PDA

View Full Version : Turn Signals and Fog Lights on with no wheel turning

UomoNuovo
09-25-2013, 10:14 PM
Greetings All - two weeks, 1250 miles and just noticing that when I use the turn signal (left or right does not matter) the corresponding fog light for that "side" of the car also turns on. So fog light button off, at stop light or waiting to pull out of parking lot etc. , right turn signal on, right fog light turns on... same on left side... tested this while driving straight and using signals and while car is parked, not moving. Happens each time, and seems to have just started but not doing this first week or so... but I maybe just didn't notice or make the fog lamp connection...

Normal for the 500L?

Tonight I notice for the first time that as I turn the wheel to the left (while driving or while in P,N,D but not R) the left fog light will turn on... same if turning wheel to right the right fog light turns on.

In another thread I read about "cornering" lights and a setting in the computer to enable or disable, but I couldn't find the setting... and I didn't see a reference in the manual. Does anyone know about this feature or do I have an electrical short already? Thanks in advance.

EugeneS
09-25-2013, 11:44 PM
just noticing that when I use the turn signal (left or right does not matter) the corresponding fog light for that "side" of the car also turns on.

This sounds like a special feature for San Francisco! It's always foggy here.... :joke:

I'd go to the service department...

n00dle
09-26-2013, 12:06 AM
it's normal and is active at speeds 20mph and under, the setting to turn on or off is accessible through the Navi unit.

UomoNuovo
09-26-2013, 06:26 AM
thanks, n00dle... I'll look again in settings... it was the end of a long day and that perceived issue was the last thing I needed before walking in to the house... if it's normal (turn signals and wheel turning) then I guess that is that... grazie!