PDA

View Full Version : Ordered a 2013 w/all Options

500eee
09-17-2013, 06:27 PM
Hi guys, I've been waiting for a long time to get a 500e and finally one of the dealerships I've been bugging called me last week to confirm my order! I thought that Fiat had sold out all of the 500e's for the rest of the year???

I didn't want to post anything until it was finalized, and today it was. I have the paperwork for a 2013 500e in Grigio with a sunroof and eSport with a VIN# :)

Upon closer inspection, I just noticed that my Priced Order Confirmation says that it was ordered May 17th and that it should have shipped on July 9th. I'm guessing that they ordered it a long time ago, when I had told them the color and options I wanted (but they didn't want to say anything to me until they got confirmation??).

Anyway, they said it should be here as early as the end of the month or as late as the middle of next month.

I had just about given up :confusion:

The dealership is Signal Hill Fiat in Long Beach.

Andree
09-17-2013, 07:03 PM
THAT is good news! I'm so happy for you! I had pretty much given up myself. I stopped searching for your car everyday.

I really don't understand where the car has been all this time. Unless it was put in one of the regional warehouses and then nobody knew what to do after that point. LOL. I have the feeling something about the regional warehouse idea wasn't well thought out and resulted in delays instead of expedited delivery.

YOUR CAR IS COMING!

500eee
09-26-2013, 11:55 PM
I'm good- taking the time to get my garage wired for a level 2 charger and getting rid of my old car :yumyum:

500eee
10-04-2013, 09:18 PM
By the way, my lease ended up being $274/mo. with $1k down and 12k miles a year. And that's with the sunroof and sport package. I was originally quoted $290/mo. at 10k miles a year, but something about a new "residual value" lowered it :friendly_wink:

Andree
10-05-2013, 03:41 AM
By the way, my lease ended up being $274/mo. with $1k down and 12k miles a year. And that's with the sunroof and sport package. I was originally quoted $290/mo. at 10k miles a year, but something about a new "residual value" lowered it :friendly_wink:

That's good! Did you get it yet? Is it here? Are you driving around in your new eSport?

A new residual value? Meaning the car will be worth more or less than they originally thought? I'd guess they mean it would be worth more at the end of the lease, since I'd guess a whole bunch of 500e vehicles will be leaving the state at the end of the leases. There are just too many people who want that car in other states, and are willing to pay for the car to be shipped over to where they are.

California might be the first to get the 500e, but it won't be the only state after leases are up. Providing Fiat isn't going to pull a Honda and crush the cars when the leases are up, those cars will then head off to be collected or daily drivers elsewhere all over.

They'll be very scarce, since there won't be enough to go around for the entire country. My guess is that it will be a bidder war on the cars. They may sell for more than they were bought for originally. And, the new owners won't be limited to a certain number of miles. I don't think they'll be going cheaply, that's for sure.

500eee
10-05-2013, 03:13 PM
I don't have it yet! Supposed to be delivered this coming Friday :nevreness: I just emailed them not to install the front license plate!

Here's what Fiat says:

Livernois Vehicle Development, MI Future .. Railcar Placed at Destination Facility 10/01/2013 06:33 AM EDT Mira Loma, CA .. Unloaded From Railcar 10/01/2013 11:33 AM
Mira Loma, CA .. Vehicle Delivered to Dealer 10/10/2013 08:57 AM EDT Glenn E. Thomas Fiat
Signal Hill, CA

Andree
10-05-2013, 07:15 PM
They have an exact time the car will be delivered to the dealer? Hahaha!

Show up at the dealer at that time, and ask for your car then! Oh, but it will probably need to be charged first.

Did you get your battery charger hooked up? And your current car sold?

Have you read the manual yet? Good idea to get a head start on the basics so you don't spend your first weekend reading what to do, instead of practicing what you learned already. Setting the radio or checking the various hidden areas of the EVIC.

baritoneplayer
10-15-2013, 01:15 PM
My wife and I walked into Fiat of Fresno, drove the car, and bought it, all within in an hour and a half! This was after I read that ALL 500e's were sold out!

Andree
10-15-2013, 07:53 PM
My wife and I walked into Fiat of Fresno, drove the car, and bought it, all within in an hour and a half! This was after I read that ALL 500e's were sold out!

The cars were sold out. Between the manufacturer and the dealerships. All the cars that the manufacturer was going to make were spoken for, which is what Fiat said. But many people assumed it meant that the cars were all spoken for by individual buyers.

Glad to hear Fresno is doing good. Way back when the cars were first coming out, I'd suggested the outliers, Fresno, Bakersfield. Simply because they ARE the outliers, outside of the immediate SF or LA area. Looks like they have quite a few in transit right now.

kinmanc
10-16-2013, 11:30 AM

We had similar experience! Last Saturday, my wife and I went to Fiat of Fremont in Newark and walked out with a blend new 500e, in bright orange! According to the salesman, someone backed out of the deal last minute. However the site at Edmont http://www.edmunds.com/fiat/500e/2013/?sub=hatchback indicates that there are plenty availble.

On my way to work yesterday, I spotted a 500e, also in orange on Montague expressway, I drove past it and honked, the driver and I waved at each other. :-)