PDA

View Full Version : 595

Jono
09-06-2013, 01:23 AM
I was just reading an article on the 595 limited edition, saying it has 180 bhp stock. Anyone know how this was obtained? I am presuming its Euro spec? Thanks!

BigDaddySRT
09-06-2013, 08:10 AM
Some things to consider...

1. 1.4L T-Jet Motor (Euro Spec)
2. Magneti Marelli Record Monza Exhaust
3. ABARTH Competizione Gearbox (Auto Slush Box with Electronics)

It needs "180 bhp" to be able to compete with the North American ABARTH.

Fiat500USA
09-06-2013, 08:56 AM
Yes, the European cars don't use a MultiAir. The 695 and 595 cars use a bigger turbo than the standard Euro Abarth 500. This turbo is the same as ours, but the engine is different. There is also different tuning and the car uses the Marelli Dual Mode exhaust. You can read more about the 695 series here (http://www.fiat500usa.com/search/label/Abarth%20695) and here (http://www.fiat500usa.com/search/label/Abarth%20695%20Fuori%20Serie). Read this to get familiar with the European Abarth 500: Introducing the new Fiat 500 Abarth... (http://www.fiat500usa.com/2009/01/introducing-new-fiat-500abarth.html)

abarth&911
09-06-2013, 09:24 AM
Here the North American version…..

I like the look of the 595 so I decided to paint the caliper yellow, I found some yellow center cap. For the badging I fabricated them in 1/8 aluminum.

Here in action at an AX.

Jono
09-06-2013, 11:26 PM
Great thanks for all the info

DIVSAbarth500
09-07-2013, 10:45 PM
From what I have read, for the first time in history, U.S. spec is MORE desirable than the Euro spec. And that is coming from the europeans. Or so I have heard.

BigDaddySRT
09-08-2013, 07:36 PM
From what I have read, for the first time in history, U.S. spec is MORE desirable than the Euro spec. And that is coming from the europeans. Or so I have heard.

The North American Chrysler FIAT 500 ABARTH was put through its paces by SRT.

deathshead
09-09-2013, 09:13 AM
The Euro spec is pretty much the same motor as ours but with a traditional dohc head on it instead of multiair.

The Assetto Corse-595-Tributo cars are simply the 1.4 T-Jet motor with our larger Garret GT1446 turbo instead of the tiny acorn IHI turbo that the Base-Abarth, Essesse normally runs in Europe.

The 1.4 multiair we get is from the Abarth Punto Evo and the Alfa MiTo/Gulietta and perhaps a few others.

Right Now Currently the T-jet cars have a 1-up on the Multiair cars for making more power.
this is due to the following.

The t-jet uses Bosch motronic engine management, This motronic just about EVERYONE in the tuning scene knows and knows well.

The T-jet car also *currently* has another 1000+rpm redline advantage, While ours is currently locked.

T-jet is much simpler to tune at this point.

Multiair is still very very new technology and I think many tuners just dont know it well enough or are afraid. lol
Combined with the fact that only J-tag bench flashes are the only "real" tune available makes things very difficult from a tuning aspect.

Once the Magneti Marelli 8GMW ecu odb interface drivers are completed the then the real fun starts, No one has really tested the limits of Multiair or have been able to really exploit its advantages for performance just yet, Christ, we can't even get 2 extra degrees of timing advance yet!

Juair
09-09-2013, 06:32 PM
The Euro spec is pretty much the same motor as ours but with a traditional dohc head on it instead of multiair.

The Assetto Corse-595-Tributo cars are simply the 1.4 T-Jet motor with our larger Garret GT1446 turbo instead of the tiny acorn IHI turbo that the Base-Abarth, Essesse normally runs in Europe.

The 1.4 multiair we get is from the Abarth Punto Evo and the Alfa MiTo/Gulietta and perhaps a few others.

Right Now Currently the T-jet cars have a 1-up on the Multiair cars for making more power.
this is due to the following.

The t-jet uses Bosch motronic engine management, This motronic just about EVERYONE in the tuning scene knows and knows well.

The T-jet car also *currently* has another 1000+rpm redline advantage, While ours is currently locked.

T-jet is much simpler to tune at this point.

Multiair is still very very new technology and I think many tuners just dont know it well enough or are afraid. lol
Combined with the fact that only J-tag bench flashes are the only "real" tune available makes things very difficult from a tuning aspect.

Once the Magneti Marelli 8GMW ecu odb interface drivers are completed the then the real fun starts, No one has really tested the limits of Multiair or have been able to really exploit its advantages for performance just yet, Christ, we can't even get 2 extra degrees of timing advance yet!

Wow really nice info!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!

BigT
09-10-2013, 08:28 AM
The North American Chrysler FIAT 500 ABARTH was put through its paces by SRT.

You would think since that is the case that Mopar would have released staged ECU upgrades for the car by now.