PDA

View Full Version : Some tips, and tricks and things learned with NeuF springs.

VTEC Mini
09-17-2013, 04:09 PM
First off I would like to thank, Chris, Krayzielilsmok1, FTY, Stealthy1ss and those I have missed for all the info when installing the NeuF springs. You guys made the job so much easier. Here are some things I noted during the install and being only a one man crew.

1. There is no need to remove the upper cowl. The way I got to the upper strut mount was I bought the ratchet set Krayz had in the video from Harbor Freight. I then took out only the push pin fastener near the hole for the mount. I then took a long screw driver and wedged it between the upper and lower cowl and stuck it into the wiper mechanism to keep it in place to give the wrench a greater swing. For the Allen wrench; I used a long "L" Allen wrench with a ball end on the long part. I put the ball end in the top the strut for greater articulation and used a hallow nut driver on the short end for leverage. Worked like a champ.

2. When installing the front strut by yourself, you can take the bottom mount hole on the strut itself and mount it to the upper strut mount hole on the spindle. This will keep it in place to install the upper mount on the strut. But, only screw the nut down to the nylon lock part until you mount the lower strut back on the spindle.

3. I reused the lower rubber mounts on the springs. They are an oblong "D" shape and the mounting pad is the same shape. Make sure you line it up.

lammie200
09-17-2013, 04:55 PM
You might want to clarify that item #3 pertains to the rear springs, unless you intended otherwise.

VTEC Mini
09-17-2013, 07:32 PM
You might want to clarify that item #3 pertains to the rear springs, unless you intended otherwise.Thanks, but I think you already did ;). Yes it pertains to the rear springs and if anybody takes on this job will quickly figure that out.

deathshead
09-18-2013, 09:35 AM
While its great to not pull the cowl, it only takes a few minutes and always good to gun those top nuts down to ensure that you will not have any clunking.

for the rear, you dont need the star bit, just pop the top bolts off the top.