PDA

View Full Version : MM P2262 Boost Issue

ivmill
09-23-2013, 12:11 PM
I know there are currently a few threads floating around about Magneti Marelli boxes and low boost issues so I apologize for the redundancy. I didn't want to hijack anybody else's thread since I'm actually have a "turbo boost pressure not detected - mechanical" code being thrown. Just the other day I started up the car to go to work and it started breaking up as soon as boost started creeping on. Roughly every 500rpm I can feel and hear the waste gate dumping. After about a mile of babying it I cut off the MM power pack and all was well. On the drive home I ran through all the settings (non sport, sport, MM1, and MM2) and I'm finding that only in the second setting will it start surging. It tripped the CEL pretty quickly, so I scanned it when I got home and found the P2262. I pulled the battery to reset everything but the problem still remains. I was going to double check all my connections first, but if that was the problem setting 1 would be botched too. I did the reflash before installing it on the car, but if I recall correctly there had been some issues with boxes dropping their tune randomly? I know some boxes had to be shipped back to Madness but I was hoping there was an easier solution that I may have overlooked. For reference sake I've been running the power pack for roughly a month, added a R3T v2 about two weeks ago, and only have 5,400 miles on the car.

Abarth Five O
09-23-2013, 12:53 PM
Does you MM box have the latest revised tune i.e. 58% setting 2 and 45% setting 1? If so, could be a hardware issue in the box in which case you should send it back to Madness for warranty repair.

ivmill
09-24-2013, 02:25 PM
Yeah, I did the update before I went through with the install. I may pull it out and try to update it again, see if maybe that will fix it. If not I suppose I will have to send it out to them. Ugh

Giuseppe
09-25-2013, 06:54 PM
Have your box replaced with a different brand. The MM box is garbage. Mine threw the same fault "mechanical boost not detected". After numerous attempts to repair it, even accessing the Marelli server (not the madness sever), the box kept faulting out after about 300 miles. I swapped it for something that didn't double as a boat anchor.