PDA

View Full Version : Menu GSI Econ OFF? More power/response?

littlejohn
09-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Been driving mostly in Sport Mode for obvious reasons listed by others here....but, left work , playing with the Menu I came across GSI Econ option, so I switched it to Off. I'm not sure if I'm imagining this or not, but I drove home with the Sport button off the entire way, and for the first time felt the car had decent response without Sport pressed, prior the car just had no power unless the button was depressed?
Can this be right?

AnthonyV
09-12-2013, 07:28 PM
GSI is Gear Shift Indicator, econ on or off just means that when the car isn't in sport mode the shift indicator lights up at I think something like 2500-3k RPM in each gear in an effort to get you to upshft earlier and conserve fuel. From what I remember though, when you turn it off, it also turns off the shift indicator light when the car is in sport. In sport it comes on to tell you to upshift when you reach redline. A good thing. I like the shift indicator light, and mine stays in sport just about always anyway haha Anyway, I don't think switching the GSI off does anything else but turn the light off.

They sell a sport button that is modded to automatically put the car in sport every time you start it, if you really just want it to be in sport all the time. I think it's like $150 bucks after you turn in your stock button. For a $150 I'll just push the sport button every time til it wears out lol

Tweak
09-12-2013, 11:08 PM
The GSI shift change doesn't make any actual changes to power but if you press and hold ESC for about 7-10 seconds till the msg appears stating it is off you'll gain a bit from that. Without the management in place more torque is usable. (I think that'd be the best way to explain it).

jguerdat
09-13-2013, 06:20 AM
^ Yup, with ESC completely off the torque limiting in 1st and 2nd is gone.

littlejohn
09-13-2013, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the tip on the ESC, I have a 2013 and when I press the ESC button once it says off on the cluster. For 2013 is there just on and off for the ESC and I don't hold the button in?

AnthonyV
09-13-2013, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the tip on the ESC, I have a 2013 and when I press the ESC button once it says off on the cluster. For 2013 is there just on and off for the ESC and I don't hold the button in?

If you push it once it will just say off with the little yellow light on the cluster. If you hold down for like 10 seconds or so you'll get the text in the digital menu that reads ESC OFF, That means the ESC is now completely deactivated.

BigDaddySRT
09-13-2013, 08:06 PM
Hold the ESC Button for 6 Seconds = ESC Full OFF

Tweak
09-13-2013, 10:14 PM

You're welcome. I have a 2013 also. ;)

If you push it once it will just say off with the little yellow light on the cluster. If you hold down for like 10 seconds or so you'll get the text in the digital menu that reads ESC OFF, That means the ESC is now completely deactivated.

Hold the ESC Button for 6 Seconds = ESC Full OFF

What they said and as I mentioned above but perhaps with a little more detail on the EVIC readout added. I just stated till the msg appears meaning on the digital menu, the ESC light is from a quick push and is only a partial deactivation. :cool:

littlejohn
09-14-2013, 10:55 AM
Thanks, Ok I see now, it is still a 3 level affair, on/ off, and then hold and and I got the "text" off. I'll drive some today with it full off, see how it goes, ...as far as none sport, heck maybe it was a just a better grade of gas or something, but I'm liking non-sport too now, and the lighter steering in that mode is nice.