PDA

View Full Version : Almost ready

SeaDawg
09-21-2013, 08:27 PM
The Wilwood rear BBK set arrived late this week, the front set was already here. The Priority Mail box with the SS brake lines and a brand new 1 litre can of ATE Super Blue Racing brake fluid was in the mail box this afternoon. Probably one of the ONLY plain rotor Wilwood sets to be installed. Will order the Koni rear shocks from Amazon tomorrow and when they arrive we'll put BIGGER binders on the front and rear and new dampers on the rear. Still won't be fast, but sure will be sure footed.

HiFi Guy
09-21-2013, 08:33 PM
Sounds awesome! Are you having our LS do the install? If so, how much are they charging you?

SeaDawg
09-21-2013, 10:14 PM
Sounds awesome! Are you having our LS do the install? If so, how much are they charging you?

I didn't ask them, but Performance Racing Solutions in Sanford quoted $535.00 plus brake fluid (if I didn't bring my own) for the front and rear BBK install. Just for my satisfaction, I'll check with the LS to see what they'll say and post here.

SeaDawg
09-23-2013, 05:30 PM

The LS's only experience was installing a set of Brembo on the front of an Abarth. They said that was $375...so extrapolating $750 for front and rear at the LS. Well worth the drive out to Sanford.

SeaDawg
09-23-2013, 05:35 PM
Yellow Koni's ordered from Amazon (Koni 8040 1398 Sport) $257.50 includes free shipping. Long lead time...not expected till end of October early November.

Also on the Koni website I see they have part numbers for the front externally adjustable struts that don't require removal from car to adjust, but don't see them available anywhere, yet.