PDA

View Full Version : Zender Abarth 500 Corsa Stradale concept

jessebeetle
09-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Anyone else see this on Autoblog?

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/09/19/fiat-500-abarth-zender-corsa-stradale-concept-revealed/

Personally, I think it's hideous looking. But the performance goodies are nice!

09-19-2013, 10:20 PM
I like it :(

Just not keen on the ridiculously high exhaust tailpipes!

GetsThruBuckner
09-20-2013, 12:09 AM
Holy crap! The time involved in doing that must have been insane!

FTY
09-20-2013, 07:28 AM
I like that body kit....sans exhaust placement...

sk8ace
09-20-2013, 06:53 PM
I've never liked center exit exhaust.. look like car buttholes LOL. Those seats are sweet minus the orange. I like the one piece hood/bumper idea. Looks much cleaner. Those mirrors are nice too.

ABARTH TAMER
10-18-2013, 05:51 PM
More info: Larger turbo and internals: http://www.autoblog.com/2013/09/19/fiat-500-abarth-zender-corsa-stradale-concept-revealed/

cerebrix
10-21-2013, 03:33 PM
oh fiat...

how I want to love so you.

few things here that really grind my gears about this one.

look at the engine cover and intake. if that design looks how I think it look they just destroyed the aftermarket intake business.

new ecu? already? i'll put money on them being less open about the ecu than they are already.

cams are good, I like that but, new internals already? they must be lowering compression for that larger turbo. im concerned about spool though. be interesting to see what turbo theyre using.

but the big thing that makes me nuts is the intake

im also not sure making the car lighter is the thing to do. that cars already relatively dangerous on track when the suspension unloads as it is. id much rather would have seen adding a bit more weight balance to the car, as it sits, its imbalance mixed with short wheel base if the biggest problem the car has to content with on track.

reason im being critical here, and I should clarify. is because im really all about new concepts that move things forward. make a better car. when I look at how this was done. it just seems to me to be something put together to "just" drive more sales with the whole carbon fiber buzzword tacked on to it. I just think you guys deserve better than that.

lastly, even if this does come out here in the usa, its not going to address the concerns dealers have right now. this certainly wont make up for losing the 4c if that is in fact, what ends up happening.

just my 2 cents.

djhace
10-21-2013, 04:13 PM
okay let's add 2 more cents here.

i like it. but if i had my words in this, i would had round foglamps. like we already got. no need for fu...audi/bmw/benz/porsche led look.

Me rod
10-21-2013, 10:44 PM
You realize that this is a Zender concept, Zender being a 3rd party tuner, with no plans for production and nothing to do with FIAT...?

oh fiat...

look at the engine cover and intake. if that design looks how I think it look they just destroyed the aftermarket intake business.

new ecu? already? i'll put money on them being less open about the ecu than they are already.

cams are good, I like that but, new internals already? they must be lowering compression for that larger turbo. im concerned about spool though. be interesting to see what turbo theyre using.

im also not sure making the car lighter is the thing to do. that cars already relatively dangerous on track when the suspension unloads as it is. id much rather would have seen adding a bit more weight balance to the car, as it sits, its imbalance mixed with short wheel base if the biggest problem the car has to content with on track.

reason im being critical here, and I should clarify. is because im really all about new concepts that move things forward. make a better car. when I look at how this was done. it just seems to me to be something put together to "just" drive more sales with the whole carbon fiber buzzword tacked on to it. I just think you guys deserve better than that.

lastly, even if this does come out here in the usa, its not going to address the concerns dealers have right now. this certainly wont make up for losing the 4c if that is in fact, what ends up happening.

just my 2 cents.

nojeebs
10-21-2013, 11:50 PM
oh fiat...

just my 2 cents.

I hope you're trolling.

Fiat500USA
10-22-2013, 12:41 AM
It's a Euro car with a TJet motor. Lots of tuners have comparable tuning, so not that drastic. Check with our friends TMC, Pogea and Ferraris in Europe.

Fiat500USA
10-22-2013, 12:54 AM
Some more reading:Fiat500USA Tuner Report: Pogea Racing GmbH (http://www.fiat500usa.com/2010/07/fiat500usa-tuner-report-pogea-racing.html)

Fiat500USA Tuner Report:HAMANN-Motorsport tuning program - 275hp (http://www.fiat500usa.com/2010/03/fiat500usa-tuner-reporthamann.html)

Fiat500USA Tuner Report: Romeo Ferraris (http://www.fiat500usa.com/2009/10/fiat500usa-tuner-report-romeo-ferraris.html)

Romeo Ferraris Takes on America (http://www.fiat500usa.com/2012/11/romeo-ferraris-takes-on-america.html)