PDA

View Full Version : My New Seatbelts

currysteph
09-12-2013, 01:56 PM
Shared this on the other forums so thought I share here.

Photo doesnt do it much justice but replaced my OEM black belts with OEM Compliant Red ones :-)

FTY
09-12-2013, 02:30 PM
That looks pretty cool!! I like it a lot.

redred
09-12-2013, 02:33 PM
Awesome! Looks great!

09-12-2013, 03:17 PM
That looks pretty cool!! I like it a lot.

New product line Chris? Get on it, these could be very popular!!

Corrnaus
09-12-2013, 05:47 PM
New product line Chris? Get on it, these could be very popular!!

I second that Chris!!!

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Where did you get these?!?!

Spool500
09-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Somebody please tell me where to buy these!!!

Abarth619
09-12-2013, 08:42 PM
Those look great!

Robert Nixon
09-12-2013, 09:04 PM
Did you just buy the webbing?

shadyabarth
09-12-2013, 10:51 PM
I have searched high and low for this...details please!!

GetsThruBuckner
09-12-2013, 10:54 PM
Is it just me or does that passenger seat appear to have super supple leather? Mine is tight as a drum. I like that look better.

Tweak
09-12-2013, 11:35 PM
Is it just me or does that passenger seat appear to have super supple leather? Mine is tight as a drum. I like that look better.

I noticed this as well, my guess is a recent cleaning and conditioning just before the picture was taken. Mine is also tight and looks harder, except the seat portion of the driver seat, is isn't tight as an unused seat might be but it isn't a sloppy mess by any means either. :)

ScorpionSkins.com
09-12-2013, 11:43 PM
For those of you with a bit of sag in their leather seats such as the ones pictured above, I'd recommend taking a heat gun or hairdryer on low settings and very gently passing over the leather (without burning it) for a good 10-15 minutes. If the leather has been properly maintained, it should bounce back and tighten up to near-factory conditions. I've tested this technique on my vehicle with great results.

(Cool seat belts! I'd like to see more photos if you have them.)

NGEN
09-12-2013, 11:47 PM
We installed these on currysteph's Abarth. They look really great and we are looking to offer these very soon on our website. Details coming soon.

NGEN
09-12-2013, 11:49 PM
As for his passenger seat, the leather has been replaced... twice. Hey had some issues with his original leather and Fiat replaced the leather. Apparently you can order just the leather kit that slides over the seat (might be cheaper for those cloth Abarth owners).

GetsThruBuckner
09-13-2013, 12:15 AM
As for his passenger seat, the leather has been replaced... twice. Hey had some issues with his original leather and Fiat replaced the leather. Apparently you can order just the leather kit that slides over the seat (might be cheaper for those cloth Abarth owners).

HMMM. I don't mean to "thread-jack" here, but what sort of issue might one need to get these replacements?

deathshead
09-13-2013, 02:14 PM
AWESOME!
I have been wanting the Gucci seatbelts since forever, can u get those?>

redred
09-13-2013, 02:18 PM
Apparently you can order just the leather kit that slides over the seat (might be cheaper for those cloth Abarth owners).

Do you know if you can order just the leather arm rests for the doors? I'd love to change mine out. Happy with the cloth seats, but I think the doors would look better with leather on them.

Loving that seatbelt though! Was that sourced from Europe?

Fiat500USA
09-13-2013, 02:34 PM
Do you know if you can order just the leather arm rests for the doors? I'd love to change mine out. Happy with the cloth seats, but I think the doors would look better with leather on them.

If you get just the armrest, here is how you install it. Fiat 500 and 500 Abarth Door Panel Insert Mod (http://www.fiat500usa.com/2012/10/fiat-500-and-500-abarth-door-panel.html) I am thinking you need to buy the whole door panel, though.

You'll have to drill out the rivets for the armrest:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-6sazeS6HNhw/UHOm2mkgj4I/AAAAAAAANvI/7ZRN5IvuJ5M/s400/Fiat500USA.com-Fiat-500-drill-here.jpg

currysteph
09-14-2013, 12:22 AM
HMMM. I don't mean to "thread-jack" here, but what sort of issue might one need to get these replacements?

My issue was that on the back of your leather seats are two zipper seams (without the zipper pull tag)...my zipper seam separated shortly after getting the car....so I took it back to the dealership and they ordered a new seat cover for me (apparently these are covers)....anyway the new cover just didnt fit as tight as the factory install....I believe this is because at the factory it is pulled tighter via robots than my human tech could do at the local dealership.

currysteph
09-14-2013, 12:25 AM

No everything was done here in the USA.....had to deal with 3 separate entities to get it done thou and as far as I know I'm the only one to have done this (thank you thank you....I stole this idea from TopGear)....I was the expensive ginny pig on this mod....around $600 after all was said and done....now that we know the in's and out's it shouldn't be near that expensive...but if you don't know what your doing you'll screw up your airbag system....(which is why the expense of it rose)

NGenFIAT has perfected the install on this and is considering offering this modification sometime soon.....The biggest obstacle is that you have to have/get/buy an additional OEM seat belt setup (driver/passenger)....unless you don't want to drive your car while the belts are off being changed over then you can ship your originals...but like I said if you aren't careful you can mess up your side airbag system pretty easily as the airbag gas canisters are attached to the seatbelt retraction mechanism.

currysteph
09-14-2013, 12:35 AM
Somebody please tell me where to buy these!!!

cant....I had to have them custom done....

sjb2720
09-19-2013, 04:04 PM
This sounds awesome! is there any update?!?

Spool500
09-20-2013, 07:49 AM
cant....I had to have them custom done....
Custom done by whom? Obviously it can be done

acrcpe45
09-24-2013, 07:38 PM
You can buy 24 different colored seat belt webbings from:

http://www.ssnake-oyl.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=Ssnake-Oyl&Category_Code=SB_WEBBING

They also restore and re-web seat belts, they are well known in the muscle car community.

For the guy that said he looked and looked and looked... This isn't rocket science, google "seat belt rewebbing", viola. If you haven't found it, you aren't searching hard enough.

https://www.seatbeltplanet.com/webbing-replacement/?gclid=CNCN0vGZ5bkCFabm7Aod5GwAWw

That's another known one,

Mike

NGEN
09-26-2013, 12:13 AM
We are working on this to make it easy to install. As currysteph said, unless you want have your car down with the seatbelts out, you're limited. Yes you are can order the webbing but for the "average joe", a plug and play is best. Our goal is to offer a set so that when you receive them, you install them and then send us your originals. Makes it easy and no down time. When complete, you will not have to disconnect any portion of our airbag system (other than disconnecting the battery and letting it sit for 20 minutes). We will more than likely start with a group buy.

shadyabarth
09-26-2013, 03:00 PM
We are working on this to make it easy to install. As currysteph said, unless you want have your car down with the seatbelts out, you're limited. Yes you are can order the webbing but for the "average joe", a plug and play is best. Our goal is to offer a set so that when you receive them, you install them and then send us your originals. Makes it easy and no down time. When complete, you will not have to disconnect any portion of our airbag system (other than disconnecting the battery and letting it sit for 20 minutes). We will more than likely start with a group buy.

This is definitely something I would love to have available for our cars..Any ETA on when the group buy will happen and cost?

sjb2720
09-26-2013, 06:12 PM
Agreed, I would love to get in on this. Thanks for the update

acrcpe45
09-27-2013, 03:05 PM

Great, hope it works out for you. Nothing wrong with showing everyone the options. Changing seat belt webbing color isn't a new idea.

Mike

melanzane
09-28-2013, 01:02 PM
...Or you could save a ton of dough and pop these on.

Not exactly the same, but the added comfort is definitely a bonus!

found on eBay.

streetsurfer
09-28-2013, 03:06 PM
Very nice. I like this accent so much better than red seat inserts. It sets the black interior of nicely, accentuating the red stitching.

JackandSue
09-28-2013, 04:30 PM
Here's my new seat belt. It's a 3 inch 5 point harness. We left the oem in for dai80148015ly driving.

streetsurfer
09-28-2013, 06:44 PM
I like that!

shadyabarth
09-28-2013, 08:36 PM
Here's my new seat belt. It's a 3 inch 5 point harness. We left the oem in for dai80148015ly driving.

Where did you buy that harness bar from?

mono98
10-04-2013, 12:26 PM
You can buy 24 different colored seat belt webbings from:

http://www.ssnake-oyl.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=Ssnake-Oyl&Category_Code=SB_WEBBING

They also restore and re-web seat belts, they are well known in the muscle car community.

For the guy that said he looked and looked and looked... This isn't rocket science, google "seat belt rewebbing", viola. If you haven't found it, you aren't searching hard enough.

https://www.seatbeltplanet.com/webbing-replacement/?gclid=CNCN0vGZ5bkCFabm7Aod5GwAWw

That's another known one,

Mike

Hey guys!! an update!!!

So I did my homework and this is what I found following the links that Mike left...

You have to send the seatbelts to them (seatbelt planet) they will take 2 1/2 weeks and will charge you 135 for each seatbelt! not bad uhu!

I definetely will do it! gr_grin

Thanks!!!

JackandSue
10-04-2013, 02:07 PM
Where did you buy that harness bar from?

It was fabricated locally I can get you the contact info if you want it.

redred
10-04-2013, 02:15 PM

That turned out pretty great! When you daily drive, do you just sit on top of the 5 point? Or does it come out through the seat pass through?

shadyabarth
10-09-2013, 12:32 PM
It was fabricated locally I can get you the contact info if you want it.

Yes please..My wife won't let me put a full cage in but she didnt say anything about a harness bar though lol