PDA

View Full Version : Leaving for work early

elorablue
09-12-2013, 01:29 PM
Does anyone else do this?
My direct drive to work takes just a bit over half an hour. It's a nice country roads drive but is lacking in corners. So I find myself more and more leaving an extra half hour earlier just so I can take the twisty roads. xxrotflmao
I remember a top gear episode where clarkson took his Black Merc out for a drive ( to wales) for no other reason than to drive it.. This is exactly how I feel with myAbarth. I've never felt this urge with any other car I've owned.

Anyone else just can't get enough of this little smile inducing terrier? Ha!

Haring
09-12-2013, 01:40 PM
I have 3 routes to get to work. One is direct (which I don't use because of tolls and no fun to drive), the second is highway slightly out of the way but high speeds, and the third has more lights and allows more people to see and hear the Abarth :D

Deffmikey
09-12-2013, 01:53 PM
I've had my car for two weeks now and I've put 1400 miles on it. It's so muh fun!

b56.1m6
09-12-2013, 03:13 PM
Mine is a second car I only take it out to drive it. I think I may have actually used once or twice to run an errand, and it has over 1800 miles on it all from joy rides!

jcunny33
09-12-2013, 05:15 PM
My joy ride yesterday has become quite regular...218 miles over the Cherohala Skyway and back over the Tail of the Dragon. Nice to be semi-retired and have such a fun car and time to enjoy it.

duster497
09-12-2013, 07:02 PM
I find myself, like others, making excuses to drive my Abarth. This has been one of the first downfalls of working from home-no commute. Which finds me sneaking away on my lunch for a quick drive. Drives on the weekend into the mountains. I even have dreams at night of driving my Abarth!!!

Abarth619
09-12-2013, 08:48 PM
I'm lazy so I usually leave for work later so I have to go faster. I find myself running more errands than ever before though. :)

GetsThruBuckner
09-12-2013, 11:08 PM
I am too tired to leave for work early as well. On the drive home on the other hand. The drive home must be the long route. If for no other reason, just to make the other drivers awe at the exhaust note of this car.