PDA

View Full Version : Our Lounge is broken! :(

jamesreza80
09-25-2013, 07:26 PM
Bought the Lounge during Labor Day weekend for my wife as an early anniversary present. We were driving on the freeway one day and CRACK! A rock hit our windshield. Our entire windshield from the passenger side all the way to the driver side was cracked. Quickly called our dealer and he said to bring it in. Windshield replacement is about $1200 not including installation, which is another $140 or so. Been about 2 weeks already and still no ETA on the windshield.

This past weekend, we came back from Vegas and my wife wanted to move the Fiat out of the garage. Car made 2 clicking noise and then the engine died.
Took the car back to the dealer's service department this past Monday. Haven't heard what's wrong with the car yet. At first thought that the car battery died, but we didn't leave the lights on and the radio and everything else was working fine...just the car engine didn't work. Just hope that everything is okay with the car. 7980

Lounge - dual-clutch automatic.

Mario500L
09-25-2013, 07:40 PM
Look http://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto/286571-excessive-radiator-fluid-temperature-anyone-know-exact-problem.html

Also Google for "excess radiator fluid temperature fiat"

Wolfepaw
09-25-2013, 08:14 PM
Bought the Lounge during Labor Day weekend for my wife as an early anniversary present. We were driving on the freeway one day and CRACK! A rock hit our windshield. Our entire windshield from the passenger side all the way to the driver side was cracked. Quickly called our dealer and he said to bring it in. Windshield replacement is about $1200 not including installation, which is another $140 or so. Been about 2 weeks already and still no ETA on the windshield.

This past weekend, we came back from Vegas and my wife wanted to move the Fiat out of the garage. Car made 2 clicking noise and then the engine died.
Took the car back to the dealer's service department this past Monday. Haven't heard what's wrong with the car yet. At first thought that the car battery died, but we didn't leave the lights on and the radio and everything else was working fine...just the car engine didn't work. Just hope that everything is okay with the car. 7980

Can you say OOOOUUUUCH on the windshield! Glad I got window replacement coverage with my car insurance.

Curious
09-25-2013, 08:19 PM

Check with your insurance agent. Most policies cover broken windows, exceptions in some states. Make certain you get a Fiat brand window. Every single window on your car has a Fiat stamp on it.

jamesreza80
10-02-2013, 10:36 PM
Got an update today from the service department regarding our windshield. ETA sometime in December, maybe. OUCH!
Called Safelight to see if they had any windshields on hand faster than December. Lady on the phone said that there are 15 nationwide orders for the windshield and it is on backorder. No word as to when they will receive them.

Regarding the "excess radiator fluid", service department couldn't find anything wrong with it. Guy said that it was a programming error so he just reprogrammed. Paid nothing since it's under warranty.