PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Hood Spear : Anyone ?

Mario500L
09-12-2013, 08:05 AM
Anyone tried the chrome hood spear on 500L ? If so, how hard to install.

http://moparonlineparts.com/fiat-500l-chrome-hood-spear-p-4187.html

Mario500L
09-13-2013, 09:43 AM
Update: I talked with the parts vendor, and is just a double side tape (with a very strong glue) that is used to attach the part to the hood. Same one used on the 500. My only question now, will if someone that has the 500L already attached the "chrome hood spear", and if looks good. A concern would be if a new part on the hood, even that small will affect the car's aerodynamics , what implies on a "higher" gas consuption (been "freak" here).

Robert Nixon
09-13-2013, 01:00 PM
I'm sure it will have no measurable impact on aero efficiency or coefficient of drag, unless you plan to be driving at Warp speed, in which case the only change will be that the wheels will melt first!

Mario500L
09-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Robert,

You are saying that I can't drive at Warp speed with my 500L! Oh G! , I was thinking all that time the 6th gear was for that, thanks, you just ruined my day ! :)

{ Warp speed, was funny , thanks for the lol }

Wolfie
09-14-2013, 12:21 AM
Here you go: http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?7656-Hood-Spear

Very easy instal with 3Mtape and I can assure you that you won't burn any extra fuel gr_grin

Mario500L
09-15-2013, 07:09 AM
Hello Wolfie,

Thanks, good to know I will keep my 32 miles/gallon average :greedy_dollars: . I am still thinking about, since the 500L hood is not the same as the 500 , I am still not sure if will look as good as on the 500. This is why I was anxious to know if someone already got one on the 500L.

Andree
09-15-2013, 06:27 PM
Hello Wolfie,

Thanks, good to know I will keep my 32 miles/gallon average :greedy_dollars: . I am still thinking about, since the 500L hood is not the same as the 500 , I am still not sure if will look as good as on the 500. This is why I was anxious to know if someone already got one on the 500L.

This looks to be a slighter larger view of the chrome hood spear on the 500L than what is shown on the Fiat link you provided:
http://www.lotpro.com/blog/2013/08/22/mopar-unveils-fiat-500l-accessories/

You could get the part, and just lay it on the hood, take some pics with and without the part on the hood. Then sit down and view the photos to decide which you like best.

If you love it, great. If you don't, you can return the part, as it's not been used/adhered.

There's the third option, add it now. And you can always remove it at some future date if you decide to go with a different exterior accessory, like stripes. All these adhesive graphics and add-ons can be removed. They aren't bolted to the hood, and there won't be holes if you decide to remove it.

Do you have bright chrome or brushed chrome on the door handles?

Mario500L
09-15-2013, 08:06 PM
Andree,

Thanks! I have the bright chrome handles. My 500L is the "verde bosco perla".

Andree
09-16-2013, 06:47 PM
Andree,

Thanks! I have the bright chrome handles. My 500L is the "verde bosco perla".

I think it would look good with the Verde Bosco Perla! Just a touch of extra flash.

Isn't there a chrome goodie on the back step area?

There are several chrome items that could be added for just a touch more, without going nuts. The Lounge model has the chrome mirror covers and a side inset. If you don't have them, they could be a nice addition. Again, they're all something you can get, look at, return if you don't like the looks of them on your specific car.

Here's a solid Verde Bosco Perla Lounge in Van Nuys with pics, so you can see the other chrome accents (if you don't have them already):
http://www.fiatusaofvannuys.com/new/FIAT/2014-FIAT-500L-7d5bd0db0a0a00de018db76b6e072536.htm

I like the chrome on the solid color cars. The cars that have the contrast roof, I'd like the mirror covers to match the roof, and they usually do, unless it's a Lounge. I like the graphics, then, to match the roof, or to provide some contrast or accent on a solid non-metallic car.

Jalpa_Mike
09-25-2013, 10:00 PM
Just installed the chrome hood spear on our 500L "Trekking" tonight. That and the Italian Flag badges. :)

Wolfie
09-25-2013, 10:35 PM
Looks good!!