PDA

View Full Version : Aye, Aye, aye!

VTEC Mini
09-17-2013, 08:35 AM
I installed the NueF springs over the weekend. I went to the dealer yesterday to check the alignment and they said the car is now too low to get on the rack so I need to take it to a performance shop. I asked for the specs and they would not give it to me..... Does anybody the alignment specs for the 2013 Abarth?

ScorpionSkins.com
09-17-2013, 09:11 AM
Specs: Fiat 500 and 500 Abarth Wheel Alignment Specs (http://www.fiat500usa.com/2012/06/fiat-500-and-500-abarth-wheel-alignment.html)

http://s9.postimg.org/j2x7xk7b3/Fiat500_USA_codm_Fiat_500_Abarth_Alignment_Specif. jpg

This is what I have saved up. Good luck! :)

SLOWAbarth
09-17-2013, 09:30 AM
That's BS, I'm sure they can jack it up onto the lift... my Z06 doesn't fit on a lift without jacking it up. Sounds like they are being lazy lol

Fiat500USA
09-17-2013, 10:20 AM
What's up with your studio! They won't give you the specs? Anyway, I discovered the alignment specs listed at TechAuthority were wrong and I contacted someone at Fiat and they corrected them and sent me the image above for me to publish so everyone will have them.

As far as getting an alignment, make sure the alignment place can deal with a lowered car. Good shops will have a special ramp made so the car can be driven up or some other system. Without that ramp or system, it is iffy because it takes extra time and the car can get damaged if they aren't careful. Expect to pay more if they need to wrestle the car up onto the lift. In my experience, if a shop is reluctant to do something, it is best to move on.

VTEC Mini
09-17-2013, 12:56 PM
What's up with your studio! They won't give you the specs? Anyway, I discovered the alignment specs listed at TechAuthority were wrong and I contacted someone at Fiat and they corrected them and sent me the image above for me to publish so everyone will have them.

As far as getting an alignment, make sure the alignment place can deal with a lowered car. Good shops will have a special ramp made so the car can be driven up or some other system. Without that ramp or system, it is iffy because it takes extra time and the car can get damaged if they aren't careful. Expect to pay more if they need to wrestle the car up onto the lift. In my experience, if a shop is reluctant to do something, it is best to move on.Yeah, don't get me started about my studio..... So Chris, the chart in ScorpianSkins post is the correct one? Thanks for the tips! :)

Abarth Five O
09-17-2013, 01:35 PM
You got me started on a sore issue for me. I had the same issue w/ my LS when I brought it in for warranty work i.e. their antiquated lift could not get under my lowered car, so I built my own lift blocks for them to use and they charged me an extra $80 because they said "it was outside the scope of their union duties".

bsflag

Fiat500USA
09-17-2013, 02:52 PM
Yeah, don't get me started about my studio..... So Chris, the chart in ScorpianSkins post is the correct one? Thanks for the tips! :)

Yeah, that's the one I got from Fiat.

shadyabarth
09-17-2013, 02:53 PM
VTECMINI...Where are you located?

VTEC Mini
09-17-2013, 03:43 PM
Yeah, that's the one I got from Fiat.
Thanks Chris!

VTECMINI...Where are you located?
Bakersfield CA- Armpit of the state..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB9UO4QT2Y8

deathshead
09-18-2013, 09:33 AM
But I bet they can get a viper on the lift....

I also call Bravo Sierra and lazyness.
leave and never go back.