PDA

View Full Version : Rattling noise

TAFFSPEED
09-08-2013, 08:40 PM
Is anyone having any sort of rattling sound coming from somwhere in the front of the steering wheel? It sounds like there is something loose only at a certain RPM when driving.

FiatCACares
09-09-2013, 02:23 PM
Taffspeed,

This isn't something that I have heard of. Have you heard the noise since purchased? What year is your Fiat?

Has this been looked at by your studio? They will be able to assist in pinpointing where the noise is coming from as it is difficult to properly diagnose the concern through online correspondence. If you would like assistance reviewing the concerns with your local Fiat dealer, please feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to help.

Ilion
09-27-2013, 08:13 PM
Is anyone having any sort of rattling sound coming from somwhere in the front of the steering wheel? It sounds like there is something loose only at a certain RPM when driving.

I had the same issue with my Fiat 500L.
It was nothing serious but it was annoying.
I took it to dealer, they kept it for a day to find a problem and fixed it by relocation of the weight on the air-conditioning tube. It seemed that weight was too close to engine which caused vibrations and annoying sound on approximately 2000 RPM. Dealer booked the fix as 1hr job under the warranty.

I apologize for my English. I'm from a non-English speaking country and I'm not too familiar with words / expressions used in car mechanics...

Mario500L
09-28-2013, 04:39 AM
I took it to dealer, they kept it for a day to find a problem and fixed it by relocation of the weight on the air-conditioning tube. It seemed that weight was too close to engine which caused vibrations and annoying sound on approximately 2000 RPM. Dealer booked the fix as 1hr job under the warranty.

I apologize for my English. I'm from a non-English speaking country and I'm not too familiar with words / expressions used in car mechanics...

Hello Ilion, don't worry NO one understands what the mechanics wording anyways :)

littlemary1234
07-16-2014, 05:52 PM

Hey there, does it sound like this:

http://youtu.be/BT5xOgPisHk?list=UUkG6rRa8Uug0jHGiqJgTiqQ
I took a video of this annoying noise the studio says is normal (my ass). it's been there since I bought the car. sales person said I just need to 'break it in'...