all.

Headlights are super easy, use a screwdriver and turn to adjust. Fogs I have no idea and have never looked or or needed to adjust.
http://www.fiat500owners.com/forum/attachments/fiat-500-general-discussion-forum/5839d1348666264-stop-getting-flashed-night-easy-headlight-adjustment-img_0163.jpg

lenswerks
09-29-2013, 10:11 AM
Nothing on DVD specific to Abarth buy maybe this will help--

The fog lamp adjustment screw for Sport models is accessed through clearance holes (2) near the right and left outboard ends of the front fascia. The Lounge models do not have clearance holes and the adjustment screws must be accessed by reaching up from under the fascia. A properly aimed front fog lamp (1) will project a pattern on the alignment screen 100 millimeters (4 inches) below the fog lamp centerline and straight ahead of the lamp.

Turn the fog lamps ON.

Insert a screwdriver through the clearance hole (Sport models) or reach around the underside of the fascia to rotate the vertical adjustment screw on each lamp to adjust the beam height as required.

elorablue
09-29-2013, 10:24 AM
Headlights are super easy, use a screwdriver and turn to adjust. Fogs I have no idea and have never looked or or needed to adjust.
http://www.fiat500owners.com/forum/attachments/fiat-500-general-discussion-forum/5839d1348666264-stop-getting-flashed-night-easy-headlight-adjustment-img_0163.jpg

Thanks tweak. Just that 1 screw? Dealer told me 4 screws but they also wondered where my spare tire was.

Tweak
09-29-2013, 11:00 PM
^^^ That I am aware of yes, just the one screw. Maybe they were referencing mounting points or something due to a misunderstanding. In multiple previous discussions the single referenced point is the only (up/down) adjustment available. Above you also have the fog light adjustment options. :cool:

Mini Cord
01-13-2014, 01:21 PM
Ok, just an update on aligning the fog lights on the Abarth.

Tools : # 10 Torx Screw driver.

There is no need to remove the grille. On top of the fog lights, the grille has an indentation with a hole, trough that hole you will see a torx silver screw. Turn to adjust.

Best regards,

Miguel