PDA

View Full Version : CS shift knob install

JoeB
09-25-2013, 01:25 PM
There are a couple of these available in Classifieds that I'm interested in, but I can't seem to find pics of the install which shows how the shift-boot sits before and after. Is it connected in some way to the bottom of the stock Abarth knob? I'm not clear on how it sits after the new knob is installed.

JoeB
09-25-2013, 09:52 PM
Anyone?

NC Abarth
09-30-2013, 11:22 PM
Is it connected in some way to the bottom of the stock Abarth knob?

I cannot speak to the CS knob, but I can answer this part of your inquiry. The stock knob is attached to the shifter shaft via a bolt at the top of the knob beneath the shift pattern plastic insert. There is a small rubber piece at the bottom of the stock knob and the boot slips over that and is held in place with a small zip tie. I just installed a Momo knob to replace my stock knob. I was able to simply pull the boot off the end of the stock knob, but I've heard that sometimes the zip tie needs to be cut first. Again, don't know about the CS knob, but my boot is now free floating on the shift rod. I may wrap the top of it with something like electrical tape so I can slide the boot over it and hold it tightly to the bottom of the Momo knob.

pk9394
10-01-2013, 06:37 PM
There are a couple of these available in Classifieds that I'm interested in, but I can't seem to find pics of the install which shows how the shift-boot sits before and after. Is it connected in some way to the bottom of the stock Abarth knob? I'm not clear on how it sits after the new knob is installed.

The stock knob has a boot retainer at the bottom, using a zip tie to hold the boot.

here is mine Craven SS with stock knob and stock boot

Now, I have the TWM knob with the Craven SS + stock boot. very happy with this setup. The TWM knob can be adjust height!