PDA

View Full Version : 1 Year on my Abarth, WOO-HOO!

Robert Nixon
09-22-2013, 05:25 PM
This weekend I hit the one year mark of owning a new 2013 Abarth, and overall it's been a great year! Along with driving Italian style, I've been following Formula 1 much closer and rooting for our Fiat owned FERRARI team, cheering for Fiat owned Chrysler, and overall become an Italian car junkie.

Driving wise, the Abarth is my daily driver, now with 17,233 trouble free miles, averaging 34.72mpg mostly on regular gas.

I've had just one service when the light went off around 9,000, so I'm waiting for the next one, and will likely change the oil and rotate the tires myself.

No real upgrades other than some stickers, scorpion tire valve covers, with a K&N air filter on the way.

The other big highlight with the Abarth is that I've been doing SCCA autocross with my son this year, the first time for both of us, so indirectly the Abarth has cost me a helmet, some great weekends getting to events around SC and NC, and the incurable desire to keep driving!

I enjoy this forum a lot, and have met a few folks thanks to the Fiat 500 USA Forum, and appreciate the great folks on here that all share their interest in FIAT as they have returned to the US.7943

FTY
09-22-2013, 06:08 PM
Congrats!

For the price you cant beat the driving experience. These little cars are a blast. Trouble free for 25k and 1.5yrs and going strong!

MrFiat
09-22-2013, 09:49 PM
This weekend I hit the one year mark of owning a new 2013 Abarth, and overall it's been a great year!

Attaboy! Glad you're having fun with it. Keep it going ! They just get to be more fun as time goes by! (and if you decide to keep it for 50 more years you'll probably be the only 100 year old Abarth driver at the autocrosses. Now THAT would really be cool! :thumbsup:

Fiat500USA
09-22-2013, 10:59 PM
Great to hear and thanks so much for being a part of the family! It's had to believe how fast the past year has flown by!

Ryephile
09-23-2013, 09:37 AM
Congrats! :)

Robert Nixon
09-23-2013, 09:51 AM
Forgot to mention doing the Abarth Experience earlier this year, and that was a lot of fun too!

Other than the 1 service, I had to buy some OAT coolant from a Chrysler/Fiat dealer, and that stuff is a bit expensive!

Next autocross is this Saturday, counting the hours.

trevc
09-23-2013, 12:32 PM
Happy Birthday!!

n00dle
09-23-2013, 02:16 PM
Awesome, congrats and hope it only gets better!

ABARTH TAMER
09-23-2013, 05:11 PM
Reassuring to hear good reports. I've had the same experience with 2 500's.

I'm inspired to look into the SCCA autocross. What a great way to find out what the car does at it's limits, without driving off the canyon.

Robert Nixon
09-24-2013, 09:52 AM
Abarth Tamer,
SCCA autocross is a lot of fun, and a great way to meet other drivers. I've really enjoyed doing it this year, and the only hard part was figuring out how to sign up, but even that is very easy.
Other groups also do autocross, so you can Google for NASA, and even your local Porsche, BMW, and Subaru clubs probably run their own events.
There are some other guys on this forum that are doing some autocross events, down at Jack Murphy stadium, or whatever it's called now.
You could easily just go to the next event, register for the weekend only or an annual membership, and be autocrossing that day.
I've got family that live in Carlsbad also, so if I see an Abarth next time I'm out there I'll give you a holler!

http://www.scca.com/