PDA

View Full Version : So Many PROBLEMS

beerqueeen
09-06-2013, 03:19 AM
I bought my Fiat 500 Pop in August of 2011. Two months later (1)the air conditioner went out. A few months went by and again, (2)the air conditioner went out. A few months after that (3)the driver's side door handle broke and the door wouldn't open. When I got in my car I would have to get in the passenger side and open the drivers door n go back around to get in the car. They replaced the door handle, but installed it wrong so then the door wouldn't lock. Finally, after that problem was fixed, I kept getting a warning about (4)tire pressure. I checked the tire pressure nearly every time I drove the car for a few days and the pressure was fine. When I took it in they said the computer just needed to be reset. The next problem I had was (5) issues with the headlights. They weren't turning on. Now my (6)CD player is failing to spit out CDs. And tonight I went to start my car and (7)the battery is dead. (no, nothing was left on inside the car) I read that the battery for 500s are supposed to be good for 4 years. It's only been 2.

I've seriously had it with this car. This is the first car I have ever bought in my life and I can honestly say, I regret it. I bought a new car so I wouldn't have all these issues. Little did I know....

zyxelenator
09-06-2013, 04:43 AM
your first post here and you are bitching about car? Not the right place. Don't like it, go get yourself civic or corolla.You are covered by warranty, if it continues giving attitude get rid of it before warranty expires.

Andree
09-06-2013, 07:51 AM
I bought my Fiat 500 Pop in August of 2011. Two months later (1)the air conditioner went out. A few months went by and again, (2)the air conditioner went out. A few months after that (3)the driver's side door handle broke and the door wouldn't open. When I got in my car I would have to get in the passenger side and open the drivers door n go back around to get in the car. They replaced the door handle, but installed it wrong so then the door wouldn't lock. Finally, after that problem was fixed, I kept getting a warning about (4)tire pressure. I checked the tire pressure nearly every time I drove the car for a few days and the pressure was fine. When I took it in they said the computer just needed to be reset. The next problem I had was (5) issues with the headlights. They weren't turning on. Now my (6)CD player is failing to spit out CDs. And tonight I went to start my car and (7)the battery is dead. (no, nothing was left on inside the car) I read that the battery for 500s are supposed to be good for 4 years. It's only been 2.

I've seriously had it with this car. This is the first car I have ever bought in my life and I can honestly say, I regret it. I bought a new car so I wouldn't have all these issues. Little did I know....

A couple of those things sound like they are problems with the dealership installing things wrong. The door handle, and the resetting of the tire pressure monitoring system.

The cars have extensive computer controls. And if you've ever played a game that has bugs, you'll know about updates and glitches. I'd done some beta testing, and the whole point was to find the things that didn't work right. It was frustrating at times, and yet rewarding to see the broken parts "fixed" in the next build.

I expect my battery to die every one to two years. It's not the battery, it's the way I drive. I don't drive enough to keep the battery charged. It's that simple. And I have a choice, which is to drive a lot more for absolutely no reason other than to keep the battery charged, or to replace the battery when it's needed. I figure that replacing the battery is easier for me and for the car. The car doesn't get excess miles put on it for no reason, so that all the parts only deteriorate in terms of time, rather than use.

If you drive many short trips, you can expect the battery to die. And your gas mileage won't be so great either. It's not the car, it's the driver. I had to learn that over many years of battery replacement. I didn't know, I didn't understand. And those many short trips are considered to be hard on the car, more so than driving longer routes daily.

Don't know about the aircon, did they give you a reason why it broke the first time?

SeaDawg
09-06-2013, 10:29 AM
My LS tech says there seems to be a number of battery failures among EARLY build cars. With a purchase date of August 2011 I would think that would qualify for that group. My car is also an early build, February 2011 to be exact. Luckily I haven't had any problems, yet. Mine is a Sport, although I don't necessarily see where that would make a difference.

Tweak
09-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear of your issues, with warranty in place you should get things fixed and once done correctly hopefully you'll be happy.

chrisnov500
09-06-2013, 11:25 AM
it is always good to try other dealership if you have an option to choose from.

FiatCares
09-06-2013, 11:28 AM

Which ones on this list is still outstanding? Its under warranty and should be addressed as such. If you would like, send me your VIN and I can look at your warranty history or make a call to the service manager at the studio of your choice... but first step is to send me your info and make an appointment at a studio.

whatebahw
09-06-2013, 11:33 AM
I haven't had any problems with either of mine. I'm just happy every day that I don't drive a generic looking, feeling, sounding car. (looking at you elantra, mazdaspeed2, fiesta, fit, yaris & golf)