PDA

View Full Version : Rattle/Creak from inside

JustB
09-06-2013, 05:29 PM
I picked up my 500L Lounge last week and have been loving it so far, except for one problem. When I drive at 45MPH+ and hit a rough patch or drive on a road with small divots, I get a creaking sound coming from inside the car somewhere. It will also happen at any speed when I hit a bump bigger than a inch. I had a friend ride in the back seat, and he said it sounds like it is coming from the area right behind the back seat. I took it back to the dealership today to have them look at it. They were able to identify the sound and agreed that it shouldn't be happening, but they said it wasn't loud enough and finding it would be like "finding a needle in a haystack" after an hour of looking at it. It's loud enough that I can hear it over the Beats audio system with the volume on 10, which I think qualifies as pretty loud.

I've tried folding the back seats up and that doesn't seem to affect it. I've taken everything out of the car that didn't come with it, but also with no luck. I have the spare tire kit, which I'm going to try emptying out before I go on a drive tomorrow to see if that's the cause.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Stacey Willard
09-07-2013, 04:58 PM
This happened to me when the driver seat wasn't locked in right. Try moving the lever to raise or lower the seat if it's coming from yours or the passenger seat.

FiatCACares
09-09-2013, 02:52 PM
JustB,

I'm sorry to hear about your concerns, have you had any luck narrowing down where the noise is coming from? If you are seeking additional assistance please PM me your VIN# and I would be happy to help.

Congratulations on your new Fiat and welcome to the Forum! :)

JustB
09-21-2013, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the advice! Sorry I took so long to reply, I wanted to wait until I had a chance to take my 500L on a long drive so I could be sure the noise was gone. I adjusted the front and back seats, and that seemed to get rid of the noise.

Thanks again!