PDA

View Full Version : Is it still possible to order a 2013 Abarth?

DOGTOR
09-16-2013, 08:51 PM
With the 2014 Abarths coming out at the end of the year (so I am told), the sales rep at the local studio said that they are no longer taking orders for the 2013 Abarth. Does anyone know if this is true? Not that I don't want to trust the rep, but he hasn't shown the most promise about knowledge of the Fiat line, such as how the interior components worked or the fact that it was even possible to spec out a car to be built to order (seriously! I had to argue with him about the ability to order a car with custom specs, until he finally called somebody else who then verified that it was possible. This was the "Fiat expert" at this dealership."

Now, I am not averse to waiting until the 2014 is available, but based on hopefully reliable information (http://www.fiat500usa.com/2013/09/2014-fiat-500-abarth-features-and.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Fiat500USA+%28Fiat+500+USA%29 ), it doesn't seem like the two model years will be substantially different (save a new color option). All that it would likely do is cost me more money to wait until the 2014.

Thanks for any insight.

Jonathan

Robert Nixon
09-16-2013, 09:53 PM
I don't know, why not call a different dealer and tell them you want to order?

Fiat500USA
09-16-2013, 10:37 PM
I was also told that you can't order 2013s when I did my story on pricing. The Abarth info I received is directly from Fiat, so it is acurate, with the caveat that they reserve the right to make changes, etc. Not all the pricing for 2014 is out, but remaining 2013 Abarths have gone up (Fiat 500 and 500L Pricing Increase) (http://www.fiat500usa.com/2013/09/fiat-500-and-500l-pricing-increase.html) and it is expected to carry over to the 2014.

Andree
09-17-2013, 04:02 AM
With the 2014 Abarths coming out at the end of the year (so I am told), the sales rep at the local studio said that they are no longer taking orders for the 2013 Abarth. Does anyone know if this is true? Not that I don't want to trust the rep, but he hasn't shown the most promise about knowledge of the Fiat line, such as how the interior components worked or the fact that it was even possible to spec out a car to be built to order (seriously! I had to argue with him about the ability to order a car with custom specs, until he finally called somebody else who then verified that it was possible. This was the "Fiat expert" at this dealership."

Now, I am not averse to waiting until the 2014 is available, but based on hopefully reliable information (http://www.fiat500usa.com/2013/09/2014-fiat-500-abarth-features-and.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Fiat500USA+%28Fiat+500+USA%29 ), it doesn't seem like the two model years will be substantially different (save a new color option). All that it would likely do is cost me more money to wait until the 2014.

Thanks for any insight.

Jonathan

What do you want and what state are you in? There's a good chance that what you want is already out there. Somewhere. The car that you would have ordered is probably waiting for you, so you don't have to wait for it.

Some dealers are very good about ordering/getting a little bit of everything in. Both Austin and Denver seem to get a nice variety of Fiats. More than happy to help you find the car you want. I like searching online. I've found a couple of cars for people here, and helped a few people in their searches. Sometimes the cars just aren't out there locally, though. Or seemingly at all, at the time when I've started searching.

Now's the time to start on the search and to know just how flexible you can be. When I started searching last year, I was looking for one thing, and months later ended up with something else, because I couldn't find what I wanted in the first place. And because of that, I missed out on the hot deals that I could have gotten if I'd been as flexible in the first place. LOL.

I don't work for a dealer at all, I just like to have something to keep me busy and I really like car searching and looking at all the pictures.

DOGTOR
09-17-2013, 09:20 PM
What do you want and what state are you in? There's a good chance that what you want is already out there. Somewhere. The car that you would have ordered is probably waiting for you, so you don't have to wait for it.

Some dealers are very good about ordering/getting a little bit of everything in. Both Austin and Denver seem to get a nice variety of Fiats. More than happy to help you find the car you want. I like searching online. I've found a couple of cars for people here, and helped a few people in their searches. Sometimes the cars just aren't out there locally, though. Or seemingly at all, at the time when I've started searching.

Now's the time to start on the search and to know just how flexible you can be. When I started searching last year, I was looking for one thing, and months later ended up with something else, because I couldn't find what I wanted in the first place. And because of that, I missed out on the hot deals that I could have gotten if I'd been as flexible in the first place. LOL.

I don't work for a dealer at all, I just like to have something to keep me busy and I really like car searching and looking at all the pictures.

I'm looking specifically for a red Abarth with comfort package (w/ or w/o leather) and white mirror caps and side stripes, no sun roof, no Beats audio. I'm in Maine. I've searched extensively through most of New England, and I haven't found one to match these criteria. Closest I found was the above description, but with a sun roof.

Andree
09-18-2013, 10:24 AM
I'm looking specifically for a red Abarth with comfort package (w/ or w/o leather) and white mirror caps and side stripes, no sun roof, no Beats audio. I'm in Maine. I've searched extensively through most of New England, and I haven't found one to match these criteria. Closest I found was the above description, but with a sun roof.

Here ya go: http://www.fiatusaofwatertown.com/new/FIAT/2013-FIAT-500-8c525bf10a0a00e0011e826f7f0988e9.htm

It's in New York. Waiting for you to pick it up.

DOGTOR
09-18-2013, 01:28 PM
Here ya go: http://www.fiatusaofwatertown.com/new/FIAT/2013-FIAT-500-8c525bf10a0a00e0011e826f7f0988e9.htm

It's in New York. Waiting for you to pick it up.

That's amazing. Thank you!! Now, if the wife lets me get it, that's a different story.

Andree
09-18-2013, 08:16 PM
That's amazing. Thank you!! Now, if the wife lets me get it, that's a different story.

What are you driving now, and what is the mpg. Depending on what you have now, you could be getting better mpg in the Abarth.

Check this thread for Abarth mpg: http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?5434-Abarth-real-world-mileage-thread

It all depends on how it's driven. Expect to suffer if you have short trips. And enjoy the economy on longer highway trips.

Also check out the Turbo and Turbo Cattiva.

See this thread: http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?11869-500-Turbo-A-sporty-car-or-a-high-mpg-car

They aren't showing the Turbo Cattiva as being available yet, but here's the Fiat website: http://www.fiatusa.com/en/2013/500/cattiva/

Has the body of the Abarth. Here is the Fiat page for the Turbo: http://www.fiatusa.com/en/2013/500/turbo/

No matter which one you get, you have to realize one thing. Your wife will want a 500 too. LOL.

And it will be much easier to convince your wife if you were to tell her you were thinking of getting an "economy car". The Turbo has that in-between flexibility to get some great mpg while also offering performance.

DOGTOR
09-18-2013, 09:27 PM
I'm in a 2009 Mazda3, averaging 29 mpg, so changing to a Fiat (regardless of model) would be an improvement. However, it's the range that's most applicable. I drive 80 miles per day, so that 10.5 gallon tank would make the refills quite frequent.

Ironically, the argument is that the Fiat may be too economy, proving to be impractical in the future.

JoeB
09-18-2013, 09:33 PM
I'm in a 2009 Mazda3, averaging 29 mpg, so changing to a Fiat (regardless of model) would be an improvement. However, it's the range that's most applicable. I drive 80 miles per day, so that 10.5 gallon tank would make the refills quite frequent.

Ironically, the argument is that the Fiat may be too economy, proving to be impractical in the future.

That's practically a direct lateral move, just add fun. I average about 29 mpg, and have plenty of room for people/stuff in my Cabrio. You'll have more with the hatchback. If the debate is over needing something bigger later, I can't help ya, but if it's about sacrificing something the 3 has, that's not gonna happen. And there's no such thing as "too economy" in a country of $4.50 gas..

Andree
09-18-2013, 11:29 PM

Two Mazda sticks (2.3 and 2.0) vs Abarth:
http://fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=25436&id=33028&id=25438

The refills shouldn't be any more frequent. Here's why... You're driving 80 miles a day. Every three days you drive 240 miles. You'll need to fill up the Mazda at that point, with an approximate range (from link above) of 326-352 miles per tank. You won't get another full trip out of the Mazda. With the Abarth, you'd still get three full trips/days, before needing to fill up, with it's range of 293. Then you start at square one again, with a full tank of gas, and three days worth of commute fuel with extra fuel left over.

Either way, you still have to fill up every three days. You'll have more left over in the Mazda, but not enough to get four days worth.

Juair
09-18-2013, 11:42 PM
When a bought my 2013 Abarth on july 2013 i can't order one...........i need to wait the 2014 model to order one (march 2014).I take my Abarth in my dealer showroom!!

FiatCares
09-20-2013, 05:31 PM

Thanks for any insight.

Jonathan

Dealer stock is available but too late to order one. We may, however, be able find whatever a client may want -

Andree
09-20-2013, 08:33 PM
Dealer stock is available but too late to order one. We may, however, be able find whatever a client may want -

I already found him one. And I'm ready to help other people find what they want too. Although sometimes the car a person wants isn't in the area.