PDA

View Full Version : REV or Dash Command?

09-12-2013, 01:41 PM
As the title says really. I have an ELM wifi dongle and an iPhone 4S, so which over priced app does thr job best for the Abarth?

Cheers

Abarth Five O
09-12-2013, 02:24 PM
I just got DC to basically read/clear codes based on reviews on this forum. Didn't know about REV. I agree DC is overpriced but the choices were limited and I was in a rush. Looking at all of the DC features, it's sufficient for my use, but the Torque app w/ Droid is as good or better at a lot less in cost.

GetsThruBuckner
09-12-2013, 09:42 PM
Android here, and I love torque. There are available plug-ins with Fiat specific PID's, plus other plug-ins for added displays. Sorry if that doesn't help.

Lou Caputo
01-16-2014, 10:24 AM
[QUOGetsThruBucknerE=GetsThruBuckner;628469]Android here, and I love torque. There are available plug-ins with Fiat specific PID's, plus other plug-ins for added displays. Sorry if that doesn't help.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but a search showed this as relevant.

I've started using Torque, and I was wondering what parameters you put into the profile? Some of my readings seem a bit off, which leads me to believe my input is less than perfect.

BTW, GetsThruBuckner, I was born in Mount Vernon...small world.

GetsThruBuckner
01-17-2014, 09:25 PM
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but a search showed this as relevant.

I've started using Torque, and I was wondering what parameters you put into the profile? Some of my readings seem a bit off, which leads me to believe my input is less than perfect.

BTW, GetsThruBuckner, I was born in Mount Vernon...small world.

Hey Lou, Mount Vernon probably isn't nearly as nice as it once was. There are potholes that could swallow my Abarth, lol. As far as your question. Are you talking about the Vehicle profile? I would suggest primarily that you download the Fiat Advanced Plug-in available in the Google Play Store, or right through the app. For my vehicle profile I have the parameters set as follows

Engine displacement- 1.4
Vehicle weight- 2680 lbs
Fuel Type- Petrol
Boost adjustment- 0.0
Mqx Dial RPM- 6500
Volumetric Efficiency %- 85
Fuel Tank Capacity- 10.5

Once you download the Fiat Advanced Plug-in you can go into the "adapter status" on the main menu. From there, given the vehicle is running, you can select "available sensors" anything highlighted in green is something that the adapter can read. there should be many options to choose from. I have gone through many configurations over time. It's fun to play with :rockon:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Wc4PwQmXB-0/UhKw4fPEsaI/AAAAAAAAGaU/m_zUSLkBf2o/w1218-h685-no/Torque1.jpg
Just on of many. I currently use the Racing Meter Plug-in as well. It doesn't have as many gauge options but the amber color matches the other gauges perfectly. Enjoy.

Lou Caputo
01-18-2014, 12:04 PM
Ahhh...Adaptor Status...that's what I was missing. I had downloaded the Advanced Plug-in, but I guess I didn't spend enough time exploring. Thanks for the tip! BTW, was that a screenshot you posted? I only ask because it's showing 192ft-lbs of torque! That's impressive.