PDA

View Full Version : Road trip south!

wilbmeister
09-25-2013, 04:40 PM
Starting Friday my wife and I will be taking a little vacation for 10 days and will be heading south from western New York. We will be in Moyock, NC, Lake Junaluska, NC and Woodstock, GA before heading home. Maybe I will get lucky and see you and your car on the road as we travel. We will be in our Abarth for the trip.

musicsurf
09-25-2013, 06:13 PM
I'll be up right near Lake Junaluska in Fines Creek starting Saturday for the week! Unfortunately I will be in my wife's Camry instead of my Abarth.

MrFiat
09-25-2013, 07:25 PM
Starting Friday my wife and I will be taking a little vacation for 10 days and will be heading south from western New York. We will be in Moyock, NC, Lake Junaluska, NC and Woodstock, GA before heading home. Maybe I will get lucky and see you and your car on the road as we travel. We will be in our Abarth for the trip.
Still enjoying great memories of our impromptu caravan back from Englishtown. Can't begin to tell you just how much I enjoyed that trip. Hope you get lucky and run across another Abarthisti in your travels. Next year plan a route that takes you North !!!! :encouragement:
Safe trip!
ciao.
Jim

wilbmeister
09-25-2013, 08:18 PM
I'll be up right near Lake Junaluska in Fines Creek starting Saturday for the week! Unfortunately I will be in my wife's Camry instead of my Abarth.

If you see a NY plated Abarth say Hello!

wilbmeister
09-25-2013, 08:19 PM
Still enjoying great memories of our impromptu caravan back from Englishtown. Can't begin to tell you just how much I enjoyed that trip. Hope you get lucky and run across another Abarthisti in your travels. Next year plan a route that takes you North !!!! :encouragement:
Safe trip!
ciao.
Jim

Jim,
We still talk about how much fun it was doing that drive with you. I will let you know if I wind up heading your way!
Tom

Tweak
09-26-2013, 12:39 AM
When/where in NC?

Have a fun and safe trip!

DesmosDromos
09-26-2013, 07:27 AM
If you pass through Philly, wave to my Bianco Abarth C as you get your cheesesteaks and soft pretzels.

jguerdat
09-26-2013, 08:58 AM
Ha! Just finishing up our southern road trip. Spent last week in Hatteras and this week in Va. Beach. However, it's in our new Caddy ATS 2.0T 6-speed manual. Kinda like a 2x-sized Abarth? :p

Abarth67
09-26-2013, 09:01 AM
You will be very close to the Tail of the Dragon. If you get close to Knoxville, look me up and say hi.

wilbmeister
09-26-2013, 09:10 PM
When/where in NC?

Have a fun and safe trip!
Tweak,
We will be in Moytuk from Friday evening till Monday morning and then Lake Junaluska till Thursday morning. Then we're heading to Woodstock, GA for the weekend to see grandkids. Where are you located?

wilbmeister
09-26-2013, 09:12 PM
You will be very close to the Tail of the Dragon. If you get close to Knoxville, look me up and say hi.

If we get there we could do that. I was hoping to time this trip around the Dragon ride later in the fall. Unfortunately that didn't work out.

wilbmeister
09-26-2013, 09:13 PM
Ha! Just finishing up our southern road trip. Spent last week in Hatteras and this week in Va. Beach. However, it's in our new Caddy ATS 2.0T 6-speed manual. Kinda like a 2x-sized Abarth? :p

Jeff,
Sounds like a nice car! Hope to see you guys soon again!

wilbmeister
09-26-2013, 09:14 PM
If you pass through Philly, wave to my Bianco Abarth C as you get your cheesesteaks and soft pretzels.

Will do the next time I get over that way!

Tweak
09-27-2013, 10:08 AM
Tweak,
We will be in Moytuk from Friday evening till Monday morning and then Lake Junaluska till Thursday morning. Then we're heading to Woodstock, GA for the weekend to see grandkids. Where are you located?

Fort Bragg/Fayetteville area here.

jguerdat
09-28-2013, 09:24 AM
Jeff,
Sounds like a nice car! Hope to see you guys soon again!

Going to the Avon Inn meet with FLU? Oct. 20 at 11:00 AM

wilbmeister
09-28-2013, 12:20 PM
Going to the Avon Inn meet with FLU? Oct. 20 at 11:00 AM

Yes we are planning on it. You going? It would be good to see you again.

jguerdat
09-29-2013, 07:58 AM
Yup, I should be there. Depends on the weather as to which car to bring - rain, the Abarth but sun, maybe the 850 Spider.

wilbmeister
10-01-2013, 10:48 PM
For those of you who enjoy a challenging drive this is for you. We exited the Blue Ridge Parkway in NorthCarolina at the Stoney Park exit. It was 3 and a half miles down the mountain to get off. In that distance we made dozens upon dozens of turns. One after another, back and forth and many of them very tight hairpins. Constantly on and off the gas, no time for shifting and minimal breaking. This was fun! On Thursday we are going to do the Tail Of The Dragon!

Tweak
10-02-2013, 10:38 AM
As mentioned on the other forum, join the fall Dragon meet, SO MUCH FUN and such great people.

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?11661-Fall-FIAT-on-the-Dragon-event-October-11-13

wilbmeister
10-02-2013, 07:25 PM
As mentioned on the other forum, join the fall Dragon meet, SO MUCH FUN and such great people.

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?11661-Fall-FIAT-on-the-Dragon-event-October-11-13
I wish I could do the drive on that weekend but we will be back north by then. We had to take our trip south earlier then expected.

Tweak
10-02-2013, 11:31 PM
I wish I could do the drive on that weekend but we will be back north by then. We had to take our trip south earlier then expected.

Worth a shot, we will be in GA for Italian Car Day on Sat. then back to TN for the Dragon run, maybe next year. :cool:

musicsurf
10-02-2013, 11:49 PM
For those of you who enjoy a challenging drive this is for you. We exited the Blue Ridge Parkway in NorthCarolina at the Stoney Park exit. It was 3 and a half miles down the mountain to get off. In that distance we made dozens upon dozens of turns. One after another, back and forth and many of them very tight hairpins. Constantly on and off the gas, no time for shifting and minimal breaking. This was fun! On Thursday we are going to do the Tail Of The Dragon!

I wish it was in my Abarth, but 215 going from 276 to 64 was an awesome drive! Another good one if you are still in Lake Juneluska is 209 over to Hot Springs.

wilbmeister
10-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Worth a shot, we will be in GA for Italian Car Day on Sat. then back to TN for the Dragon run, maybe next year. :cool:

This weekend isn't the one is it? I thought it was the weekend of the 12th.

wilbmeister
10-03-2013, 09:40 PM
I wish it was in my Abarth, but 215 going from 276 to 64 was an awesome drive! Another good one if you are still in Lake Juneluska is 209 over to Hot Springs.

Thanks but we are in Georgia now. We had a great trip down here on Rt 68 after we did the Dragon. Another good road to take a ride on.

Tweak
10-03-2013, 11:30 PM
This weekend isn't the one is it? I thought it was the weekend of the 12th.

Not this coming weekend, it's on the 12th.

wilbmeister
10-04-2013, 08:00 AM
We did drive the Dragon yesterday. It was a great drive and fun to push the car on. There is no time to relax as you constantly are looking for the next turn. It's fun to go on line to the different sites that are taking your picture as you travel the road. If you are interested in seeing them they are in the 12:35 to 12:47PM range 10/3/13. I will probably buy a few when I decide which one(s) I like best. From what I could see there were 4 different groups taking photos. # out of 4 are on line now. These are the links to see them:
http://www.photoreflect.com/store/ThumbPage.aspx?e=9081922&g=0QAK01JP00
http://store.129slayer.com/
http://moonshinephoto.photoreflect.com/store/ThumbPage.aspx?e=9081881&g=0CVY013303

Abarth67
10-04-2013, 08:27 AM
We did drive the Dragon yesterday. It was a great drive and fun to push the car on. There is no time to relax as you constantly are looking for the next turn. It's fun to go on line to the different sites that are taking your picture as you travel the road. If you are interested in seeing them they are in the 12:35 to 12:47PM range 10/3/13. I will probably buy a few when I decide which one(s) I like best. From what I could see there were 4 different groups taking photos. # out of 4 are on line now. These are the links to see them:
http://www.photoreflect.com/store/ThumbPage.aspx?e=9081922&g=0QAK01JP00
http://store.129slayer.com/
http://moonshinephoto.photoreflect.com/store/ThumbPage.aspx?e=9081881&g=0CVY013303

You missed Killboy.com, were they not up there? Daryl is almost always on the dragon. He takes the best shots in my opinion.
Fun road indeed, looking forward to going with our FIAT On the Dragon group next weekend on the 12th.

wilbmeister
10-04-2013, 10:26 AM
You missed Killboy.com, were they not up there? Daryl is almost always on the dragon. He takes the best shots in my opinion.
Fun road indeed, looking forward to going with our FIAT On the Dragon group next weekend on the 12th.

KIlboy's pics are not up yet. I'm looking forward to seeing them.

Tweak
10-04-2013, 05:06 PM

Completely agree on all points made. :D

wilbmeister
10-05-2013, 09:07 AM
Just saw Kilboy's pics. I do like them.