PDA

View Full Version : How did you customise your 500L ?

Mario500L
09-15-2013, 07:26 AM
I saw a lot of customisations / add ons on the 500, but I am curious how to do the same on the 500L. I am not talking here about very expensive customizations , but little things that can make our 500L looks even more cool.

sjmst
09-15-2013, 10:48 AM
I'm not big on mods, but I think the 500L would benefit from some work.
Most obvious is suspension. Lower a bit. Then the plain jane front end. Maybe surrounds that cut down on the HUGE headlights? Dress up the front and give it more character?

my500L
09-15-2013, 11:03 AM
So far I have just tinted windows and had mine pinstriped. I will be lowering it some and probably installing a piggyback ECU to further increase performance. If they ever release the roof rack I will purchase that as well since I have a need for it. Currently there are not a lot of options available cosmetically but as more are sold, aftermarket suppliers will grow accordingly

Tweak
09-15-2013, 02:17 PM
Modding a 500L...this is the guy to speak to! (NGenFiat, AKA Bryan)

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?11497-Check-out-our-Tricked-Out-500L!&highlight=ngenfiat

Mario500L
09-15-2013, 03:10 PM
Hello Tweak,

I saw these guys work doing a bit of research, but too colorful for my taste, but that is only me, I will be kind of driving a "mobile" disco in DC, and unfortunately I am a bit over 21 years now :) , guess for someone like Justin Beber, can be a cool customisation.

Babbles
09-15-2013, 03:24 PM
I guess you could just rethink the "L" portion of the 500. . . that takes care of the Justin Bieber problem ;)

500Limousine :lol::lol:

Tweak
09-15-2013, 07:16 PM
Hello Tweak,

I saw these guys work doing a bit of research, but too colorful for my taste, but that is only me, I will be kind of driving a "mobile" disco in DC, and unfortunately I am a bit over 21 years now :) , guess for someone like Justin Beber, can be a cool customisation.

Indeed they did go pretty far with that one, just figured I'd mention it as they are the only ones that have modded that far, means they can do what you like with or without the "flash" I'd imagine. 500Madness also has done some mods to their L so another option, they were more mild on the look though.

NGEN
09-15-2013, 10:18 PM
Hello Tweak,

Mario500L,

We can definitely assist you with customizing your 500L. When we did ours, we wanted it to be loud, REALLY LOUD. It was mainly to show what all can be done and how much you can transform this thing. We will be offering a lot of exterior accessories that go from mild to wild. Just depends on your taste. If you like, shoot me an e-mail admin@ngenfiat.com or just PM me and we can talk about what you are looking to do.

Luv2byte
09-16-2013, 07:10 PM
Only little things so far, besides buying new detailing supplies we the dealer saw from out SUV that I like Weathertech tray liners, they are not avail yet for 500L but they gave us slush mats for free. Then when we picked up our car & it took longer to finish up something's (such as activating nav & Sxm) they reimbursed the cost of the Weathertech cargo liner we already bought. Only other things are license plate frames (I hate being a roving free ad for dealerships w their frames). Oh, I got a cell phone holder but since car is in the shop I have no idea how or it it works for the car.

MADNESSLuckyJay
09-16-2013, 07:34 PM
We are welding up our dual exhaust for the 500L today! Prototype almost done into production soon! We also have springs, we are testing an intake, GOPedal, 500 MADNESS ecu, wheels and brakes!

Tweak
09-16-2013, 09:43 PM
Only little things so far, besides buying new detailing supplies we the dealer saw from out SUV that I like Weathertech tray liners, they are not avail yet for 500L but they gave us slush mats for free. Then when we picked up our car & it took longer to finish up something's (such as activating nav & Sxm) they reimbursed the cost of the Weathertech cargo liner we already bought. Only other things are license plate frames (I hate being a roving free ad for dealerships w their frames). Oh, I got a cell phone holder but since car is in the shop I have no idea how or it it works for the car.

If you like Weathertech snag there enclosed license plate frame, I like mine. :cool: